Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 1036 - Reservation System Now Live!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby 1badgmc » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:30 am

bert425 wrote:
ah. . yeah.

used to also house the Batman stunt show too (many years ago), if I'm not mistaken.

No. From that image of the top of Giant, the Batman Stunt Show theater was located off the image to the right of the Oil Derrick.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:35 am

1badgmc wrote:
bert425 wrote:
ah. . yeah.

used to also house the Batman stunt show too (many years ago), if I'm not mistaken.

No. From that image of the top of Giant, the Batman Stunt Show theater was located off the image to the right of the Oil Derrick.

isn't to the right where Superman Tower is? (and before converting to Superman, was Air Race).

I don't recall there being a stadium there.. . but I'm getting old, so who knows if my memory is going :p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:07 am

bert425 wrote:
1badgmc wrote:
bert425 wrote:
ah. . yeah.

isn't to the right where Superman Tower is? (and before converting to Superman, was Air Race).

I don't recall there being a stadium there.. . but I'm getting old, so who knows if my memory is going :p

There is a stadium area for concerts (1 on the map below) that you can see from NTAG. The other stage nearby was used for the batman stunt show. Now it's used for haunted houses which is the building with the label Tower section on it.
IMG_0717.PNG

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:19 pm

^ there ya go. . . LOL. .so the answer is I'm old :p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mmkaycomputer » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Question for those who frequent SFOT. How busy does Holiday in the Park get on Friday nights and Saturdays a week before Christmas? Is Flash Pass a must, especially on those 5-10pm nights?

I'm guessing school is finished for the year on Dec. 16, so I'm nervous. I'd like to avoid having to spring for a Platinum Pass, which I read is required for NTAG and Shockwave if we wanted expedited lines. We won't be trying to ride every coaster, though we will likely ONLY be riding coasters. Thanks for your help.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby bigboy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:29 pm

Most schools are getting out that Friday, but a handful are going for a few days into the next week (I think Dallas is one of them). The weekend and week leading up to Christmas have been pretty busy in recent years. I wouldn't worry about needing a Flash Pass on Saturday. Ten hours is a pretty long day and I would be surprised if you couldn't get on all of the coasters. Five hours on Friday might be a challenge, especially if the weather is nice.

Agonizing, I drank too much CP Kool Aid

Postby cedarpointfangirl » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:27 am

Just curious...what reason is it that they will not let you ride in the back seat alone? This was on NTAG. My wife was a bit sick so she skipped NTAG when we were there Friday, she skipped over train to wait for me. They pulled someone out of the seat in front of me and put him with me.
I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing.
Darth Vader

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby aeyrolet » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:49 am

cedarpointfangirl wrote:Just curious...what reason is it that they will not let you ride in the back seat alone? This was on NTAG. My wife was a bit sick so she skipped NTAG when we were there Friday, she skipped over train to wait for me. They pulled someone out of the seat in front of me and put him with me.

The park has put into place a requirement that two people must be placed in the back of the coaster in case of an incident. With two people in the back, they will have two sets of eyes.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:34 am

^ Seems like a great policy. That way if there is another accident Six Flags forced 2 people to see it, who will be both traumatized for life, instead of just one.
Bigger is not always better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CúChulainnCoaster » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 am

First Post!

I will be visiting SFOT the day after thanksgiving. I have read that it is normal for this time of the year that a few coasters be closed for routine maintenance. Is it usually the same coasters every year and if so what coasters or can it be any coasters?
Coasters Ridden: 90
Top 3 Steel: #1 Expedition GeForce, #2 X2, #3 Shambhala
Top 3 Wood: #1 El Toro, #2 Wodan, #3 Twisted Colossus

Parks visited: 21
Top 3 Parks: #1 Europa Park, #2 Disneyland, #3 Animal Kingdom
Home Park: Tayto Park

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!