Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

P. 212 - Camp Snoopy Coming in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Postby sfkk » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:08 am

17 is the textbook definition of compromise.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby grsupercity » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Just got this email. Does this mean my season pass is also good in 2021? As of right now the opening isn't even delayed

Dear 2020 Season Passholder:

I hope this note finds you and your family healthy and safe. As we all navigate these unprecedented circumstances, I want to thank you for your support of Michigan's Adventure. We continue to monitor and follow local and national health directives while preparing to open our park as soon as it is safe to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back!

In the meantime, I want to share information on how we will manage 2020 Season Passholder benefits:

2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when our park is able to open.
Additionally, we will extend the validity dates for current 2020 Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) through the 2021 Season according to pass type.
Our Season Passholders represent some of our most loyal guests, and we want to ensure that you receive a full season of fun as promised when you purchased your 2020 Season Pass. Again, we thank you for your understanding and loyalty to Michigan's Adventure.

Sincerely,

Camille Jourden-Mark
Vice President & General Manager
Michigan's Adventure
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 pm

^Yes. It seems that parks that wouldn't even be open yet anyway (like Cedar Point and MiA) are still extending all 2020 passes through 2021. Great news!
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:07 pm

^^It's chain-wide. And yes, it is valid for both 2020 and 2021 along with all add-ons. Personally, I wasn't planning on getting any kind of Cedar Fair pass this year, but now I am seriously considering purchasing a Platinum Pass now especially since I plan on visiting multiple CF parks next year. Now I just wonder when the cutoff purchase date is.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Six Flags Over Texas

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby cparkes92 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:51 pm

Saw on Facebook from an hour ago that they're advertising for summer workers. Glad to hear they're still planning on opening at some point this summer. I think they might have a slightly easier time finding workers as most of the area summer camps aren't opening up this summer.
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Postby grsupercity » Thu May 28, 2020 10:06 am

So in addition to removing Be Bop Bvld for Camp Snoopy they also moved drummer boy and winky the whale. Map on the app shows Drummer Boy moved in front of the Giant Gondola Wheel. Winky the Whale looks to have taken the place of mini enterprise by Zach's Zoomer and Mini Enterprise is no more .
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 am

^These are the real updates I came here for...

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MIAfan88 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:55 am

How late can this park open this year? If it's not open in the first 2 weeks of July, I don't see it happening this year. Is 1.5 months really worth it as a company perspective?

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Drove by the park this morning. Still no gondolas on the wheel, no coaster trains in the stations. I would assume they would need a months notice at this point. I am getting more and more confident they will not open this summer unless the government gives them permission real quick

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:49 pm

In the past, MiA staff has come down to CP and KI to help during early season start-up, before the season starts up in Michigan.

It could become entirely possible CF will decide to have MiA not open this summer if it gets too late and move those available employees south for the winter. It could help getting Point open faster if their Maintenance team comes down to help, full timers running rides, etc.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!