Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:30 am

I'm normally the first one to dance on the grave of a splash boat but I kind of hate that idea. We were there in June and the park was hotter than the surface of the sun (all 10 days in the 10 day forecast were triple digits) and the ride had a packed queue all day long.

We still didn't ride Auquaman because I mean... f*ck those things, but the queue was full almost all day. I wouldn't be shocked if the line topped an hour.

They don't have an attached water park and El Aserradero is right around Coal Cracker and Frozen Ever After on the list of rides where the "You may get wet" warning sign exists purely for decoration or as a practical joke. Assuming they don't replace it with a drenching water ride and replace it with something that's much cheaper to operate and easier to maintain (which I mean... probably) this would leave a park that sees triple digits (or close to it) almost all summer long with one ride that actually gets people wet.

That sounds terrible :lol:

That said... it's Screamscape.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:36 am

How wet does Roaring Rapids get people? I skipped it on my visit (when it was also triple digits) but it had a super long queue.

This would certainly be a rapids ride that should have an unavoidable waterfall.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventureland (Iowa) & Arnolds Park

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 am

^^ I'm glad we went to Texas the week before Christmas. We had daily highs in the mid to upper 60s all week. I can't imagine waiting in lines in triple digit heat.
Parks: 20 | Coasters: 137 | Wood: 36 | Steel: 99 | Fiberglass: 2

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Sportsdude360 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:32 am

They removed Power Surge at SFFT to make way for WWGLC. My guess is the same thing is happening here. Although, I'm not sure an RMC Raptor would be considered a "large footprint" ride.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:33 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:They removed Power Surge at SFFT to make way for WWGLC. My guess is the same thing is happening here. Although, I'm not sure an RMC Raptor would be considered a "large footprint" ride.

Exactly! Please add some water effects though because it’s Texas.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:They removed Power Surge at SFFT to make way for WWGLC. My guess is the same thing is happening here. Although, I'm not sure an RMC Raptor would be considered a "large footprint" ride.

HUGE difference tho, in that SFFT has an attached/included water park.

so losing one of the THREE water rides on the dry side of Fiesta for a new coaster? yeah, that was a fantastic trade off.

with Hurricane Harbor across the freeway? simply cannot see SFOT removing Aquaman from that spot, directly across from justice League.

guess we will see.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Sportsdude360 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:10 am

^The rumor mill is definitely swirling right now. They key thing to watch for is some sort of announcement from the park about this being Aquaman's final season ect.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:12 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:^The rumor mill is definitely swirling right now. They key thing to watch for is some sort of announcement from the park about this being Aquaman's final season ect.

Over Georgia is removing their Shoot the Chutes. It was confirmed at ACE Winter Warm-Up that it “would not be returning this season.”
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Postby Sportsdude360 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:38 pm

There's definitely something going on! These photos were taken by Sam Delmar, otherwise known as Savage Mister. They show what looks like surveying going on near Aquaman!
FB_IMG_1552431333490.jpg
FB_IMG_1552431345080.jpg
Last edited by Sportsdude360 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:57 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby conman1310 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:30 pm

I was there two weeks ago and there was "construction" going on at the loading dock now thinking back they could have been easily removing stuff

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!