Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: michaellynn4, SteveStL and 38 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby ChrisGraslie » Sat May 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Oh and while we're on the topic of Supergirl, the ride closed multiple times today after having malfunctions with riders onboard. So after a failed member preview, it's still having issues. Someone I know that was on the ride said that it was perfectly fine, but then the ride began to lower down like normal, before shaking violently and stopping mid-air. After being let off, the guests that had that experience were supposedly just given exit passes. Then they tested the ride, reopened it, and had the same issue at least two more times. I wonder if there's some kind of defect?
IMG_20190525_205825_743.jpg
One of the passes that was given to a guest that was stuck on the ride

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:28 pm

I really like the "S" shield logo on the ground there. .that was added for Supergirl ride, correct?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:28 pm

ChrisGraslie wrote:Oh and while we're on the topic of Supergirl, the ride closed multiple times today after having malfunctions with riders onboard. So after a failed member preview, it's still having issues. Someone I know that was on the ride said that it was perfectly fine, but then the ride began to lower down like normal, before shaking violently and stopping mid-air. After being let off, the guests that had that experience were supposedly just given exit passes. Then they tested the ride, reopened it, and had the same issue at least two more times. I wonder if there's some kind of defect?

eh. . it's a brand new ride (and a version that is the 1st a Six Flags has installed). it's gonna have issues.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat May 25, 2019 9:13 pm

ChrisGraslie wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:You act like this park under original Six Flags and Warner Bros. didn't do things like put the Moon Cars and Log Flume in the Spain section, you know, themed for Spain's burgeoning automotive and timber industries.

Look, if people were telling the park they wanted highly themed areas, they'd do it. The guests are saying we don't really care about it, so the park doesn't really care about it. I'd say that meets the definition of being responsive to guest concerns.

The moon cars were actually part of the Missouri section if I remember correctly, but you've got a point with the log flume. I mean they weren't going for 100% historical accuracy, but it was still cool because Angus Wynne wanted you to feel like you'd stepped into another part of the world that you've never been to before. If guests don't want that now, then so be it. But that's a shame.

You're right about the Moon Cars. The original entrance was where the picnic pavilion entrance is now. I found an old map on the Internet (because looking for it was way more fun than arguing about theming at a Six Flags park, because honestly stabbing my hand with a knife is more fun that arguing about theming at a Six Flags park), and it shows the original layout and entrance. Enjoy!

https://bit.ly/2QlOJKj

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ChrisGraslie » Sat May 25, 2019 9:41 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:You're right about the Moon Cars. The original entrance was where the picnic pavilion entrance is now. I found an old map on the Internet (because looking for it was way more fun than arguing about theming at a Six Flags park, because honestly stabbing my hand with a knife is more fun that arguing about theming at a Six Flags park), and it shows the original layout and entrance. Enjoy!

Thanks. I very much agree though, I never intended to start an argument in this forum again. :lmao: So yeah, sorry about that

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby TNT » Sat May 25, 2019 11:21 pm

The 1904 World's Fair section of the park used to extend down to the Log Flume.

The Log Flume was originally named The Hoo Hoo after the House of Hoo Hoo at the Lumberman's Exhibit at the 1904 Worlds Fair.

This little fact is mentioned on the train as it exits the roundhouse.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Sun May 26, 2019 5:22 am

The station platform for the original Moon Cars is still there. It’s the random pad of raised concrete when you enter the picnic area
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby TNT » Sun May 26, 2019 11:45 am

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:The station platform for the original Moon Cars is still there. It’s the random pad of raised concrete when you enter the picnic area
It is now the Pavilion Buffet. Yes the Pavilion Buffet accepts dining passes.

Postby Vonni » Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 am

The original layout for the antique cars was so nice. I know it has been mentioned several times here, but I do hope at sometime in the future they give a better layout for the antique cars. There are several areas in the park that would work perfectly.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby teacherkim » Tue May 28, 2019 8:00 am

Vonni I agree with you about the antique cars. I know it sounds a little hokey but we were just at Coasterstock at King's Island where they have just refurbished their antique cars and we actually had a lot of fun riding them on a break from the coasters. It was set up very old road trip USA and totally nostalgic.

As far as Supergirl going down, new rides are always ripe for problems, that's not exactly unusual. But I can report from a newly minted ride op that lives in my house and was working at a nearby attraction that at one point they had to close Supergirl because the ride ops crew had gone several hours without any break and they used the downtime to train a second crew. Apparently it was quite popular all day, so lots of interest in the new ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!