Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Is there currently, or is there going to be VR on any of the rides this year?

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:37 am

They're currently adding VR to Tsunami Soaker where the VR will show Typhoon Twister. It's a brand new development.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:26 am

prozach626 wrote:They're currently adding VR to Tsunami Soaker where the VR will show Typhoon Twister. It's a brand new development.

:lol: :nina:

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:56 pm

How have crowd levels been on Fridays in June? Debating on going tomorrow. Every day in June has been BAFF and BAFHO so I suppose I don’t at all know what to expect. Tomorrow is the last BAFF day, however, with Saturday June 30th being just simply BAFHO.

What’s intriguing is that they posted in their newsletter this week that they will be early entry for passholders June 30 - July 4. I am imagining these days will all be worse than tomorrow after the early entry is up due to what I’m expecting will be the combination of an abundance of Season Passholders and people off work; sound about right? Seems like a trap to me.

Thoughts? Should I go tomorrow or should I gamble on one of the Early Entry days?

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:17 am

Tomorrow.
Edit- Today

The thing about working nights is that your today/tomorrow is different from everyone else.

I think the early entry will be a pretty big draw and it's around the holidays. Like you said, a lot of people will be off. You might get an influx of both pass holders and non pass holders at the same time.

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:39 am

prozach626 wrote:The thing about working nights is that your today/tomorrow is different from everyone else.

I have to catch myself when posting because of this all the time!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:25 am

I haven't heard anything about The Boss in a while. Is it still running OK?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:04 am

prozach626 wrote:I haven't heard anything about The Boss in a while. Is it still running OK?

I rode it for the first time in late May and was one of the worst wooden roller coasters I have ridden. The jack hammering at the bottom of some of the drops was worse then Hoosier Hurricane. I thought it was the worst ride in the park
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:31 am

The Boss is ridiculously rough but I still love it, which is weird because I've had much smoother woodies ruined for me by being "rough." I got off Boss with some pain in my hands from whiteknuckling but not much else. Thunderhead and Raven gave me some pretty gnarly headaches which dampened the experience quite a bit for me, but I came off of Boss laughing way too hard because of how insanely rough it was.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Coastercowboy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Rode The Boss about 3 weeks ago. Can't say I enjoyed it very much. It was really rough. My daughter who has never says anything about the roughness of coasters came off saying it was too painful for her to ride again. I can only imagine what the helix was like...I thought the layout was really good though. It could be a great coaster if it were smoother.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!