The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

P. 27 - Brain Drain 12 story Larson ARM Tower announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:58 pm

According to Screamscape, Wild Thang, and the S&S shot tower are being removed from the park. Apparently Wild Thang is going to Frontier City and will be called Gunslinger. The S&S tower is apparently headed to another park as well.

I'm really surprised about the shot tower. Wasn't that one of the more popular rides at the park?

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:34 am

I wonder if it is being removed to try and bring the number of rides more in line with what their current attendance is.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 am

CoasterGuy06 wrote:I wonder if it is being removed to try and bring the number of rides more in line with what their current attendance is.

More waterpark.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby livai » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:57 am

only water park
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:23 am

Vonni wrote:. . . Apparently Wild Thang is going to Frontier City and will be called Gunslinger.

Frontier City has confirmed that Gunslinger will NOT be Wild Thang from Magic Springs, but instead a brand new Power Surge ride. This was discussed in the thread talking about Frontier Cites new ride for 2016.
Bigger is not always better.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:51 am

Screamscape actually changed that again today (for the third time) and is reporting that Wild Thang truly is leaving. It's sad to see that their reliability has gone down through the past few years. I remember when that site was pretty legit and the rumors were plausible, not fanboy garbage.

CNL will likely keep the Space Shot in the chain. They did the same thing a few years ago when they moved one to Darien Lake. It's still a very popular attraction, but capacity is a big issue. Waits are rarely lower than 45 minutes, making it the longest or one of the longest in the park.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:47 am

Darien Lake bought their Space Shot from Alabama Adventure when it closed all their rides.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:49 am

^Yep, I know that. I'm just trying to correlate this move with that one. Blast Off has been very popular at DL and CNL is probably looking to add more at their other properties.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:22 pm

I have no problem with MS focusing on their waterpark more if that is what is successful for them, but I'd hate to see them lose all their rides. These two flats seem like they are a pretty good chunk of their ride offerings...

I feel like they may just want to cannibalize the park because then they can add to FC and other CNL parks without having to buy anything new. CNL is insanely cheap.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:29 pm

Based on how this park's ride lines compare to their slide lines, I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to move away from the dry park all together or made it just a family park (I don't mean soon, but years down the road). I hope Arkansas Twister remains at the very least if that happened one day. It just seems weird that they are removing what are basically their only 2 thrilling flat rides (Well.. they still have The Hawk).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!