Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:27 am

Anyone remember when there was a nightclub in the village? I don't know what I was expecting, I think I pictured a Disney decorated night-club playing disco versions of Disney songs but I remember it being really generic, quite expensive for drinks and entrance and it had barely any people who went there.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:45 am

Hey there, I'm planning to do a trip to Disneyland in April (a week before Easter) and I want to decide exactly when to go. Technically I could go on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I know Saturday would be the worst in terms of crowds but, for other reasons, it would be the most convenient for me. So my question is, for those who visit the park more or less often, how bad is it? Is it "impossible" or just a bit worse than a Friday (for example)?

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:06 am

rcjp wrote:So my question is, for those who visit the park more or less often, how bad is it? Is it "impossible" or just a bit worse than a Friday (for example)?

You should also keep in mind, that at this time (11th/12th/13th of April?), easter holidays have already started in some parts of france, great britain and other countries. So the chance to get an empty park ist pretty low. It is more about which day is worse - and accroding to this and the fact, that you seem to have just one day for both parks, I would try to make it on one of the two weekdays. For me, DLRP is one of the most awful parks when it gets too crowded.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:28 am

^Hmm ok, thanks for the advice.
I'm thinking of buying their skip the line pass (whatever they call it) even though it's pretty expensive but that probably isn't enough if the park if awfully crowded as it only includes a few attractions.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:41 pm

False alarm but seems like some went into a panic....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-disneyland-paris-incident-theme-14178083

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:00 pm

^ I can't see it, without joining something. And I didn't want to join.
So, could you (or somebody else?) post a reader's digest version of what happened?

Many thanks. :mickey:

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:15 pm

^ A faulty escalator made a loud noise which people confused for gunshots or an explosion.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:21 pm

^ Cool, thanks. Hope nobody got hurt or injured, from the "stampede" reaction of the crowd.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:07 pm

Just read in other Disney sites today, it was announced that Phantom Manor, after going through an extensive maintenance and refurbishing schedule, will be re-opening on May 3rd.

EDIT: Original date wrong. Now corrected. :mickey:
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:22 pm.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 pm

^Isn't is opening Friday the 3th of May?

Anyway, I am excited to finally get back on it!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS