Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:38 am

My understanding of the food ordering option is that you can order ahead of time, but you have to wait until yo get to the dining location and check-in before they make the food. This way you don't have to wait in line to order and wait in line to pickup. Not 100% sure but this was how I took it when they told us.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:09 am

^ Oh man if that is true that would solve so many problems!

Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:37 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Oh no, not too aggressive at all. Prozach simply pointed out a laughable situation, and Chris went and dragged it down into bare minimum classism if not outright racism. These days we've got to be aggressive with that sh*t.

Are you really going to try to play the race card on a theme park forum? Unless I read my own post wrong, I'm pretty sure I didn't mention any specific race as being a problem at the park, nor did I even mention any. And I never said that all poor people are criminals or don't deserve to be at the park either.

By "those types of people" I meant anyone who might have criminal intent or is involved with criminal activities, which is in some places statistically more common with lower-class people. That doesn't mean that's the case in Eureka or most places in Missouri even. I'm not some rich snob that doesn't want any lower-class people in the park, nor am I a horrible racist, so you can go be aggressive with "that sh*t" somewhere else, my guy. I don't think discussing classism is an appropriate conversation to be having on a TPR forum, so I apologize for continuing this further.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:02 am

Dude. I did not expect you to sing all the greatest hits. Thank you so much; you have made your feelings spectacularly clear.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Dude. I did not expect you to sing all the greatest hits. Thank you so much; you have made your feelings spectacularly clear.

You also just accused me of being a racist with no basis, when it was pretty obvious what I meant. So I was telling you why you're wrong :lmao:

If you're going to be inflammatory and try to start flame wars on the internet just because you can, this isn't the time or the place to do that.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:14 am

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:27 am

This forum just really isn't worth my time anymore. I guess if I'm going to get banned for standing up for myself, now's the time to do it :lmao:

Replying with a JPG of a shovel makes you look real cool and edgy, by the way. That makes me so upset.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:11 am

For what its worth I've got your back.

Lower-income peoples generally have greater propensity to commit theft, drug use/dealing, and other such disorderly-conduct-type crimes. To say that you don't want people who tend to engage in such activities at a theme park does not make you a racist.

Facts are facts and some people (see what I did there?) have trouble accepting that.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:45 am

Now let's not get off into the realm of identity politics here. People are not defined by one behaviour. Saying a behaviour is morally objectionable is not the same as saying a person is morally objectionable. Those are worlds apart.

Let's make clear what exactly was objectionable about the original statement: That "those types of people" should not be allowed to do a thing. It shows thinking of groups rather than individuals and a sense that's one's own group should control another group's access. Those things are morally wrong. I hate that I have to spell out something so obvious, but people are confused about this point.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Now let's not get off into the realm of identity politics here. People are not defined by one behaviour. Saying a behaviour is morally objectionable is not the same as saying a person is morally objectionable. Those are worlds apart.

Let's make clear what exactly was objectionable about the original statement: That "those types of people" should not be allowed to do a thing. It shows thinking of groups rather than individuals and a sense that's one's own group should control another group's access. Those things are morally wrong. I hate that I have to spell out something so obvious, but people are confused about this point.

Ultimately, "my group" has no say who can buy season passes and enter the park because I don't work for Six Flags. I respect the way that you see behavior as it relates to individuals, but in my opinion it's a different story when you're talking about public places like theme parks, especially with a company that has bad history with guest safety and gang violence at its parks.

But honestly it's not a problem until it's a problem, other than drunk people punching Daffy Duck there isn't any reason for the park to be concerned. I just hope it doesn't ever become an issue. Can we move on now, please?
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS