Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: tinaalsgirl and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby TrippinBillie » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Sadly, the RMC'ing of the Boss will NEVER happen for two reasons (as talked about before) 1) Too expensive 2) IF it happened, they'd have to significantly reduce the length making it not something worth the investment. It's really a bummer, because of all the woodies in the SF chain, that one would benefit the best from an RMC and I bet they'd get ultra creative with that layout :cry:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:30 pm

I actually really like the Boss's layout and think it's a fine coaster as is. That being said, I'll always dream of it being a RMC since I know how good it could be if it were done right.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parc Saint Paul &Lake Compounce

Postby prozach626 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:54 pm

VegasBaby wrote:It seems like SFStl would be a prime candidate for an S&S 4D or a RMC Raptor for their next coaster. These models have been the standard coaster additions for the smaller parks in the SF chain, and the 4Ds have even gone to some of their bigger parks. I would expect SFStl to get one of these coasters in the next few years. I can't see one of the park's 3 woodies getting an RMC makeover due to the reasons Chris mentioned above.

That's tired talk. If you ask me, we'd benefit greatly from both. But, I'll keep my expectations reasonable with an Endeavor and hopefully a few fixed toilets.

TrippinBillie wrote:Sadly, the RMC'ing of the Boss will NEVER happen for two reasons (as talked about before) 1) Too expensive 2) IF it happened, they'd have to significantly reduce the length making it not something worth the investment. It's really a bummer, because of all the woodies in the SF chain, that one would benefit the best from an RMC and I bet they'd get ultra creative with that layout :cry:

I think as long as The Boss continues to get TLC, it will be fine. The helix was brutal and they got rid of it in favor of a turn that's still fun and it doesn't beat you up as bad. I used to be one of the people quick to point the finger at The Boss and say it's in need of RMC. But, when I compare it to Voyage or Legend, the latter of which beats the FFck out of you, it's really not all that bad. For some reason Holiday World gets a free pass on it two, if not three, kidney punchers. I think because The Boss is at SFSTL people see it in a more negative light. I guarantee if it were at a park like Holiday World or Knoebels people would somehow love it. Step up the off season track work and it will be great. As others have pointed out, The Boss is very popular and often still keeps a line despite it's high capacity.

JG-77 wrote:^ I think he means in addition to the already quality collection of woodies you guys have. I agree that none of your woodies need RMC.

Oh, I knew.
GTFO!

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:11 am

ChrisGraslie wrote:Some people say The Boss needs an RMC makeover, but every year that goes by the chances of that seem to get lower and lower, especially since they just spent a bunch of money modifying the track last year. As for the other woodies, Screamin' Eagle is a coaster landmark and will most likely always be left the way it is, and American Thunder is probably too compact and just doesn't need it.

I'm still holding out hope that we get some kind of new coaster for the park's 50th anniversary, whatever that may be.

I don't think it really matters that Screamin' Eagle is a landmark coaster. Colossus was pretty notable and Six Flags RMCed it, but who knows.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby thisdougsforu » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 am

Diamondbacker27 wrote:
ChrisGraslie wrote:Some people say The Boss needs an RMC makeover, but every year that goes by the chances of that seem to get lower and lower, especially since they just spent a bunch of money modifying the track last year. As for the other woodies, Screamin' Eagle is a coaster landmark and will most likely always be left the way it is, and American Thunder is probably too compact and just doesn't need it.

I'm still holding out hope that we get some kind of new coaster for the park's 50th anniversary, whatever that may be.

I don't think it really matters that Screamin' Eagle is a landmark coaster. Colossus was pretty notable and Six Flags RMCed it, but who knows.

In this case I think it does really matter. Eagle was John Allen's last coaster design, a design he had been working towards throughout his career, and one he was immensely proud of. Just seems like a dicey proposition, especially because the Eagle is still a kickass ride. It's like a classic car. My understanding is that Colossus was getting really rough before the transformation. That's just not the case with Eagle. Enough work has been done to keep her running well. When the sun sets on a warm day, a dusk ride on the Eagle is one of the best rides you can have in the park.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:00 am

Besides, Screamin' Eagle doesn't have that much of an interesting layout as the boss does for an RMC. I know RMC can make any coaster awesome no matter what, but if they were to decide, they would go for the Boss.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Screamin' Eagle will never be RMC'd for a long list of reasons
-It's the park's only "classic" coaster- it's untouchable in my opinion
-It is one of the few rides that has a 42" height requirement
-The entrance isn't ADA accessible at the moment, and to market it as a new ride they'd need to completely rebuild the station
-Corporate isn't about to spend that much money on a SFSTL coaster
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Postby prozach626 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 pm

How much can you do with a straight forward out and back coaster? Twisted Colossus was different, because it plays on its long layout and racing trains. You can't compare Screamin Eagle to an atrociously rough coaster like the Georgia Cyclone or Rattler. The layouts are prone to becoming rough coasters. There's also no reason to change the Screaming Eagle. It's not rough and its had a line the last few times I've been to the park. Out of about ten rides I've had within the last few years only one was kind of rough.

American Thunder isn't even worth bringing up. It's incredibly smooth and isn't it friendly to younger riders? Giving it an RMC treatment would be pointless.

I'm sorry, but this conversation is pretty tired. It's silly. We might as well talk about the Skyride coming back or the enclosure of the Mine Train. The idea of a new smaller scale coaster is much more realistic than the concept of contradicting what Six Flags has already made abundantly clear.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SteveStL » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:22 pm

This RMC discussion will never end.
Just ain't gonna happen folks

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFStl Fan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:55 pm

prozach626 wrote:We might as well talk about the Skyride coming back or the enclosure of the Mine Train.

Since we're talking about the enclosure of the Mine Train, can we speculate if they'll ever bring back the spotlight and air horn when it dipped into the tunnel?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!