Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 119: New & returning offerings for 2019 announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Postby Wes » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:59 pm

Same layout, slightly modified theme, new effects.

Sucks that both of me can't be Florida's Version!

Location: Elbridge, NY (I know, you've never heard of it before...)

Postby vertgforces » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:27 am

CoasterCanada wrote:Well, Its about time they closed down the old Space Mountain ride. That ride was so old and falling apart. I remember going on that scary ride when I was 10 years old and getting hert on that crazy ride of death. :twisted: Im so glad there going to have a new safe Space Mountain. 8)

i'm not sure u realiz this, but this is the space mtn. in france

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:49 pm

TIESTO AT DISNEY, APRIL 16!
On April 9th Disneyland Resort Paris launches Space Mountain Mission 2. This new mission sends exploronauts to the farthest reaches of space, to go where no one has ever gone before and to discover the mysteries at the edge of the universe…

On April 16th the Best DJ of the World, Tiësto, will also go where no other DJ has ever gone before… the heart of Disneyland Resort Paris! In this magical environment, Tiësto will make a unique combination between the Magic of Disney and his own Magik music during a 3 hour special Space Mountain Mission 2 show!

As a pre-show, DJ Bob Sinclar will warm up the fans from all over Europe with his magical performance on the Magik Stage just in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.

Here is the link: http://www.tiestoatdisney.com

--Soeren
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Postby Hattuchili » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:33 pm

It is a never ending story - but the opening date of Space Mountain: Mission 2 has been changed all over again. The first day of operation for all park guests is now, once again, Saturday April 9 - as originally planned. This saves the resort the work and cost to change all the promotional material. The poster on the construction fence on-site which had been changed to April 6 even prior to the official decision last week to move the date forward had been changed back by last weekend already.

--Soeren
SM-M2.JPG
opening date Saturday April 9

Postby Hattuchili » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:55 pm

Found at DLP.info.

So the public opening for Space Mountain: Mission 2 is back to where it originally was April 9 - but what to do if you are in the resort in the days prior to this all important date? Well, according to the information communicated to the relevant departments internally Space Mountain will start soft opening operations Friday April 1st - no April-joke! Unfortunately we are not talking about all out public soft openings. Instead as of this date the ride is available for special utilization e.g. Castmember-Previews, a preview for travel-agents, invited guests, the press & VIP event - or a preview for shareholders and / or annual passport holders that has been rumored on the DLP.info-Forum but is not confirmed. Special "events" for selected groups will take place most propably daily till April 8. BUT according to usually well informed sources Imagineering and the management responsible for operations of the ride plan to ask normal park guests to take a ride too at least during the first weekend of the soft opening. As of now normal guests will not be allowed on the ride unrestricted. Instead expect castmembers in the area around the attraction to approach a few guests and ask them whether they want to ride SM:M2. Remember: this information is not confirmed and plans may be changed on short notice, but if you happen to be in the resort during the soft opening phase, it might be a good idea to hang out around the attraction a bit ;-)

--Soeren

Postby Hattuchili » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:03 pm

-> Found on www.dlrpfans.be ; a new Space Mountain-Mission2 tv-spot: http://users.pandora.be/dlpfans/sm2.wmv

--Soeren

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:37 pm

I've been a Tiesto fan for years! But, I can't see Tiesto appealing to a Disney crowd. Maybe people in Paris have a more eclectric taste in music??

They totally should put a trance sountrack on SM2. That would make it a beautiful ride - unless of course, the "new" SM2 beats the sh*t outta your head like the old one reportedly did.

-kip-
(they should have brought in Ferry Corsten too)

Postby Hattuchili » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:53 am

I found this incredible site: www.spacemountain2.com

Enjoy it. :wink:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Betamacx » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:19 pm

Let's get a few misunderstandings out of the way... The Tiësto-show won't be at daytime. Tiësto will make his appearance at night, when Disneyland's normal operating day is long over. You also need to buy a special ticket for this event. So, no regular parkguests will be 'harmed' by this show :). I, on the other hand, have made my reservations for a cool weekend at Disneyland Resort Paris! :D

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tricktracker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:01 pm

The website isn't the style I expected. They used far too happy looking actors and the whole Jules Verne thing is lost. Anyway, the concept arts still look better than that damn website, and the soundtrack music is just so amazing! Let's hope that they'll put it on a special SMM2 album together with the Tiesto remix :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!