Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby jamesk25 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 pm

Duplicate**

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby TNT » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Goliath and Raging Bull weren't intended for SFSTL. The SFSTL hyper died in the very early development stage due to another park in the chain failing to get local approval for American Thunder. SFSTL had the ideal plot of land to place American Thunder in and the hyper as a result was shelved.

The plot of land next to toll booth plaza with the random paths on it was a picnic area. However very few people used it and instead had there picnics in the grass medians in the parking lot. Eventually the park removed the picnic tables from the area. The dog kennels are still in use as are the restrooms located next to them.

Postby jamesk25 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:43 am

TNT wrote:Goliath and Raging Bull weren't intended for SFSTL. The SFSTL hyper died in the very early development stage due to another park in the chain failing to get local approval for American Thunder. SFSTL had the ideal plot of land to place American Thunder in and the hyper as a result was shelved.

The plot of land next to toll booth plaza with the random paths on it was a picnic area. However very few people used it and instead had there picnics in the grass medians in the parking lot. Eventually the park removed the picnic tables from the area. The dog kennels are still in use as are the restrooms located next to them.

I think that was a good call on their part in the long run, even though not ground breaking, American Thunder fits really good with the rest of the parks line up and is a solid coaster for many.

As with the toll plaza area, I wonder if there has ever been any talk to repurpose that land, or even turn it back into a picnic area and brighten that area up again. As for the dog kennel, do they ever mention it? I have never seen them advertise or ever point out that it's there. Does any other park in the chain have a dog kennel or is that unique to SFStL?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby theymitbgi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:31 am

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:They’ve sold a raging bull magnet with the st louis name on it before.

I apologize that may have been what I was thinking of.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:10 am

jamesk25 wrote:
TNT wrote:Goliath and Raging Bull weren't intended for SFSTL. The SFSTL hyper died in the very early development stage due to another park in the chain failing to get local approval for American Thunder. SFSTL had the ideal plot of land to place American Thunder in and the hyper as a result was shelved.

I think that was a good call on their part in the long run, even though not ground breaking, American Thunder fits really good with the rest of the parks line up and is a solid coaster for many.

As with the toll plaza area, I wonder if there has ever been any talk to repurpose that land, or even turn it back into a picnic area and brighten that area up again. As for the dog kennel, do they ever mention it? I have never seen them advertise or ever point out that it's there. Does any other park in the chain have a dog kennel or is that unique to SFStL?

SFoG has a dog kennel - right under the turn for the drop into the 2nd loop of Mindbender.

Postby jamesk25 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:20 pm

jynx242 wrote:
jamesk25 wrote:
TNT wrote:
SFoG has a dog kennel - right under the turn for the drop into the 2nd loop of Mindbender.

Quick search proves our park is not unique with a dog kennel, here is a website listing every park in the US with a dog kennel.

https://blog.gopetfriendly.com/theme-parks-and-tours-with-dog-kennels/

And I looked on SFStL website and they list the pet kennel as free which is awesome to anyone who has a dog traveling with them

PET KENNEL
We know you love your pets and we love animals, too. Six Flags St. Louis offers free kennel facilities as a service to our guests. "Park-a-Pet" is located in the parking lot area, just past Toll Plaza. Please see the Toll Plaza Attendant to reserve a kennel for the day. Pets are not allowed inside the park with the exception of service animals. Pets cannot be kept overnight, and must have current vaccinations and registration tags.

Also I actually did not know Holiday World offered dog kennel's

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby toomuchstereo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:08 pm

This is true, another park couldn't get permits for American Thunder so it' came to St. Louis since it would fit. These sort of last minute changes happen surprisingly often.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ChrisGraslie » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 am

Do you know which park Evel Knievel/American Thunder was originally designed for?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:28 am

I was told by the rides department manager years ago that it was originally going to SFNE. This was at an ACE event.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:27 am

Then you guys lucked out. American Thunder was by far one of my favorite GCI's and was a hidden gem in this park!
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!