The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

P. 27 - Brain Drain 12 story Larson ARM Tower announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:24 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:X-Coaster is a GREAT coaster, by far the best ride in the park. VERY highly underrated. The front row is awesome! When you crest the lift hill you are just dangling there with nothing blocking your view of the crazyness you are about to experience. However, the stop on the lift hill is BRUTAL!!! So brace for impact!

I had no idea that stop was coming when I rode one in Germany last year. Ouch. :shockr:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:42 pm

molemaster43 wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:
molemaster43 wrote:The hotel's been booked and my parents have the mindset...it's too late now, my friend.

Well, since you are trapped going just try to make the best of it!

Since you are going on a Saturday in May, crowds will probably be VERY heavy in the water park section of the park. However, the "dry" side should be fairly manageable. I've been to the park on various Saturdays throughout the summer and never had terrible waits for anything (dry side wise.) The only time we ended up waiting a decent period of time was for the log flume... Which had about an hour long line... Then it broke down a few times during the wait, so that didn't help. Other than that I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for any of the rides. (And that was usually to get a "premium" seat. IE: front row, or back row.)

X-Coaster is a GREAT coaster, by far the best ride in the park. VERY highly underrated. The front row is awesome! When you crest the lift hill you are just dangling there with nothing blocking your view of the crazyness you are about to experience. However, the stop on the lift hill is BRUTAL!!! So brace for impact!

Just go into the park with very... VERY low expectations!! (You'll thank me later!)

Neither my parents nor myself are particularly big water park fans, so we weren't planning on doing that. X Coaster definitely fascinates me the most. Good to know about the log flume since that's the ride I'm second most excited for haha. But that sounds manageable since we only wanted to spend a max of 4-5 hours in the park. Thanks!

Oh wow, yeah, if you're not doing the waterpark, then you need like 2 hours max, and that's only because the ops are totally going to take their time. There's about 4 rides actually worthwhile. X-Coaster is absolutely fantastic, enjoy the hell out of that one. Otherwise, Gauntlet is horrible, and the other coasters are just okay. Water rides are solid. Any notable flats have been removed from the park systematically over the last few years.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 am

Park needs a Zamperla disc-o, a star flyer, a Gravity Group woodie, one of the new compact vekomas, macks or gerslauers, an sbf/visa spinner and three classic but new flats. New vest trains for the existing vekoma

Water park side needs a water coaster and capsule drop tube tower.

Add a hotel with indoor waterpark adjacent to the property to take full advantage of families visiting for the horse racing season at Oaklawn, spring break, halloween and Christmas seasons.

Someone does all that and this park elevates big time.

But the Disk'o and the the sbf/visa three loop spinner additions would be quick, rather cheap, easy and popular.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:39 am

^Park needs money.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:39 am

It appears the Larson Drop Tower will be good to go next weekend.
Last edited by ElvisLuv on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:04 pm.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:46 am

Do you mean that it will be open for guests to ride it or that it will be removed from the park? Because honestly those are equal possibilities.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:21 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:^Park needs money.

Park needs shade, misters, and AC

Not sure which park is hotter; Them or Wild Adventures
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:41 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
molemaster43 wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:
molemaster43 wrote:The hotel's been booked and my parents have the mindset...it's too late now, my friend.

Well, since you are trapped going just try to make the best of it!

Since you are going on a Saturday in May, crowds will probably be VERY heavy in the water park section of the park. However, the "dry" side should be fairly manageable. I've been to the park on various Saturdays throughout the summer and never had terrible waits for anything (dry side wise.) The only time we ended up waiting a decent period of time was for the log flume... Which had about an hour long line... Then it broke down a few times during the wait, so that didn't help. Other than that I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for any of the rides. (And that was usually to get a "premium" seat. IE: front row, or back row.)

X-Coaster is a GREAT coaster, by far the best ride in the park. VERY highly underrated. The front row is awesome! When you crest the lift hill you are just dangling there with nothing blocking your view of the crazyness you are about to experience. However, the stop on the lift hill is BRUTAL!!! So brace for impact!

Just go into the park with very... VERY low expectations!! (You'll thank me later!)

Neither my parents nor myself are particularly big water park fans, so we weren't planning on doing that. X Coaster definitely fascinates me the most. Good to know about the log flume since that's the ride I'm second most excited for haha. But that sounds manageable since we only wanted to spend a max of 4-5 hours in the park. Thanks!

Oh wow, yeah, if you're not doing the waterpark, then you need like 2 hours max, and that's only because the ops are totally going to take their time. There's about 4 rides actually worthwhile. X-Coaster is absolutely fantastic, enjoy the hell out of that one. Otherwise, Gauntlet is horrible, and the other coasters are just okay. Water rides are solid. Any notable flats have been removed from the park systematically over the last few years.

I am interested in a couple of the non coaster rides also, particularly the log flume, Brain Drain and Hawk. That should hopefully keep me occupied for at least a few hours.

Postby Vonni » Sat May 26, 2018 8:25 pm

With SF buying new parks recently it had me wondering, although unlikely, if SF acquired Magic Springs if things would improve. I know it wouldn't become a mega park by any means. But I wonder if SF could really turn it around. Pointless, I know. Just curious on what y'all's thoughts would be.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Vonni wrote:With SF buying new parks recently it had me wondering, although unlikely, if SF acquired Magic Springs if things would improve. I know it wouldn't become a mega park by any means. But I wonder if SF could really turn it around. Pointless, I know. Just curious on what y'all's thoughts would be.

You bring up a solid point. Considering Six Flags said they want to purchase/operate parks "near their other parks," I wouldn't be too surprised if Magic Springs was in the talks at some point. It is about equidistant to both Six Flags Over Texas and the newly-acquired Frontier City (310 and 316 miles, respectively). And Six Flags St. Louis isn't much farther away either.

In addition to Magic Springs, I would also love to see Six Flags purchase/operate Elitch Gardens (again). It would be nice to have some Six Flags parks in an area of the country that is extremely dry of major theme parks, especially chain parks.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!