Silverwood Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Silverwood Discussion Thread

Postby LuminousAphid » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Anyone been to the park yet this year, and had a chance to try out the racing slide? I am wondering how fast it actually feels, I have never seen one of these IRL. Pics would be awesome!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:53 pm

neil009 wrote:How do the two woodies at Silverwood, in their current form (for better or worse), compare to The Raven and the Legend at Holiday World? Are they as fast-paced and intense? Has either been trimmed to death?

You'll enjoy them. I think Holiday World's are better, but both parks represent classic 90's/2000 CCIs that are still very enjoyable and well taken care of
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Scarywood 2016

Postby LuminousAphid » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:27 pm

The new Scarywood site is up, and I'm really impressed with the intro production:

http://www.scarywoodhaunt.com/

I loved the event last year, and I think I will try to get over there again this year but earlier in October, so maybe it won't be 30F by the end of the night :| Sadly all the attractions seem to be the same, so on second thought I might wait until next year to see if they create anything new

Check the site out!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: What's new for 2017?

Postby KootenaiJoe » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:57 am

There are rumors of T-Rex track being on-site at Silverwood. Sorry to be a tease, but I can't say more at this time.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby IdahoKat » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

I made it to the Scarywood event on opening weekend. It had been a few years since I had gone, and it has really improved into something impressive!

I've just recently been teaching myself how to edit/create videos, so linky here is the latest one I made of my trip to this years event.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:45 pm

KootenaiJoe wrote:There are rumors of T-Rex track being on-site at Silverwood. Sorry to be a tease, but I can't say more at this time.

Cant wait to hear more about this one Image
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby Gnome » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:19 pm

KootenaiJoe wrote:There are rumors of T-Rex track being on-site at Silverwood. Sorry to be a tease, but I can't say more at this time.

If this is true,I'll gladly make the trek out there next year for scarywood. The train ride and night rides on tremors, timber terror, and an rmc trex would be insane.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Don't forget about Aftershock ;)

Postby Gnome » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:16 pm

^ it's usually too cold for it to run :/ but not really an issue because the park in general is awesome.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby IdahoKat » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:30 pm

RollingCoasting wrote:Don't forget about Aftershock ;)

Aftershock not open this year for safety reasons - the location of the Total Darkness maze has you walking through the secure area somewhat under the ride in an area not normally accessible by the public during the regular operating season.

I do believe in years past for Scarywood event (before maze location) it was closed due to weather, though I cannot 100% say for certain. (I'm no expert, only a fangirl who lives for rides).

The last Scarywood event I went to was a few years back (it has improved in leaps and strides since then). I was riding on Tremors, and in a snow/rain mix - it was COLD!!!!!! I don't like riding in the snow. brrrrrr

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!