Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

P. 118 - Icon Front Seat POV and Rider Cam!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby TyRush » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:19 am

With all these 2018 announcements coming 'two years" before they open do you guys think this is some type of new marketing tool parks are trying to use? Not all of the suspected 2018 ones were technically announced yet although we can assume a few will be soon (i.e Mean Streak) Robb would have a better comment back to this than the most of us, but I do not really remember this many parks announcing new rides THIS early in the past.
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby schoup » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 am

TyRush wrote:With all these 2018 announcements coming 'two years" before they open do you guys think this is some type of new marketing tool parks are trying to use? Not all of the suspected 2018 ones were technically announced yet although we can assume a few will be soon (i.e Mean Streak) Robb would have a better comment back to this than the most of us, but I do not really remember this many parks announcing new rides THIS early in the past.

If you look up this park they haven't added a coaster since 2007 and most of their 10 coasters are extremely old. They probably announced a coaster for 2018 now just to show people they have something to look forward to. The last park addition was a Sky Fly in 2015. Also, rumors of a new coaster have been around since 2015 that a coaster was coming 2017, now it's confirmed for 2018.

Parks already know what they are going to do years in advance in most cases. SF and CF probably have their 2018 plans with 90% to 95% certainty and may make small alterations. 2019 plans are like 80%+ certainty and will alter slightly if their is a downturn in revenue.
Last edited by schoup on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:03 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 am

TyRush wrote:With all these 2018 announcements coming 'two years" before they open do you guys think this is some type of new marketing tool parks are trying to use?

Absolutely not. Parks have been making two-year project announcements as long as I can remember. Recently, think about it, both Texas Giant and Helix were "two year projects" that were announced two years before they were done. Many times projects that Disney and Universal are working on get announced two years in advance. I mean, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was probably in development 3 or 4 years, we already knew what Universal Orlando's 2018 addition will be months ago, and the Slinky Dog Coaster is probably 2018 at the earliest.

So this has been going on for quite some time. It's not anything "new" and certainly not for Blackpool. Wasn't Valhalla that opened in 2000 announced in 1998?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby A.T.I » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:03 pm

The stats are nothing to shout about, however the GP will definitely love this ride when it opens!
ATI Stands for Amusement Thrills International! =) =) =)

We were born to fly...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby A.T.I » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:06 pm

The stats are not anything super impressive, but we will most likely still love this ride, the GP wouldn't know any different, so I bet it will turn out as a winner!

We were born to fly...

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:39 pm

A.T.I wrote:The stats are nothing to shout about, however the GP will definitely love this ride when it opens!

The GP pretty much love anything that has the word "coaster" at the end of it... but it still looks like a good ride!
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby SteelForceless » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:53 pm

A.T.I wrote:The stats are nothing to shout about, however the GP will definitely love this ride when it opens!

A.T.I wrote:The stats are not anything super impressive, but we will most likely still love this ride, the GP wouldn't know any different, so I bet it will turn out as a winner!

Stats don't mean everything on a rollercoaster. Take a look at Lightning Run @ Kentucky Kingdom. It's only 100 feet tall and gives an awesome ride.

Also, you said the same thing twice.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby A.T.I » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:53 am

That's because I don't know how to delete my posts...

We were born to fly...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby A.T.I » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:54 am

According to witnesses, a large drilling machine is on the site, ready to drill holes for the footers...

We were born to fly...

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:50 am

chickenbowl wrote:
KBrylczyk wrote:
Arn'O wrote:Amazing that there are already 3 awesome coasters coming to Europe in 2018: This One, Valkyria (b&m dive) and Alton Towers wooden coaster.

I count one good coaster there, buddy boy.

That's pretty edgy

Yeah, we don't really know what the AT woodie is gonna look like yet. How can you judge?
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!