TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Silverwood, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 6th, 2005 - Silverwood to get a Larson ARM Drop Tower SEE BELOW!

August 10th, 2006 - Silverwood Marketing Director hints at acquiring a "hanging coaster"

January 23rd, 2008 - Deja Vu from SFGAm coming to Silverwood

July 22nd, 2008 - Aftershock (former Deja Vu) Opens

March 11th, 2011 - New waterpark slide and two kiddie rides for 2011

December 19th, 2012 - Park teases new, 2nd tallest attraction for 2013!

January 8th, 2013 - Park teases skyline-changing addition for 2013 season

March 11th, 2013 - Giant Frisbee named "SpinCycle"

October 20th, 2013 - Scarywood troubles include lawsuit & punched actor

January 29th, 2014 - new rides announced for 2014. Spinning coaster plus 3 family/kiddie rides

ORIGINAL POST

Ok, I just found out Silverwood is getting a Larson Drop tower. I think a Larson drop tower slowly pulls you up but when it reaches to top, it does not wait. It quickly drops you! This should be a nice addition to this great park!

Edited by SharkTums

Ok, so it may not be the best drop tower

I think it might be..... The ARM Supershot tower I rode at IAAPA in 03 is still by far the best drop tower I have been on (not counting TOT because thats 'different') So to me the ARM tower IS the best tower you can get.. And it has a hell of a lot more airtime then any S&S turbodrop would...

I have the record for most times on Drop Zone at Western Playland! 31 times!!! They have record books at Western Playland!!!*

I have the record for the most Acrophobia rides on one day at SFoG. 78 was too much. My crotch hurt so bad!

I love Silverwood, but I think it's pretty lame that they neglect the theme park side since 1999(tremors) and we wait 7 years for a measly drop tower.

yeah, I mean seriously, bring on the gravity group!

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:32 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pgathriller wrote:

I have the record for most times on Drop Zone at Western Playland! 31 times!!! They have record books at Western Playland!!!*

I have the record for the most Acrophobia rides on one day at SFoG. 78 was too much. My crotch hurt so bad!

I rode it 31 times in a day. I think for the whole season I must have rode it more than 300 times!

• 9 months later...

Considering the park only has one train each on it's woodies it's not like they'd be looking at a B&M "hanging coaster" but most likely something much less expensive which is probably not good. They talk about wanting more rides the family can ride so is a hanging coaster the right choice? Maybe if it is a family hanging coaster like a Vekoma (although those are now rough with the new restraints). How about a Wild Mouse?

The waterpark caused a boom at that park so keeping that going is probably important for them. As far as the ride park goes I'd rather see an additional train on Tremors and possibly Timber Terror. Then expand the walkways and work on infrastructure to handle the larger crowds on weekends. They need to handle the existing crowds better before trying to expand too much.

We haven't been there since the waterpark was added but it looks like fun! I would certainly like to see them get a steel coaster. A fun spinning ride like Chessington's Dragons Fury would fit PERFECTLY there, IMO.

--Robb

Something about Silverwood just makes me happy. Probably just the fact that everything's going so well for them and they're still a "pure" amusement park, sort of lost in a time warp.

I do agree, they need to expand their capacity before taking any huge leaps ahead. Those walkways can be bottlenecks when people are standing around watching the drop tower.

They really should introduce a couple "softer" flats to Coaster Alley. Wave Swinger, Sea Dragon, Troika, Condor, Falling Star, Scrambler, Polyp, Magic, tea cups, Disk'o, any of those would do well.

They really should introduce a couple "softer" flats to Coaster Alley. Wave Swinger, Sea Dragon, Troika, Condor, Falling Star, Scrambler, Polyp, Magic, tea cups, Disk'o, any of those would do well.

I thought it was interesting to hear they got a "new" Sky Diver. Is it really new? Where the hell did they get a new one of those?!?!

--Robb

Although that might just be because it takes forEVER to load the stupid thing. Really, they should just rework it so it loads like the Enterprise and then lifts up. And make the cars a bit bigger. It's a real moneymaker of a ride, and it's a lot of fun. There's nothing like going straight down and then spinning the wheel.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Skydiver when I rode it there. Silverwood is a really nice park with 2 really nice wood coasters and other typical rides. When I saw "hanging coaster" I totally thought SLC, as there is no competition out there, so why bother trying to lure people in with a more expensive B&M. Of course, it seems like they're going to stick with the waterpark for a few more seasons, as that's a big draw.

^ Yep. The water park is where I see them focusing there attention for a few more years. It is a very nice park and has helped ease the crowds on the ride section of the park.

I think Derek is right on with the new coaster also. Any type of "hanging coaster" would be huge when it comes to marketing. The entire Pacific Northwest has nothing when it comes to a coaster like that. As far as drawing people in, they would be just as successful with a standard SLC as they would with a custom B&M invert or flyer.

I visit the park at least once a year and I see no issues with having to expand the walkways. Another PTC for the 2 woodies would be great though. I personally would rather see them go the Holiday World/Mt Olympus route and put in a GG woodie (or even a GCI). I would WAY rather see another great woodie than a mediocre steel coaster, although obviously, a steel coaster would be a bigger draw in this area.

Bottom line, I think Silverwood is steadily improving each year. It can't be more that a few years before we see another coaster. It is by far the best park in the entire Pacific Northwest and I am glad it is in good hands.

I thought it was interesting to hear they got a "new" Sky Diver. Is it really new? Where the hell did they get a new one of those?!?!

--Robb

It looks pretty new, I thought I had a pic but no dice.

There isn't much room for another rollercoaster IMO, but I'm not very knowledgable.

The Sky Diver kicks though! I had some chicken girl beside me screaming the entire time at me, I just laughed my ass off.

I'll have a TR in a bit....