Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 124: Avengers Campus expansion details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby linearinduction » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 pm

tinaalsgirl wrote:I'm so glad they're keeping Pirates & Princesses! I've watched the show several times on Youtube and faved a bunch of pictures on Flickr. I'm just absolutely in love with the new costumes for the princesses and the really catchy music. Hopefully they'll keep it going after next year, 'cause I'd love to go see it in person someday!
Being that Mark Huffman is behind it, I'm not surprised. Really miss his and Christy's work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Dombot wrote:176 USD? That's absolutely insane. I'm sure some people will pay for it, but for now I'm waiting for the day that all Disney parks get MagicBands. :mickey:

I am pretty sure that not "all (the rest of the) Disney parks" will get Magic Bands. Disney Paris deals with people from all over Europe and beyond, so I couldn't imagine the # of language translations they'd have to create on one list, to explain it all. The number of maps I have seen there in many, many languages is something to see on the map racks. The parks in Asia are mostly for the locals (except for some of us lucky out-of-country peeps who get to visit), and I don't think they're going to get MBs any time soon.

It's an American (needed) thing, and it'll probably stay with the two U.S. park resorts.

Just my opinion, but with Disney, anything can be possible. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:51 pm

It's been recently announced that both the Armageddon attraction and the Art of Animation attraction will both be closing permanently next year.

For Armageddon, I'm pretty sure (from reports) it's to be redone as part of the new Marvel Land in the Studios. Maybe even the Spiderman "attraction" going into DCA, is going to be possibly cloned for that specific area.

But does any body have any info. on what's happening to/with the Art of Animation bldg? It's still being shown in the expansion concept art of the Studios. But that doesn't mean it's still going to be there, etc.

So.... anybody heard/read anything about this attraction's closing and why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mickey:

Art of Disney Animation - Closing Forever Jan. 7, 2019
Armageddon - Closing Forever April 1, 2019
ProductionCourtyard.png
I also wonder if any of the Production Courtyard
is to be changed into Marvel Land attractions, etc?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:33 pm

The rumor mill has spewed forth another EXPANSION idea, to the Studios,
once the first phase is finished and running (Marvel; Frozen; Star Wars)...

Now they're suggesting that the new ZOOTOPIA being planned for Shanghai DL
could be a contender clone for WDS as well as "the above." Besides CARSLAND
and PANDORA already suggested as Phase 2 expansion lands.

Possible I guess. :mickey:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:40 am

So I have finally been to Disneyland Paris and I wanted to share my opinions.

I stayed on-site at Newport Bay and thought the Hotel was beautiful, also very friendly staff!

Walt Disney Studio’s definately need more attractions, but this is coming so no worries there. What they have now is good, especially Tower of terror, loved it! Rock’n rollercoaster was good and a lot smoother than I expected it to be, did not bang my head once!

These past months I have been fortunate enough to visit both Disneyland Shanghai and Hong Kong because of work. They have some really awesome rides however Disneyland Parc in Paris ended up beeing my favourite park overall.

I think all the rides they have range from good to great, from the supercreepy snow white, to Peter Pan, really good Pirates of the caribbean and the fantastic and FAST Big Thunder mountain.

But my favorite ride was Hyperspace Mountain. I love the look of the mountain itself as well as the queue and station, the new trains are comfortable and makes what I assume was a rather rough and painful ride into an awesome and intense coaster with a very interesting layout! However I hope that when the Star Wars overlay is over that they return to the original theme as i could see that fitting better than Mission 2 :)

Overall I loved the resort and can’t wait to go back :D

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:53 am

^ Did you have any nice meals while you were there? Or not-that-nice? I know there used to be a seafood buffet available at the Newport Bay Hotel, and I am hoping to try it when we eventually get back there. And we loved Remi's Bistro, on our last visit to DLPR, so that will probably be a repeat visit, too.

Or any great snacks you discovered? :mickey:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am

^ Yes, went to Silver spur steakhouse, it was great! And Five guys in the Village was also good :D The chocolate covered meriungue from the boardwalk candy palace was really good ;)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 pm

^ Great! Never tried the Silver Spur, and Five Guys wasn't built yet, when we were last there (2015).
Both worth looking into, when we return in a few years from now. :smile:
fiveguysDLPR.jpg
I did get Five Guys' location figured out, once it opened. (o; Thanks Disney and DLPToday.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:59 am

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:But my favorite ride was Hyperspace Mountain. I love the look of the mountain itself as well as the queue and station, the new trains are comfortable and makes what I assume was a rather rough and painful ride into an awesome and intense coaster with a very interesting layout! However I hope that when the Star Wars overlay is over that they return to the original theme as i could see that fitting better than Mission 2 :)

Yeah I absolutely loved Hyperspace Mountain when I rode it in 2017, such an awesome ride! These new trains do wonders for what was previously uncomfortable rides. I have been to WDW and DLP, and Hyperspace Mountain is currently my favorite Disney-coaster! =)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:43 am

Pirates & Princesses has started up again, and this year Ariel gets to wear her full dress! I'm so excited. It's SO beautiful, and I like that she's not stuck in a car while all the other princesses get to be up front dancing. They had Ariel in her dress last year at the preview night, but she was stuck in her fins during the actual shows. I'm so glad her beautiful dress gets to see the light of day; it is so, SO gorgeous.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!