Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 am

Hey! We don't look too bad in those photos. Now if there had been a video of the three of us climbing in and out of those darn logs that would be a different story, lol.

The helix never bothered me and I don't usually get beat up by the roughness of coasters, more an issue with motion sickness if I don't prepare ahead of time. However, I did have bruises on my thighs from the last time I rode Magnum, need to learn the right technique for that one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 am

This park has such a great woodie collection. My personal favorite is Screamin' Eagle, but they're all great rides.

I didn't find the Boss rough. If anything, I wish the mid-course trim was off to experience a wilder second half. :lol: However, I understand why they don't do that.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Brockton Fair

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby HWFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:32 am

Don’t remember exactly who (sorry to whoever it was but thanks for the pics EDIT: that would be Danrarbc), but someone had posted a pic wondering what the spot lights outside Colossus were for, since the ride already has a lighting package. Well, here is what that was for:

A3F6D4B4-3460-43D6-90FF-FBFB7652AF84.jpeg
Quite the blue-tiful sight, don’t ya think?

Also, the Boss not being renamed and SFNE having to pay up on their end of the deal (followed by SFDK having to make good on their bet too) is one of the best parts of the Blues win, in my opinion. With a country who loves a good underdog story, even the company behind the universally-popular Skycoaster brand extended their congratulations, albeit in their own appropriate way:

EDC4A02C-6485-4620-9228-C51E8A48FB28.jpeg
To be completely honest, I’d have to say that out of the arches in St. Louis, mine are still probably the Golden Arches. (I’m a sucker for an Oreo McFlurry)

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 pm

^welcome back to the forums! Stay a while. The blue lights are really cool. I wish they'd regularly do more with lighting in reference to the ferris wheel.

lol @ the golden arches.

teacherkim wrote:However, I did have bruises on my thighs from the last time I rode Magnum, need to learn the right technique for that one.

Kim, use coasterbill's seatbelt trick. Emily and I sat in the front car of a middle row. I ratcheted the seatbelt down as tight as I possibly could and the ride was actually really enjoyable. That was the first time I've ever had fun on it.

Postby bert425 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 pm

They actually colored the fountains Blue on Sunday too (the night of playoff game 6). . .we didn't know why until later when someone told us that was why (maybe Kim)?

but we posed by it for our pic, because I thought it was pretty, so brought the photog over to it for the pic.

LOL
bd4af11d97744335b18955bc7989c8ce.jpg
cb1928780146490591722b4e4dd5f142.jpg
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Oh that's cool. Worlds of Fun had a blue fountain when the Royals won a few years back. Nice way to celebrate.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby teacherkim » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Yep, that was me that told you why it was blue! They also dye it red in October for FF which doubles nicely if the Cardinals are in the playoffs. Although sometimes it comes out a little more pinkish than red.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby diggerg56 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am

bert425 wrote:I did want to note - while I'm thinking of it -- that it's very odd to me that SF StL is still using the fingerprint scans to get in.

the Texas Parks all switched to the Ipad photo at the gates, but here? still scanning fingers.
and when I commented that I was surprised they are still using fingerprint, the lady at the gate looked super confused --

SFGAm has stopped using the finger scanners as well, and were taking photos of everyone entering when i was there a few weeks ago.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby TNT » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:10 am

Paint work on Xcalibur started earlier this week. Work on the gondolas is beginning to wrap up and they should be ready to go back on soon.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rchuprina91 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:22 am

This one looks amazing. I will definately visit in on my trip to St. Lois!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!