Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

P. 118 - Icon Front Seat POV and Rider Cam!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:15 pm

I definitely read the name of the coaster to be Construction 18, too. I mean, Cedar Fair named their coasters Flight Deck and Backlot Stunt Coaster...this isn't that much more of a stretch. :lol:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Santa07 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:19 pm

Looks fantastic! I'm thinking maybe one or two more inversions would've been nice for variety, but I shouldn't be complaining it looks really great.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:57 am

That looks like a very fun ride! I'm sure all the interactions with the surroundings will add a lot to the experience. Great to finally see a brand new coaster for the "rollercoaster capitol of Europe" (at least it was considered as this once upon a time...)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PaulB007 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:00 am

Hello all, my first post on this forum. Had to register on this forum after details of the new roller-coaster have been revealed

I've been visiting Blackpool Pleasure Beach on a regular basis since the early 1970's and in my opinion it is still the best park in the UK. The new coaster is just what the park needs and will hopefully bring in visitors from further afield.

Really looking forward to seeing the construction and can't wait to ride it. Glad to see that it doesn't look like any rides will have to be removed apart from the Go-Karts which is no great loss to be honest.

--------------------------------

Dro wrote:Hello folks, first post on this forum. I am going to Blackpool soon and I am a bit of a coaster chicken. Can anyone recommend what to ride first, then work my way up to the more intense rides? If I get to them! Many thanks. Dro.

If you want to start with something less intense then head over to Nickelodeon Land and ride The Streak first. A fairly tame wooden family coaster. Best to ride that early anyway as it usually gets long queues on busy days when the park fills up. From there head over to Avalanche (the bobsled coaster) and that should have got you warmed nicely !!

Grand national rarely opens when the park does so you will not be able to ride that early on, assuming you get there when the park opens (and I would recommend getting there early to avoid queuing to get in the park).

Make sure you ride the Wild Mouse, my favourite coaster of all time, and if you go on Valhalla then buy a poncho. You will get drenched !!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Arn'O » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:17 am

Cool layout, second half will be intense i think(reminds me of Taron) and that inversion after launch looks nice also. ;)

Amazing that there are already 3 awesome coasters coming to Europe in 2018: This One, Valkyria (b&m dive) and Alton Towers wooden coaster. :lmao:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby PVA62 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:17 am

Wow, very twisty! I know it's been said before but my first thoughts were Cheetah Hunt, but better! Nice addition for BPB.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:00 am

Arn'O wrote:Amazing that there are already 3 awesome coasters coming to Europe in 2018: This One, Valkyria (b&m dive) and Alton Towers wooden coaster.

I count one good coaster there, buddy boy.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 am

This looks fantastic. I really need to hop across the pond one of these days...
That coaster dad [338] and that coaster kiddo [220]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:45 am

This ride looks amazing. I know it is a Mack rides product, but it reminds me of Maverick at Cedar Point. I love the creative use of space. That first drop under The Big One, and all the near miss moments are going to make this ride even more exciting, and may explain the long construction timeline. As an aside BPB will have 11 roller coaster (unless they take something out) squeezed into 42 acres. That has to be some record! lol

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:58 am

KBrylczyk wrote:
Arn'O wrote:Amazing that there are already 3 awesome coasters coming to Europe in 2018: This One, Valkyria (b&m dive) and Alton Towers wooden coaster.

I count one good coaster there, buddy boy.

That's pretty edgy
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!