Ferrari World Discussion Thread

P. 189 - Turbo Track POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed May 31, 2017 8:34 am

JordyC wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:Sent from my Macbook Pro using a keyboard and a optical mouse.

Guy T. Koepp wrote:Sent from the primary motor cortex in my brain via electrical impulses to the muscles in my hands

OMG, this is gold :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

I had a good laugh over this. Guy, you can't miss!

Send from a rounded rectangle probably made by little slave kids.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed May 31, 2017 8:46 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
JordyC wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:Sent from my Macbook Pro using a keyboard and a optical mouse.

Guy T. Koepp wrote:Sent from the primary motor cortex in my brain via electrical impulses to the muscles in my hands

OMG, this is gold :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

I had a good laugh over this. Guy, you can't miss!

Send from a rounded rectangle probably made by little slave kids.

Comedy! It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Sent from rows of text covered squares via rapid tapping of my phalanges

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm

This video from Bloomberg TV has an interesting sequence showing the side-drop element of the SFX.
I was wondering how the special track piece would get back to position after the drop, and I'd guessed that there would be some kind of winch... Nada, it's actually launched back in place. :omg:
Jump at 1:36 in the video.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Ferrari World SFX Coaster Construction

Postby BabyJia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:23 am

Gutterflower wrote:Dynamic Attractions teased their SFX coaster concept at this years IAAPA showing off an insane mix of media, coaster sections and surprise elements. They also announced the worlds first installation will be heading to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi in 2015.

Little is known about the ride specifics but I found out the ride has begun shipping to Abu Dhabi from a manufacturing facility in China (the same company that build Dinoconda and the Intamin U Shaped Coaster) and the track looks like nothing you’ve seen before. Looking like a triangular version of B&M box track it is massive.

The layout can also be seen below and although it’s not 100% clear what each element is there are clearly at least 2 inversions and 2 trick track sections to look forwards to. Each of the 6 trains will hold 9 passengers. The ride will use linear synchronous motors for a maximum speed of 45 mph. There will be five separate launch sections while the indoor section will contain two large-screen 3D movie sections.

Source

Could you please tell me the name of that manufacturing facility in China you have mentioned?Thanks a lot!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Ferrari World SFX Coaster Construction

Postby BabyJia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:23 am

Gutterflower wrote:Dynamic Attractions teased their SFX coaster concept at this years IAAPA showing off an insane mix of media, coaster sections and surprise elements. They also announced the worlds first installation will be heading to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi in 2015.

Little is known about the ride specifics but I found out the ride has begun shipping to Abu Dhabi from a manufacturing facility in China (the same company that build Dinoconda and the Intamin U Shaped Coaster) and the track looks like nothing you’ve seen before. Looking like a triangular version of B&M box track it is massive.

The layout can also be seen below and although it’s not 100% clear what each element is there are clearly at least 2 inversions and 2 trick track sections to look forwards to. Each of the 6 trains will hold 9 passengers. The ride will use linear synchronous motors for a maximum speed of 45 mph. There will be five separate launch sections while the indoor section will contain two large-screen 3D movie sections.

Source

Could you please tell me the name of that manufacturing facility in China you have mentioned?Thanks a lot!

Postby KingRCT3 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Wow, that's a pretty interesting track and ride!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:37 pm

I got nothing but Chineese symbols. Even after I ran a translation. :?r

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:03 am

Guy T. Koepp wrote:I got nothing but Chineese symbols. Even after I ran a translation. :?r

Same.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Postby KingRCT3 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:48 am

The website looks down, the sentence in bold translates to : "Access error! The website you are visiting does not exist or has been closed!".

Remains their page on Empire Industries website: Dongguan Qiguang Dynamic Steel Structure

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!