Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:45 pm

Alexander Nagel wrote:I will say the Gerstlauer train do suck and while the ride was still awesome that if it ride PTCs it would have easily ran the course a few seconds faster, not to mentin a more comfortable ride from the start.

Agreed! I actually think the ride (as well as all the other Six Flags CCI's that got Gerstlauers that year) really suffer from those trains. Not to say that I think Boss would have held up too much better given the state of many other CCI's lately, but I think the ride, at least in my mind, would have been "good" rather than "terrible" :lol:

--Robb "Everything else Gerstlauer makes seems to be decent EXCEPT for those trains!" Alvey

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Acrophobia takes riders to new heights in 2006 @ SFSTL

Postby St.LouisBOI » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:08 pm

I'm not too sure if alot of people knew this but SFSTL has been having alot of construction going on in the back of the park in the Old Chicago section. "Dungeon Drop" from Astroworld has been colored up with Blue, Green, and Orange and has been transformed into Acrophobia in the past month. It is half built already and is already towering at the largest spot of the park on the hill right in front of the exit to Screamin' Eagle.

The park is also adding a new kids section called "Looney Tunes National Park" right by the Old Chicago train station, Tom's Twister was demolished for the reason of the section. Screamin' Eagle is also being repainted this season with a fresh new white coat. This is going to be a great 2006 season for SFSTL....this park is going in the right way. Tune in to sfstl.net for details and pictures of the official announcement taking place 1/25/06. Thanks for your time! :)
Looks like SFSTL is getting one of those spinning coasters for next year.

who is really ACEr Joe!!! Oh, that's creepy

Postby Spookbaby » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:42 pm

THANK GOD.... I love drop rides... and after what a disspointment Xcaliber (ONE FREAKIN ROTATION!) was I cannot wait!

Postby St.LouisBOI » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:48 pm

Yeah, just think of the veiw at the very top looking over the whole park.

Here's a picture of the 4 sections up already....3 more + the top to go.
Tower1.JPG
Soon to be Acrophobia

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Eagle Rider » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:00 pm

I'm also very excited to find out that one of my all time favorite coasters, the Screamin' Eagle, is receiving a new paint job. This John Allen classic is worth the paint. Maybe SFSTL will light her up with the continuous blinking bulbs the way they used to.

Piers' latest smashpiece

Postby Joe Cool » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:15 pm

Sweet I'm really glad there repainting Eagle she was really looking bad. You no if Astroworld wasnt closing this year half the Six Flags parks wouldnt be getting anything exspecially SFSL. That hyper coaster will be built next year. rolls eyes :roll:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Acrophobia takes riders to new heights in 2006 @ SFSTL

Postby RRollergod » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:01 pm

St.LouisBOI wrote:The park is also adding a new kids section called "Looney Tunes National Park"

*cough*Looney Toons*cough*

Postby St.LouisBOI » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:36 pm

Yeah, I know I just realized that I spelt Looney Toons wrong. Haha, thanks for the correction! I also forgot to say that the Moon Antique Cars may possibly get an extended track layout that goes through the old Looney Toons Town over by the Log Flume. AS I said, more detail will be released Wed.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:42 pm

Actually it IS Looney Tunes.

Check any of the SF web pages:

FROM SFOT's:
LOONEY TUNES USA™
A whole world of fun for all the little ones! Exciting rides plus a new maze adventure for the tots. (must be under 54" tall to ride)

From Great Escape's:
Looney Tunes National Park

LOONEY TUNES National Park , our fantastic new children's area, featuring 10 new rides and attractions. Meeting Bugs Bunny, Tweety, and their Looney Tunes friends, plus enjoying all the new rides, will add up to a day of fabulous fun for our young thrill seekers.

Postby St.LouisBOI » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:43 pm

Yeah, I kinda felt that I spelt it right as the way that I've always spelt it. Thanks for the info!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!