Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

P. 118 - Icon Front Seat POV and Rider Cam!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby KarlaKoaster » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:17 pm

I love RMCs, but I'm not so sure about the Grand National getting RMC treatment. I still think it is a great coaster with a great layout and just needs a bit of TLC. I love the idea of riding the National knowing that it has basically been the same layout for something like 80+ years and is still a really exciting coaster.

I would love a Mack coaster of some kind, and I think there's a surprising amount of space in the park thanks to rides like Turtle Chase being removed, plus as the Big One shows, it is easy to have a custom layout go over and under existing rides.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby thedazza » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:00 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:I love RMCs, but I'm not so sure about the Grand National getting RMC treatment. I still think it is a great coaster with a great layout and just needs a bit of TLC. I love the idea of riding the National knowing that it has basically been the same layout for something like 80+ years and is still a really exciting coaster.

I would love a Mack coaster of some kind, and I think there's a surprising amount of space in the park thanks to rides like Turtle Chase being removed, plus as the Big One shows, it is easy to have a custom layout go over and under existing rides.

Yes there is a fair bit of room near infusion, roller coaster and the big one area, certainly enough for a decent sized launch coaster to weave it's way around the existing rides in the area.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:32 am

Wee trip report.

Went on Friday with wife (non coaster fan) and four year old and just under one year old. Weather was great and lines were short. Went on Big One for first time in a while. Still all about the first drop. Also went on Nick Streak which was a big improvement on Rollercoaster imo. Had my first shot on Valhalla. Arguably best dark/wet ride I've been on. But boy do you get wet!!!

The day was mostly about my four year old. Nickelodeonland is great. He rode everything he could in there. Was a bit unsure about the Blue Flyer but went on it again. He also braved his first log flume and the froghopper/mini drop ride. I was very proud of him. He also enjoyed the Wallace and Gromit ride.

Nick Land improves BPB immeasurably. It has brightened up the park no end and is great for young kids. The park still needs some general TLC but is definitely going in the right direction. I had a great day. Even had a wee shot on Ice Blast before I left. Still love it.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby medoman » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:39 am

see, my dream would be for RMC to do a makeover of the big one... who says it has to be a woodie that they put I-box track on? Imagine the possibilities of RMC using the Big one's structure.... Inverted first drop (world record for highest inversion), actual airtime other than when you hit the MCBR, and lots of twisty RMC goodness!

Would be easy to market too, Faster, steeper, taller, UK's tallest ride....

Postby snoflake15 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 am

^ interesting concept. Don't see it but you never know.....

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:58 pm

^^ Why would a park RMC its biggest draw when it could make a less popular coaster just as popular?
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:43 am

I305forever wrote:^^ Why would a park RMC its biggest draw when it could make a less popular coaster just as popular?

Because Big One is not an enjoyable coaster.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby medoman » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:37 am

I305forever wrote:^^ Why would a park RMC its biggest draw when it could make a less popular coaster just as popular?

The General public might not be that interested in a make over of the grand national, but it would be easier to market the new big one - The UK's tallest, fastest coaster, the tallest coaster in the world with inversions, etc etc. RMC'ing the grand national would be unlikely to set any headline grabbing records.

It's unlikely to happen, but it would be awesome if it did.

Postby snoflake15 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 am

The Grand National has an historic significance and so does the Big Dipper. It's one thing making over a woodie built in the last 30 years or so and another ripping up pieces of history. As it happens rollercoaster would have been my vote for a makeover. But that's already happened.

GN was being painted so I couldn't ride it last week. It looks pretty tired to be fair but I would still be sad to see it go.

How about a RMC of the Wild Mouse? :lmao:

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:11 am

^Wild Mouse is already the best coaster in the park.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!