Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby conman1310 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Just checked the sixflags site under rides AQUAMAN is not listed

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Sportsdude360 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:36 pm

bert425 wrote:
Sportsdude360 wrote:They removed Power Surge at SFFT to make way for WWGLC. My guess is the same thing is happening here. Although, I'm not sure an RMC Raptor would be considered a "large footprint" ride.

HUGE difference tho, in that SFFT has an attached/included water park.

so losing one of the THREE water rides on the dry side of Fiesta for a new coaster? yeah, that was a fantastic trade off.

with Hurricane Harbor across the freeway? simply cannot see SFOT removing Aquaman from that spot, directly across from justice League.

guess we will see.

Aquaman no longer appears on the SFOT website, plus it was confirmed that SFOG is removing theirs. That plus all the surveying going on is a pretty good indication the ride is already out of operation.
Last edited by Sportsdude360 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:40 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby conman1310 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:39 pm

I hope we get a Wonder Woman Whip like at Fiesta

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Sportsdude360 wrote:
bert425 wrote:
Sportsdude360 wrote:They removed Power Surge at SFFT to make way for WWGLC. My guess is the same thing is happening here. Although, I'm not sure an RMC Raptor would be considered a "large footprint" ride.

so losing one of the THREE water rides on the dry side of Fiesta for a new coaster? yeah, that was a fantastic trade off.

with Hurricane Harbor across the freeway? simply cannot see SFOT removing Aquaman from that spot, directly across from justice League.

guess we will see.

Aquaman no longer appears on the SFOT website, plus it was confirmed that SFOG is removing theirs. That plus all the surveying going on is a pretty good indication the ride is already out of operation.

very surprised.. . guess we'll find out what it's gonna be.. . . could be a new coaster, but would it open in 2020? seems odd to take something out of commission right at start of 2019 season, if they don't have any replacement for it.

I see Riddler *and* Joker both show as "temporarily closed" on the ride list too.. something going on in the Gotham area?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby southpuddle » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:50 pm

conman1310 wrote:I hope we get a Wonder Woman Whip like at Fiesta

Or if you want to ride WW, drive the four hours to SFFT, and hope that SFOT gets something unique?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby conman1310 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:57 pm

what like a Larson loop ???????? :wtf:

Postby Sportsdude360 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:46 pm

bert425 wrote:
Sportsdude360 wrote:
bert425 wrote:

guess we will see.

very surprised.. . guess we'll find out what it's gonna be.. . . could be a new coaster, but would it open in 2020? seems odd to take something out of commission right at start of 2019 season, if they don't have any replacement for it.

I see Riddler *and* Joker both show as "temporarily closed" on the ride list too.. something going on in the Gotham area?

Nothing I'm aware of.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Lotologist492 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Kw6sTheatee wrote:
Sportsdude360 wrote:^The rumor mill is definitely swirling right now. They key thing to watch for is some sort of announcement from the park about this being Aquaman's final season ect.

Over Georgia is removing their Shoot the Chutes. It was confirmed at ACE Winter Warm-Up that it “would not be returning this season.”

At least SFoG has an attached (included) Hurricane Harbor water park. It is a very small water park but anyone can get drenched (in street clothes if desired) without waiting.

One feature Over Texas does have though to deal with triple digit heat are water sprinklers around the park, most notably the huge one next to Mr. Freeze. Stand there for 30 seconds and you will be absolutely drenched...

One caveat for Aquaman is that it creates issues for Justice League riders in that you will not be allowed to ride if you are wet. And since it is across the walkway, Aquaman riders get turned away quickly. Oddly enough, Over Georgia does not enforce such a rule even though their JL ride is steps away from the Hurricane Harbor exit.

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Over Texas Thrills is reporting on Aquaman removal and potential replacement ride!

https://www.overtexasthrills.com/park-news/is-the-aquaman-splashdown-being-removed-why-its-possible-and-whats-next

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Timh121 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 am

Screamscape now says that Aquaman might reopen and that they have 3 boats in some maintenance building waiting to be used so take that as you will.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!