Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

P. 118 - Icon Front Seat POV and Rider Cam!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby RyanTPM » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:49 am

^Nope the car is new, it's likely a hint towards the theme. Also the new coaster won't be replacing a ride as such, the only ride to be removed for this is the swamp buggies. The Grand Prix is still standing and wont be removed.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:14 am

^ Good to know, I loved the Grand Prix when I was young. I could see it in the overhead picture but for some reason I thought I'd read it was also going to be removed around the time the monorail closed and just assumed it would go later when construction got heavier.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Dar » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:06 am

Garet wrote:Hasn't that car been there for years? I haven't been since Bling's opening year so I could be wrong and the new coaster would be a nice homage to the ride it replaced but I wonder if the cars there as a memorial almost. Didn't they also put a F1 driver in a real car (minus engine) that was bolted and sent it around on the Big One a while ago around that time because Grand Prix had a refresh/retheme?

RyanTPM wrote:^Nope the car is new, it's likely a hint towards the theme. Also the new coaster won't be replacing a ride as such, the only ride to be removed for this is the swamp buggies. The Grand Prix is still standing and wont be removed.

According to Temleh on CPBE, it's the same F1 car that normally sits outside the Grand Prix and it's the same car that got sent down the Big One.

It's also got nothing to do with the name or the theme, it's just there to help get across the idea of the acceleration to the public.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:58 am

RyanTPM wrote:^Nope the car is new, it's likely a hint towards the theme. Also the new coaster won't be replacing a ride as such, the only ride to be removed for this is the swamp buggies. The Grand Prix is still standing and wont be removed.

I think Swamp Buggies got removed in 2011-2012
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:07 pm

^They did, but the rides base was left there. So basically the new coaster isn't replacing any other ride as such, they've just removed the Tom Sawyer bridge to get it in.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby thedazza » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Garet wrote:Hasn't that car been there for years? I haven't been since Bling's opening year so I could be wrong and the new coaster would be a nice homage to the ride it replaced but I wonder if the cars there as a memorial almost. Didn't they also put a F1 driver in a real car (minus engine) that was bolted and sent it around on the Big One a while ago around that time because Grand Prix had a refresh/retheme?

Yes they did send it round the big one with a driver in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufOA4T-9Hkk

Looks like it is most likely the same car re-decorated. And most probably does point towards an F1 theme, possibly sponsored by an F1 team.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby eKs_Productions » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:40 am

And (I didn't see any post about it here) there will be a high-five-element with Big Dipper a few seconds before the final brake. :airtime:
(Ref.: https://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/10877-2018-neuheit-achterbahn-mack-rides-blackpool-pleasure-beach-uk-3.html#post229677)
Please excuse my bad English... :oops:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 pm

I don't speak German, so I had to read that in translation, but that is quite intriguing. I loved the High Five on Twisted Colossus, but that's a coaster that was designed for the element. This would be quite a challenge to design this coaster to interact with an entirely different one. Do you know if there are plans to modify the Big Dipper to accommodate this, or is the new coaster going to be designed to interact with Big Dipper as it is?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Bane » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:49 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I don't speak German, so I had to read that in translation, but that is quite intriguing. I loved the High Five on Twisted Colossus, but that's a coaster that was designed for the element. This would be quite a challenge to design this coaster to interact with an entirely different one. Do you know if there are plans to modify the Big Dipper to accommodate this, or is the new coaster going to be designed to interact with Big Dipper as it is?

There's no plans to change the Big Dipper and the new coaster will fit in around the existing attractions at the park, the only removal will be the Go Karts from underneath Steeplechase.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby A.T.I » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 am

Another video, this time from yesterday, with the station foundations completed and other construction occuring. :)

Video by Blackpool Pleasure Beach:-

[youtube]https://youtu.be/-XYYXzLVDoU[/youtube]
ATI Stands for Amusement Thrills International! =) =) =)

We were born to fly...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!