Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 487
Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby tanthonyam » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Great news!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 202
Joined: 01 Dec 2016
Location: St. Louis, MO
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby thisdougsforu » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:36 pm

All great news. 2019 sounds like it should be a much better operating season.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!
 
Posts: 101
Joined: 23 Mar 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby castaway_kid » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:11 pm

I'm excited to see what direction the park goes this year with a new director of maintenance. The new guy was a manager in maintenance at Magic Mountain and Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi. Hopefully he can continue and maybe increase the number of projects the park is currently do to make it look nicer.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 202
Joined: 01 Dec 2016
Location: St. Louis, MO
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby thisdougsforu » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:04 am

Some cool video here via the YouTubes of a truck pull that took place in 1990 at the back of the park - https://youtu.be/lbCf1dGPZAY

You can still see this area straight off of the lift hill from the screamin' eagle. They would do monster trucks and demo derbies back there around this time as well.

A friend who works for Bigfoot gave me these shots. Same area. Another friend of mine who is a monster truck junkie that also worked at the park in the late 80's said the pulls/monsters were part of a yearly Country Fair event that took place.
bigfoot six flags.png
bigfoot six flags2.png

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Location: On a two man ride with Flume Dog
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 am

That's really cool. I loved the Bigfoot monster truck growing up. I worshiped it and remember eating lunch under the truck on Lindbergh pretty often. I remember my parents taking me to a monster truck rally at 'The Barn,' wearing ear plugs and having the time of my life.

Ironically, I ended up being into small displacement foreign cars, with zero interest large motor American trucks.

I Love Donkeys!
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 23 Jan 2019
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Gender: Male
Age: 39

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby yawetag » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:11 pm

prozach626 wrote:That's really cool. I loved the Bigfoot monster truck growing up. I worshiped it and remember eating lunch under the truck on Lindbergh pretty often. I remember my parents taking me to a monster truck rally at 'The Barn,' wearing ear plugs and having the time of my life.

Ironically, I ended up being into small displacement foreign cars, with zero interest large motor American trucks.

The Bigfoot on Lindbergh is gone now, too, unfortunately. Moved away and sold it to one of the local car dealerships to use as a repair shop.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 202
Joined: 01 Dec 2016
Location: St. Louis, MO
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby thisdougsforu » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:29 pm

yawetag wrote:
prozach626 wrote:That's really cool. I loved the Bigfoot monster truck growing up. I worshiped it and remember eating lunch under the truck on Lindbergh pretty often. I remember my parents taking me to a monster truck rally at 'The Barn,' wearing ear plugs and having the time of my life.

Ironically, I ended up being into small displacement foreign cars, with zero interest large motor American trucks.

The Bigfoot on Lindbergh is gone now, too, unfortunately. Moved away and sold it to one of the local car dealerships to use as a repair shop.


Zach I actually just scanned some photos in of some various monster truck shows that I attended at the barn. I'll post a link to them tomorrow when they are online. You may of been at one. The barn was a great spot for monsters. I just turned 35 so we are close to the same age, and man, it was awesome as a young kid.

Bigfoot moved to Pacific, MO in 2015. I worked in the Lindbergh shop from 2004 - 2007 and then again from 2010-2012 and the place was getting really long in the tooth. When the Bommaritos wanted to buy basically that entire section of I270 real estate, Bigfoot settled on Pacific as a new location as there was a heavy equipment service shop for sale that fit perfectly for the use plus all the tax breaks, yadda yadda. Pretty funny that the team is now located about 10 minutes from Six Flags!

Since we are talking monsters, if anyone saw the Grave Digger coaster concept from last years IAAPA, it was done by a friend of mine who works for Feld (Monster Jam's parent company) who is a big coaster/monster nerd. I'd love to see that come to fruition at some point!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 13 Jul 2014
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:17 am

Hi all! I am going to visit the second weekend of operation on either March 30 or 31st. I have two questions:

1. Are either of those dates Bring a Friend Free or any other big discount on tickets for SFStL passholders? I'd like to avoid a Bring a Friend Free day as I'm a SFOG Gold season passholder.

2. I will need 3 single day tickets, does Dierbergs grocery still have tickets? Or any other single day discounts? The park website still doesn't list date specific tix yet, but says they should be $47.99. Probably worth 2 extra dollars for season pass just in case my friends fall into any other Six flags park this year if there aren't any discounts.

Thank you any who can help!
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Location: On a two man ride with Flume Dog
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:39 pm

I haven't purchased discount tickets for quite a while, but I always thought Schnucks Supermarkets were the best places to buy discounted tickets.

Some personal tips:
Make sure to ride Screamin' Eagle several times. Non wheel seats. Unfortunately, you'll be missing out on all of the leaves on the trees, but I love it.

If you've never been on a Mr. Freeze model I think you'll enjoy it.

JB's is a great place to grab a beer, sit on the patio, and hear Mr. Freeze's roar.

There's absolutely no reason to ride the Antique Cars.

Ninja = One and done

Wear comfortable shoes for the hike it takes to get through Batman's queue.

We have a decent train with two stations. It's worth a ride on both section.

The Boss: Butt back, lean forward, grab the restraint bar, and don't sit on a wheel seal. We prefer the middle of the train. With that combination we love it. Otherwise, it's borderline torture.

American Thunder is great.

If I were going to subject myself to park food, I'd go to the Coney Dog place by the palace. I can't remember if that's the name or not, but you can get massive hot dog and covered in chili and cheese if you like.

It's too bad you're visiting that early in the season. The park is a lot more green and charming during the summer, especially in the back half. Don't feel rushed, because you can get through the park quickly.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 20 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Age: 38

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby aaronmb » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:10 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:Hi all! I am going to visit the second weekend of operation on either March 30 or 31st. I have two questions:

1. Are either of those dates Bring a Friend Free or any other big discount on tickets for SFStL passholders? I'd like to avoid a Bring a Friend Free day as I'm a SFOG Gold season passholder.

2. I will need 3 single day tickets, does Dierbergs grocery still have tickets? Or any other single day discounts? The park website still doesn't list date specific tix yet, but says they should be $47.99. Probably worth 2 extra dollars for season pass just in case my friends fall into any other Six flags park this year if there aren't any discounts.

Thank you any who can help!


I would definitely get a season pass, as tax and '"fees" will make a single ticket close to $60.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron