Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Danrarbc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Coastercowboy wrote:Rode The Boss about 3 weeks ago. Can't say I enjoyed it very much. It was really rough. My daughter who has never says anything about the roughness of coasters came off saying it was too painful for her to ride again. I can only imagine what the helix was like...I thought the layout was really good though. It could be a great coaster if it were smoother.

The problem is fixing it is as expensive as a new coaster. And it isn't the roughest woodie out there, not by a mile.

But yeah we'd all love to see what GCI or RMC could do with it.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:53 pm

The park has American Thunder which is a crazy fun GCI. I say rid them self's of a problem and RMC the Boss.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Not going to happen. They just spent a ton of money on the new turnaround.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby thisdougsforu » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Coastercowboy wrote:Rode The Boss about 3 weeks ago. Can't say I enjoyed it very much. It was really rough. My daughter who has never says anything about the roughness of coasters came off saying it was too painful for her to ride again. I can only imagine what the helix was like...I thought the layout was really good though. It could be a great coaster if it were smoother.

You know how the Boss makes you feel like you've been in a street fight? Imagine getting beaten up and then put in a centrifuge. The helix was intense.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby TNT » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 pm

Danrarbc wrote:

The problem is fixing it is as expensive as a new coaster. And it isn't the roughest woodie out there, not by a mile.

But yeah we'd all love to see what GCI or RMC could do with it.
They've replaced at least 80% of the track in the past five years. To get it to ride any smoother than it does now would require new trains. I'm hoping a new set is coming soon.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:19 pm

RMC Boss could absolutely destroy Steel Vengeance in terms of ride experience and give a night ride that'd make Beast and Voyage tremble in awe. You heard it here first. If any other ride has a more perfect location and scale for a world-class ride I have yet to behold its glory.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:22 pm

Boss is really good now. Still a bit rough, but I don't see it getting any smoother than it is. This is the best it's run in 18 years.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Coastercowboy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:06 pm

I agree that with the helix removed and other re-tracking that has been done that the hopes of The Boss getting smoother most likely won't happen and that is OK. As big as it is the cost to RMC would be out of the price range for most parks, even more so with St. Louis.

I still enjoyed my first trip. One of the better looking SF parks. I came away thinking that if they could get a new, signature coaster it would be more of a destination park. They have a nice selection of B,B+ rides just not a true "must ride coaster". It is one of the smallest markets for a Six Flags so I can see why not a whole lot of capital is put into the park though.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:16 pm

When I was in St Louis a couple of years ago there were billboards advertising Holiday World and even Kentucky Kingdom. I'd say there's probably a decent-sized market, but the park isn't really in shape to cater to it.

The park's location and backdrop is absolutely beautiful. I'd go back to get the remainder of the credits and ride the woodies some more (Screamin Eagle has the realest floater airtime to ever exist and I never got to try AT in the back), but I've always passed through on a tight schedule and it's not a good enough park to make any extra time for in my mind.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:39 am

St. Louis is a decent sized city really, about 2 million. The problem is that no one takes a vacation to St. Louis. Branson is really the only vacation destination in the state. St. Louis has plenty of things that are legitimately great, including City Museum, Grant's Farm, the Zoo, and SLAM, but it suffers from the same stigma as other Rust Belt cities. People just don't think of it when deciding where to spend their two weeks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!