Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby TNT » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:38 pm

parkjunkie wrote:I've only gotten the chance to see this rework a couple of times since it started. When it started at first, it looked as if it would dip harder out of the turn going to the new turnaround. By thinking that, I thought there was a chance we'd see a nice overbanked turn, much like on Hades 360... man, was I let down... They could have done so much better with this... but then again, I don't know why I expected more
The trains suck too badly to do much more then basic turns.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:17 am

Personally, I enjoyed the helix. But this does look nice and there may possibly be a little more airtime on the double up into the break run with this alteration.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby parkjunkie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 am

TNT wrote:
parkjunkie wrote:I've only gotten the chance to see this rework a couple of times since it started. When it started at first, it looked as if it would dip harder out of the turn going to the new turnaround. By thinking that, I thought there was a chance we'd see a nice overbanked turn, much like on Hades 360... man, was I let down... They could have done so much better with this... but then again, I don't know why I expected more
The trains suck too badly to do much more then basic turns.

Actually, an overbanked turn wold be less stressful on the trains. There wouldn't be lateral G's, still the same positive G's as when hitting the bottom of the hills from the drops

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 am

With all this Boss talk... I completely forgot about Typhoon Twister coming to the water park this year!! Not going to lie, it looks like a REALLY fun slide:

And I look forward to trying it out when we are there this summer!! . . . I just hope it doesn't have the god awful line that Tornado had. :?r
Bigger is not always better.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:27 am

Yeah, I’m so happy that my home park is getting that water slide too!

Speaking of which, I noticed they changed the colors on the Six Flags website. I personally like these colors more.
F6CBC756-2193-4094-BD8D-CBE46D6FBF70.jpeg
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Cypress Adventures

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:58 am

^ I do love those new colors!! :lover: It looks much better!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:30 am

Oh yeah, very nice colour scheme. I'm more excited about this slide than anything else other than I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool.
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:20 pm.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm

In reference to The Boss... Banked turn or over bank, I know I'm not alone when I say I'm glad the helix is gone. Without that last kick in the balls some of us might consider giving the ride a chance. Hopefully, they also did a decent amount of retracking.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:56 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:With all this Boss talk... I completely forgot about Typhoon Twister coming to the water park this year!! Not going to lie, it looks like a REALLY fun slide:

And I look forward to trying it out when we are there this summer!! . . . I just hope it doesn't have the god awful line that Tornado had. :?r

This ride literally gives you the sensation of being flushed down a toilet. We have the same two rides here at our HH in Arlington. But ours were built as two seperate rides while this appears to be a hybrid of the two. Our toilet bowl ride is also called Typhoon Twister, while the other one is known as Sunami Surge. I remember one time, after riding TT, I said to the life guard, " I'm feeling a little flushed". We laughed out loud.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Sportsdude360 wrote:This ride literally gives you the sensation of being flushed down a toilet. We have the same two rides here at our HH in Arlington. But ours were built as two seperate rides while this appears to be a hybrid of the two. Our toilet bowl ride is also called Typhoon Twister, while the other one is known as Sunami Surge. I remember one time, after riding TT, I said to the life guard, " I'm feeling a little flushed". We laughed out loud.

I think the body slide versions of the "toilet bowl" make you feel more like your being "flushed" :lol: But yeah, I get what you are saying! I'm excited to get the combination of both slides in one! I think it will make for a fun experience. Usually once the bowl slide is finished you are expecting the splash down into the pool... But now instead of the splash down you get another awesome slide experience!! Hopefully more of these combo slides catch on! :br

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!