Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: ChrisGraslie, southpuddle and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:44 am

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:They had the food trucks last year during Mardi Gras event and I never really saw anyone eating at them.

They were very busy at FF, of course I was there one night, on a Saturday so I have no idea what the final bottom line was.

Postby teacherkim » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:55 am

RKO wrote:
teacherkim wrote:You know I was just talking to my son about the McDonalds a couple weeks ago. It was where Mooseburger is now for those that don't know. I was middle/high school age, but I just cannot remember how the pricing compared to a regular McDonalds. Surely, it had to be more but I have no memory of how much more. I can tell you that the Subway at Cedarpoint is 2-3 times more than a regular Subway.

Remember this was back when you could get a Big Mac meal outside of the park for about $3-4 but the price in the park was about $6-7.

Well, that was what I assumed, but I just couldn't remember.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:38 pm

From one St. Louis'an to other locals, here's a TR from Cedar Point Coaster Campout, if anyone is interested:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75409&p=1863143#p1863143

Postby teacherkim » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:23 pm

prozach626 wrote:From one St. Louis'an to other locals, here's a TR from Cedar Point Coaster Campout, if anyone is interested:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75409&p=1863143#p1863143

Prozach, I'm glad you enjoyed the event and congratulations on having MUCH better weather than we did on May 12 for the ACE event. Riding Valravn with little stinging rain pellets hitting you in the face and MF with the wind chill about 25 takes just a tad of the fun out of it :roll:

I totally hear you about nerd status. (that is meant with true love! My son is a total coaster nerd and I love him to death and let's face it nerds end up ruling the world) As "the Mom" at these events I just watch the participants and chuckle. But they are all digging what they love, my son is no exception and I do it for him. I still have 6 whole days of Coaster Con coming up in a couple weeks!

Sometime we have to meet for a drink at SFSTL.

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:42 am

^ I was there the night of May 12th and had similar experiences on MF and Valravn. You are correct in that it takes a lot of the fun of being at a theme park.

On the other side of the coin, our visit to SfStL days before was exceptional with temps in the low 80's and sunny - a great day!

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:13 pm

teacherkim wrote:
Sometime we have to meet for a drink at SFSTL.

For sure. Several of us on here need to meet up at JB's for a drink and Josh can stop by if he's working.

Postby thisdougsforu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:04 am

That was a great trip report you posted in the CP thread. Thanks for taking the time for the nice write-up.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Stagman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:34 pm

I was in Cincinnati this weekend for a music festival so I stopped by Kings Island. The park was super clean and kept up. It was a busy day but the lines didn’t take too long.

I made a rookie mistake and lost my keys on the Firehawk. Thankfully they were able to recover them after the park closed so I wasn’t stranded in Ohio LOL

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Danrarbc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:43 pm

Kings Island has always been my idea of what SFSL could be with a real budget. Similar natural setting and feel so it is a really nice place just to walk around in. A decent connection to its past with a good number of old rides and buildings still around. But way more money going in to new rides.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SteveStL » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 am

Danrarbc wrote:Kings Island has always been my idea of what SFSL could be with a real budget. Similar natural setting and feel so it is a really nice place just to walk around in. A decent connection to its past with a good number of old rides and buildings still around. But way more money going in to new rides.

Always nice to dream... thankfully Kings Island isn't too far away

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!