Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 124: Avengers Campus expansion details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 02, 2019 5:38 pm

^^ It looks wonderful. And we've been on the original version on several visits, too.
This looks so much fresher, and (ahem) ALIVE, in my opinion, from what I see + hear, here.

Looking forward to visiting The Manor again....in 2022, we hope. :mickey:
IMG_9572.JPG
My last shot of The Manor, inside the "Entry Parlor," looking up at.....? (Sept.24-2015).
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby dominoes » Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 am

^Wow it's great to know i'm not the only one who couldn't make out what was in the rafters before the refurb. Thank god I knew what it was meant to be before hand cause otherwise I wouldn't have noticed anything...

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 03, 2019 11:23 am

^ That was the same with myself. I knew what was supposed to be "up there."
But it was a wee bit too dark to actually see it for myself. But I took the photo, anyway.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Mon May 06, 2019 10:41 am

How busy is DLP on a Monday or Tuesday the first week of June. That's my window the 3rd or 4th of June. Is both parks possible in a day with or without the new fast pass tickets?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 06, 2019 12:39 pm

I can't speak to that date specifically, but I have some feedback from my visit 1.5 weeks ago.

Assuming you're there opening to close, I think you can do all major e-tickets in a day. If you go with the highest tier paid Fastpass, you will have no issue doing this and can get rerides on everything. I tried it on my first day and it was fantastic for a first time visitor. On my subsequent days, I just used the single rider lines and free Fastpasses. I think I could have ridden all major rides in a single day with this approach provided you do the following:

Single Rider Lines
- You can walk onto Hyperspace Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Ratatouille using these.
- The single rider line for RC Racer is a crapshoot. I saw it range from a walk-on to an hour.
- Crush's Coaster's single rider line was upwards of 60 minutes (not much better than the regular queue).

Fastpass Plan
- The Walt Disney Studios and Disneyland Paris Fastpass networks are not connected. This means that you can immediately get a Fastpass for the second park after you get one for the first. This strategy requires a bit of extra walking, but some people prefer this to standing in queue lines.

- Big Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan will run out of Fastpasses the quickest. Peter Pan was usually out by mid-afternoon and Big Thunder Mountain followed shortly.

Touring Plan for the Non-Fastpass Rides
- The Fantasyland rides close 1-2 hours before park closing to accommodate the fireworks. Outside of Peter Pan, most of these dark rides will have waits less than 5-10 minutes the first hour of the day. The lines do lighten up near closing, but you risk finding the ride closed. Snow White, Peter Pan, and Pinocchio are near clones of the California and Japan ones if you've ridden them already.

- The Studios cleared out significantly the last hour of the day. Most rides were under 15 minutes the last hour of the day. The exception was Crush's Coaster which still had a full queue. If you weren't lucky with RC Racer's single rider line, near closing is the best time to hit it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 am

I'm seeing online that they have removed the 3D glasses from Ratatouille and converted the ride to 2D. Not sure if this is permanent or a temporary test.

Considering the ride was running with 3D just a few weeks ago for my visit and Disney didn't take it down for rehab, I have to applaud them for seemingly rolling this change in overnight.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am

^ And I wonder if this will also be related to EPCOT's Ratatouille attraction,
when it opens? Maybe they'll experiment not using the 3D glasses there, too.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 am

Mickey and Minnie's Magical Railway is 2D as well so maybe something came out of the development of that ride?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 am

^ That's what I thought of, and was going to add. This new "2+1/2D" tech that they've developed for M&MsRR, could be applied to other dark rides, that use screens, if it all works out.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby dominoes » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm

I hope it's that 2+1D because I cannot imagine that ride in 2D, it's already hard enough to get immersed in 3D...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!