Silverwood Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Silverwood Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Whatever it is, it seems like perhaps it's Space or celestial themed. RMC Raptor from the local supplier, perhaps?

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:27 pm

Silverwood is hosting the Golden Ticket Awards next weekend with RMC so it would be perfect if they collaborated again on a project.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:24 pm

If this park ever adds an RMC (whether that's 2020 or not), I will finally decide to make the 10-hour drive north to visit this park. There just isn't quite enough there at the moment to draw me in.

EDIT: Just read their Facebook post and it says an "addition to their entertainment lineup" so I wouldn't get any hopes up.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:01 am

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby swfan1988 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am

Looks like they are getting some kind of night time drone show.

They are calling it "Light up the Night" (It could be worse folks)

It sounds fun, especially if its like a unique show, with unique patterns. But I don't think they really needed a night time show, they need more rides and slides.

I'm glad they are getting something new, but I think they need to focus on expanding their rides rather than just shows.

Maybe RMC next year? Or is it still under raps for this year? :b :lol:
I don't work for a theme park, but I wish I did! (Except Six Flags...)
Wooden Faves: 1. PHOENIX!!!! 2. Timber Terror 3. Timber Terror 4. Timber Terror...
Steel Faves: 1. Hersheypark's Wild Mouse :lol: 2. Corkscrew (at Silverwood) :lmao: 3. Everything Else!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:20 pm

A raptor would be perfect for this park and really round out their coaster collection. Wonder if they could get some kind of discount since they are so close in proximity to RMC?
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:01 pm

VegasBaby wrote:Wonder if they could get some kind of discount since they are so close in proximity to RMC?

Yes.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby swfan1988 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:43 am

Is it just me or does it feel like the announcement for Light up the Night was kinda rushed? I mean like they said "more details will be released as we create the show" or something to that affect.

It makes me wonder if their is something else in the pipe/that's is going to be announced and they didn't want to/weren't ready to announce the drone show, yet. I don't think we should get our hopes up, but it is just a thought.
Wooden Faves: 1. PHOENIX!!!! 2. Timber Terror 3. Timber Terror 4. Timber Terror...
Steel Faves: 1. Hersheypark's Wild Mouse :lol: 2. Corkscrew (at Silverwood) :lmao: 3. Everything Else!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby swfan1988 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:00 am

I'm terrible at reading teasers and clues, but I think I got something! (Be warned: This could just be a home park nerd begging for something new)

Recently, Silverwood posted new commercial on their Facebook page for grandparents weekend. The park puts their commercials up on the page every once in awhile (Nothing out of the ordinary there!) But this one was different, I watched it and instead of ending with the park logo (like all their other commercials), It goes to another scene. It shows the commercials actors driving away in the parking lot, when the granddaughter makes a comment "I Think I'm Ready For A Nap" and the grandma says "Night-Night".

Now I though this was kinda odd for a couple of reasons:

1. Silverwood never ends their commercials with a scene like that. (That I know of)
2. It seems to be an odd comment to make at the end of a commercial.

The other thing is this: If you take the first letters of the words that were said and unscramble them it spells TRAIN, and if you add the remaining letters than it adds the word FINN to the end.

The train part makes sense, but I can't figure out the FINN part. The best I could come up with is TRAIN FINNish, but that doesn't make any sense since Silverwood would never get rid of the train (And if they did I think most people would be horrified) Unless they are trying to quietly say it won't come back next year (for whatever reason), or they are saying that something with a fin will have a train or a train theme. And what has a train and fins, a ROLLER COASTER!!!!

What do you think?

This probably sounds stupid, but I think this might be a teaser and Light up the Night might not be the only thing coming (at least I kinda hope not!)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Comeagain? wrote:
VegasBaby wrote:Wonder if they could get some kind of discount since they are so close in proximity to RMC?

Yes.

At the least they would not have a lot of long distance trucking costs ...

Tremors has the original Topper Track test track. And I think RMC installed / built their big coasters but of course didn't design them. I think a Raptor with more than one train would be a great fit for Silverwood, assuming that could be in their budget.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!