Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 1009 - Aquaman Water Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue May 29, 2018 5:18 pm

So TPR posted this video of Cyborg Spin. and given that it's the same ride coming to SFOT... I thought it'd be worth the share in this thread.

Also, after watching the video there's no way I will ever be riding one of these. The video itself makes me nauseous. :cry:
Bigger is not always better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dsjim11 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:40 pm

I wonder if Harley will have the LED light package like Cyborg Spin? From the photos posted of Harley, I didn't see any kind of light package on it.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue May 29, 2018 6:46 pm

dsjim11 wrote:I wonder if Harley will have the LED light package like Cyborg Spin? From the photos posted of Harley, I didn't see any kind of light package on it.

I think it will have a lighting package...

hq.jpg

But I could be wrong. Those might not be lights...
Bigger is not always better.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Just looked at the web site for SFOT and they said NEw Texas Giant is closed? Is this the case. Looking at a possible trip in late June, but may change to Six Flags Over Geogria as it seems a lot of rides are down at SFOT. To me Joker makes sense because of how close it is to the new ride, but curious on what is up with New Texas Giant or if the website is just plain wrong.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 pm

Being listed as temporarily closed could only mean a couple of days though. I know SFOG has posted that in the past and the ride has only been down for like three or four days.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TexasParkman » Wed May 30, 2018 8:00 am

I was at the park on Saturday- both NTAG and Joker were operating normally. In fact, even Caddo River Barge was operating...

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:27 am

dsjim11 wrote:I wonder if Harley will have the LED light package like Cyborg Spin? From the photos posted of Harley, I didn't see any kind of light package on it.

Yes, Harley will have the same lighting package as Cyborg.

Postby coasterbill » Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 am

Bummer about New Texas Giant. We have a first-ever trip planned next week and probably won't have a chance to go back for a long time. Hopefully they get it open soon.

As for Joker, the app says that it's open and it's been posting wait times all week. That's odd.

Edit:
1030913A-9C68-4CDA-8973-9D5FF1436257.jpeg
Woohoo!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Wed May 30, 2018 7:42 pm

coasterbill wrote:Bummer about New Texas Giant. We have a first-ever trip planned next week and probably won't have a chance to go back for a long time. Hopefully they get it open soon.

As for Joker, the app says that it's open and it's been posting wait times all week. That's odd.

Edit:

I'm pretty sure whatever closure was being reported was just bad timing on someone's part. Temporary stuff.

Hope you enjoy your time there! Hopefully ShockWave isn't running the way it was during the VR deal - every drop felt hella neutered except the first one
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 31, 2018 6:43 am

Thanks!

Any advice for this park by the way? I'm sort of planning on heading to New Texas Giant at rope drop because (while it may not be the best plan of attack), it's really the reason we're there and if we miss anything else the world won't end. What other rides should we try to hit early? La Vibora, Pandemonium and Joker I assume?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!