Page 1233 of 1322

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:37 pm
by Woodie Warrior
ChrisGraslie wrote:
prozach626 wrote:I arrested another drug dealer with a Six Flags season pass, tonight. Comforting. I see these all the time when I bring people into jail and inventory their property. There are a lot of people with extensive criminal histories walking around with $50 season passes.

And that's why you don't price season passes that low. Those types of people don't deserve to be in a place that's supposed to be safe for everyone. You shouldn't even be able to buy a season pass let alone be allowed to enter the park if you have a criminal record. :|

This argument really annoys me every time it comes up on here. Poor people aren't criminals. Making season passes more expensive doesn't magically keep criminals from visiting the park. I'm sure there are plenty of drug dealers making more money than people with white collar jobs.

Also why should a criminal record keep somebody from going to an amusement park once they're released? We already have metal detectors and bag checks, do we need to add background checks as well?

Edit to add: I understand that Six Flags is known for having far more teens on the loose or whatever compared to other parks. I think that has less to do with the price and more to do with the nature of the park. A park with thrill rides is gonna attract more obnoxious teenagers than Disneyland would.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:50 pm
by ChrisGraslie
Woodie Warrior wrote:This argument really annoys me every time it comes up on here. Poor people aren't criminals. Making season passes more expensive doesn't magically keep criminals from visiting the park. I'm sure there are plenty of drug dealers making more money than people with white collar jobs.

Also why should a criminal record keep somebody from going to an amusement park once they're released? We already have metal detectors and bag checks, do we need to add background checks as well?

Edit to add: I understand that Six Flags is known for having far more teens on the loose or whatever compared to other parks. I think that has less to do with the price and more to do with the nature of the park. A park with thrill rides is gonna attract more obnoxious teenagers than Disneyland would.

My apologies, I didn't mean that ALL people with criminal records shouldn't be able to be in the park. If the rowdiness ever got to a certain point that they needed some kind of extra safety measure, they'd probably just bump up security rather than requiring background checks. Six Flags St. Louis and the rest of the Six Flags parks aren't even close to needing that though. And yeah, most poor people aren't criminals.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:43 am
by prozach626
I do want to clarify that never did I say that poor people are criminals. Never would I say that poor people are criminals.

As far as your response goes, you blew everything out of proportion. I'm not willing to waste my time explaining my first hand experiences and knowledge of criminal behavior vs. what you think you know. You wouldn't want to walk a mile in my shoes. It's both frightening and depressing.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:38 am
by SFStl Fan
I'm with Zach on this. I get what he is saying but everyone always tends to jump on the "did he just say poor people are criminals" wagon.

Also "A park with thrill rides is gonna attract more obnoxious teenagers than Disneyland would" is only partially true because a ticket to Disneyland costs twice as much as a season pass to Six Flags does (at $50). Therefore, those teenagers aren't going to spend that money to run amok for a day within the streets of Disney. Instead, they'll spend their fifty bucks on a season pass to act stupid all year long at Six Flags.

Anyway....did anyone notice the new version of the Six Flags app has an "order food" button on it for the 2019 season?

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 am
by ytterbiumanalyst
ChrisGraslie wrote:Those types of people don't deserve to be in a place that's supposed to be safe for everyone.

What do you mean by "those types of people"? Please elaborate. I want to hear your answer to that.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:33 pm
by TNT
SFStl Fan wrote:Anyway....did anyone notice the new version of the Six Flags app has an "order food" button on it for the 2019 season?


Speaking of the Six Flags app, everyone's favorite vomit inducing trebuchet is back on the app after going missing a few months ago.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:56 pm
by prozach626
Sounds like maybe they're trying to improve food efficiency if you can order it and pick it up later. Comes with the ability to enter a meal plan code or Credit Card number, maybe? At least it sounds like they're trying. I wonder if there will be an extra charge for ordering ahead of time and picking up later.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:47 pm
by Canobie Coaster
I love how Disney's app lets you order food there. If this is even half as efficient, it's a major win if you ask me. Six Flags food lines are the 7th circle of hell.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 pm
by Woodie Warrior
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
ChrisGraslie wrote:Those types of people don't deserve to be in a place that's supposed to be safe for everyone.

What do you mean by "those types of people"? Please elaborate. I want to hear your answer to that.

*crickets*

And to reply to the others in this thread: It was implied by multiple people that low season pass prices allow for criminals to enter the park. This sentiment is brought up time and time again in this thread and I frankly was getting tired of it. My apologies if I seemed too aggressive in my response.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:07 am
by ytterbiumanalyst
Woodie Warrior wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
ChrisGraslie wrote:Those types of people don't deserve to be in a place that's supposed to be safe for everyone.

What do you mean by "those types of people"? Please elaborate. I want to hear your answer to that.

*crickets*

And to reply to the others in this thread: It was implied by multiple people that low season pass prices allow for criminals to enter the park. This sentiment is brought up time and time again in this thread and I frankly was getting tired of it. My apologies if I seemed too aggressive in my response.

Oh no, not too aggressive at all. Prozach simply pointed out a laughable situation, and Chris went and dragged it down into bare minimum classism if not outright racism. These days we've got to be aggressive with that sh*t.