The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

P. 27 - Brain Drain 12 story Larson ARM Tower announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 pm

EliHorton wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
EliHorton wrote:YESSS! Did you guys hear? Magic Springs is adding a new drop tower for 2018! This one will be a Larson drop tower. I'm happy to finally see them adding something rather than removing something.

That's a great addition for the park! The Larson towers are the best model out of there in my opinion.

Does the park still have the double shot tower or did they remove that?

I also believe that Larson drop towers are the best drop towers. No matter how many times I ride one, the drop still comes as a complete surprise and I can't help put feel terrified inside. The drop seems so heavy on it! This will definitely be an improvement over Dr. Dean's Rocket Machine (though I loved the name and sign). DDRM was definitely the weakest S&S shot tower that I've ever ridden.
This gives me hope for Magic Springs! I was sure that they were starting to get rid of their dry park after they removed two of the flat rides. I'm predicting that they'll get some Larson flying scooters next.

How about a Larson Looping Coaster?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:08 pm

^^ I don't really think so. They have the Hawk right now, which is a Zamperla hawk. Those two rides are VERY similar, the only difference being that your feet dangle on the Hawk. I'd love to see them add flying scooters since they are a great and fun family ride. Though it would surprise me if they got a super loop..... Which that isn't horrible; those things are fun!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

EliHorton wrote:YESSS! Did you guys hear? Magic Springs is adding a new drop tower for 2018!

WE DID!!!! We read the post right above yours. :roll:

EliHorton wrote:I'm happy to finally see them adding something rather than removing something.

Same. It will be a much welcomed addition to the park. Plus, those Larson towers KICK ASS!!! They are some of the most intense drop towers out there. No doubt in my mind the regulars of this park will eat this ride up!
Bigger is not always better.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:19 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
EliHorton wrote:YESSS! Did you guys hear? Magic Springs is adding a new drop tower for 2018!

WE DID!!!! We read the post right above yours. :roll:

EliHorton wrote:I'm happy to finally see them adding something rather than removing something.

Same. It will be a much welcomed addition to the park. Plus, those Larson towers KICK A$$!!! They are some of the most intense drop towers out there. No doubt in my mind the regulars of this park will eat this ride up!

I didn't really see that post before I posted my reply........ I just saw the reply about the mouse coaster being removed and then did my thing. Sorry. Anywho. But yeah, this tower will no doubt be more eye catching from both inside and outside the park. I remember you couldn't even see Dr. Dean's Rocket Machine from the road since it was so short. Plus Dr. Dean's Rocket Machine was just so weak.

Postby Vonni » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:13 am

I just recently found out that Twist 'N Shout was relocated to another park (Family Kingdom Amusement Park in Myrtle Beach). All this time I assumed it was scrapped. I know it wasn't anything special to most people, but it was my first, and at this time only, Wild Mouse Coaster. I'm happy to see it got another lease on life.

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:51 pm

So I'm planning a visit here with my parents on a Saturday this upcoming May. What sort of crowds should I expect and what sort of lines? I've gotten the impression that it'll be slow operations from the past several pages, but wanted to ask to be sure since it's early in the season. We would plan on being there at park opening and don't want to spend too much time there since we'll be starting the drive to Pigeon Forge that day as well. Thank you!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:53 pm

molemaster43 wrote:So I'm planning a visit here...

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:56 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
molemaster43 wrote:So I'm planning a visit here...

The hotel's been booked and my parents have the mindset...it's too late now, my friend.

I'll be going to Silver Dollar City and Dollywood before and after it, respectively. I could use a "good" intermediary ;)

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:07 pm

molemaster43 wrote:The hotel's been booked and my parents have the mindset...it's too late now, my friend.

Well, since you are trapped going just try to make the best of it!

Since you are going on a Saturday in May, crowds will probably be VERY heavy in the water park section of the park. However, the "dry" side should be fairly manageable. I've been to the park on various Saturdays throughout the summer and never had terrible waits for anything (dry side wise.) The only time we ended up waiting a decent period of time was for the log flume... Which had about an hour long line... Then it broke down a few times during the wait, so that didn't help. Other than that I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for any of the rides. (And that was usually to get a "premium" seat. IE: front row, or back row.)

X-Coaster is a GREAT coaster, by far the best ride in the park. VERY highly underrated. The front row is awesome! When you crest the lift hill you are just dangling there with nothing blocking your view of the crazyness you are about to experience. However, the stop on the lift hill is BRUTAL!!! So brace for impact!

Just go into the park with very... VERY low expectations!! (You'll thank me later!)

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:10 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
molemaster43 wrote:The hotel's been booked and my parents have the mindset...it's too late now, my friend.

Well, since you are trapped going just try to make the best of it!

Since you are going on a Saturday in May, crowds will probably be VERY heavy in the water park section of the park. However, the "dry" side should be fairly manageable. I've been to the park on various Saturdays throughout the summer and never had terrible waits for anything (dry side wise.) The only time we ended up waiting a decent period of time was for the log flume... Which had about an hour long line... Then it broke down a few times during the wait, so that didn't help. Other than that I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for any of the rides. (And that was usually to get a "premium" seat. IE: front row, or back row.)

X-Coaster is a GREAT coaster, by far the best ride in the park. VERY highly underrated. The front row is awesome! When you crest the lift hill you are just dangling there with nothing blocking your view of the crazyness you are about to experience. However, the stop on the lift hill is BRUTAL!!! So brace for impact!

Just go into the park with very... VERY low expectations!! (You'll thank me later!)

Neither my parents nor myself are particularly big water park fans, so we weren't planning on doing that. X Coaster definitely fascinates me the most. Good to know about the log flume since that's the ride I'm second most excited for haha. But that sounds manageable since we only wanted to spend a max of 4-5 hours in the park. Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!