La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 125 - Vipère Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:29 pm

There is a rumor on Screamscape that La Ronde may remove Super Manege (apologies if I spelled that wrong) at the end of the Summer. If that turns out to be true, hopefully it is a sign that La Ronde will receive SFMM's Green Lantern rather than SFStL lol!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Oh no, not Super Horsemanship!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Any reason why Six Flags never attached a Hurricane Harbor waterpark to La Ronde? Lack of space/interest?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Vonni wrote:There is a rumor on Screamscape that La Ronde may remove Super Manege (apologies if I spelled that wrong) at the end of the Summer. If that turns out to be true, hopefully it is a sign that La Ronde will receive SFMM's Green Lantern rather than SFStL lol!

I hope the rumor is true, IMO The Super Manege isn't the worst coaster in the park considering how much Le Monstre sucks with its PTC trains, but its area looks very depressing and the coaster itself is in a desperate need of a coat of paint, which I think will never happen. :lol: Considering La Ronde improved the surroundings of every new ride they added in the recent years, a new attraction replacing this coaster - whatever it is - plus a bit of new concrete and paint would be great.

Jason Maier wrote:Any reason why Six Flags never attached a Hurricane Harbor waterpark to La Ronde? Lack of
space/interest?

There used to be a waterpark at La Ronde in the 90's (before Six Flags bought the park), but it has been gone for more than 20 years. I'm not sure why it was removed (a little bit of research would probably give you the answer) but I would guess the venture wasn't worth it considering there are at least 3 other water parks within a 1 hour drive from La Ronde.
1989-parc-deau.jpg
Not my picture, it was taken from La Ronde's timeline on Facebook
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby LegendLover » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:07 pm

I do enjoy La Ronde, and I always felt like the two coasters that REALLY needed to be gone from the park were Cobra and Super Manege. Both were slow and meandering coasters. I do think Green Lantern would definitely fit the park, but I do kind of wish something like a Sky Rocket II would replace the coaster, mainly so they would have a launch coaster and something that absolutely nobody would complain about. I honestly wouldn't mind Green Lantern if it actually flipped. As it is, it is a short ride that basically tilts to one side for about twenty seconds and you can MAYBE get one flip on the last turn, and due to the restraints and seats, just hanging there is very uncomfortable. If they added magnetic fins like an S&S version so you actually flip, I would actually really like the ride. Six Flags did say the ride would get new track after it was removed from Magic Mountain. Maybe it will get some fins. Either way, at least La Ronde is finally getting another coaster.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:47 am

I love that city. I just feel so bad for them that this is their amusement park. :lol:

Oh well... Au Revoir, Super Horsemanship (maybe). I can't believe that the ride lineup is actually worse now than when we were there but at La Ronde all things are possible. The ride sucks but it's far from the most offensive thing there.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LR2017 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:15 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I don't remember the waits inside the park being overly oppressive. Most major rides looked to have a half hour wait.

Yeah but someone here complained about the operations being horrible and the lines to be extremely long which I find is even rarely the case when I go there

Postby Vonni » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:35 pm

booink wrote:
Vonni wrote:There is a rumor on Screamscape that La Ronde may remove Super Manege (apologies if I spelled that wrong) at the end of the Summer. If that turns out to be true, hopefully it is a sign that La Ronde will receive SFMM's Green Lantern rather than SFStL lol!

I hope the rumor is true, IMO The Super Manege isn't the worst coaster in the park considering how much Le Monstre sucks with its PTC trains, but its area looks very depressing and the coaster itself is in a desperate need of a coat of paint, which I think will never happen. :lol: Considering La Ronde improved the surroundings of every new ride they added in the recent years, a new attraction replacing this coaster - whatever it is - plus a bit of new concrete and paint would be great.

Jason Maier wrote:Any reason why Six Flags never attached a Hurricane Harbor waterpark to La Ronde? Lack of
space/interest?

There used to be a waterpark at La Ronde in the 90's (before Six Flags bought the park), but it has been gone for more than 20 years. I'm not sure why it was removed (a little bit of research would probably give you the answer) but I would guess the venture wasn't worth it considering there are at least 3 other water parks within a 1 hour drive from La Ronde.
1989-parc-deau.jpg

Did the water park occupy the land that Le Vampire and (formerly) Cobra are on?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LR2017 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Vonni wrote:
booink wrote:

space/interest?

1989-parc-deau.jpg

Did the water park occupy the land that Le Vampire and (formerly) Cobra are on?

Yes it did

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby LegendLover » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Honestly, what I'd love to see with this park is a second entrance over at the tail end of where Cobra was, maybe a separate entrance for season pass holders. Then at the far end of the space have some eye catching flat ride, maybe a Zamperla Endeavor. Then I'd love to see Monster bulldozed. It is a massive coaster that takes up a lot of room that could never be RMC'd. They could use half of the space to build a GCI Woodie and use the other half for future expansion. Then I'd love to see Super Manege removed for whatever, probably Green Lantern, and then new trains on Boomerang and the SLC. I know most of that will probably never happen, but it's just a pipe dream of what I think would make people love that park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!