Silverwood Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Silverwood Discussion Thread

Postby PixelRush » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:19 am

So since Silverwood is having a contest to name their new racing slides, I sent in the name... Wait for it...

SHOTGUN RACERS!!!

IDK, I hope it's good :P If I win (not likely), I'll ask for the second place person's entry to get the prizes, since I wouldn't want to get stuff I couldn't use!
I have the rumblies, the rumblies that only AIRTIME can satisfy. :airtimer:
Top Steel: Maverick [Cedar Point] Top Wood: El Toro [Six Flags Great Adventure] Coaster Count: 78
My username is Zergei on the NoLimits Central Forum
Proud member of the Cult of Skank Mountain, where the airtime is to die for.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Halogen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Entered the name: Rocky Mountain Racers. Hope you like it, should be a fun ride to check out next year!
Voyage / Toro / LRod / Skyrush / IRat / Maverick / CoasterPNE / Millie / Twisted Colossus / Kumba

Ride on!
:nina:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LuminousAphid » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:25 am

Just in case anyone is planning a trip, for the next few days season passes are on sale for super cheap... If I was sure I was coming back next year I would definitely buy one, but I'm trying to go to SFMM and Orlando next year so I might not be able to get back to Silverwood. But if you plan on going even just 2 days, the pass would be only $1 extra since you get free parking with it.

http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/admission/season-passes.php

I noticed they have apparently gotten rid of their 3-consecutive-day pass. I think I might be the only one crazy enough to go 3 days in the same week, but even I didn't do consecutive days!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby neil009 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06 pm

How do the two woodies at Silverwood, in their current form (for better or worse), compare to The Raven and the Legend at Holiday World? Are they as fast-paced and intense? Has either been trimmed to death?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Halogen » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:13 am

neil009 wrote:How do the two woodies at Silverwood, in their current form (for better or worse), compare to The Raven and the Legend at Holiday World? Are they as fast-paced and intense? Has either been trimmed to death?

I have been on 115 coasters, and Tremors is my 6th favourite coaster of all time, it's that awesome. I haven't ridden Raven, but I definitely think Tremors is better. As for Timber Terror, it's a great ride with good airtime, but on bad days I've been on rides without any air.
Voyage / Toro / LRod / Skyrush / IRat / Maverick / CoasterPNE / Millie / Twisted Colossus / Kumba

Ride on!
:nina:

Postby LuminousAphid » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 pm

LuminousAphid wrote:
You put in the wrong link. It should be This (you entered the link with 2 "http"

Wow that looks pretty fun, I'm sure it will be a good family addition and could spread out the lines in BB a bit. Looks like it should be pretty high capacity too! My submission: Riptide Racers. Alliteration! =)

I submitted this name 8 days before they posted anything about the contest publicly on facebook, but I somehow didn't win... feels bad man
Untitled.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:36 pm

LuminousAphid wrote:
LuminousAphid wrote:
You put in the wrong link. It should be This (you entered the link with 2 "http"

Wow that looks pretty fun, I'm sure it will be a good family addition and could spread out the lines in BB a bit. Looks like it should be pretty high capacity too! My submission: Riptide Racers. Alliteration! =)

I submitted this name 8 days before they posted anything about the contest publicly on facebook, but I somehow didn't win... feels bad man
Untitled.jpg

You probably weren't the first/only one. I remember for Aftershock they had at least 10 people who submitted that name.

Postby LuminousAphid » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:03 am

FeelTheFORCE wrote:
LuminousAphid wrote:
LuminousAphid wrote:

Untitled.jpg

You probably weren't the first/only one. I remember for Aftershock they had at least 10 people who submitted that name.

Also I don't live ther so it would be sort of a waste anyway, but I have been looking for an excuse to move to Coeur d'Alene :) :) I love that area

Postby LuminousAphid » Sun May 08, 2016 1:38 am

Just saw today that we have new brochures for SW at work--I work at a hotel all the way in Seattle, but we still get them each year and I try to tell people about it if I can! Here are scans, I tried to get them higher res but our copier is a POS

Xerox2525294.jpg

Xerox2525295.jpg

Just for kicks I might scan and upload last year's to see which is better- I think this years looks great! Good job to their graphic designer

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Mon May 23, 2016 9:18 pm

^ Those are really nice

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!