The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

P. 27 - Brain Drain 12 story Larson ARM Tower announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

Postby Shavethewhales » Sun May 27, 2018 9:31 am

Why is everyone so sure SF is better for these parks? Do you guys not remember 10 years ago? Six Flags is not some savior of small parks. If they acquired Magic Springs, they would probably gut it and rebrand the water park into a hurricane harbor. Premier has been doing a good job of management, and just like FC, the park has obviously had tons of TLC put into it. The new drop tower is another big step in the right direction.

Speaking of, anyone been on it yet? I might make it down there in August. Curious if there are any other changes at the park this year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun May 27, 2018 9:54 am

Shavethewhales wrote:Why is everyone so sure SF is better for these parks? Do you guys not remember 10 years ago? Six Flags is not some savior of small parks. If they acquired Magic Springs, they would probably gut it and rebrand the water park into a hurricane harbor. Premier has been doing a good job of management, and just like FC, the park has obviously had tons of TLC put into it. The new drop tower is another big step in the right direction.

Speaking of, anyone been on it yet? I might make it down there in August. Curious if there are any other changes at the park this year.

I can tell you that we visited this park last year, and unanimously agreed tgat this park needs help. The only park of this park that was in really good shape was the water park.

Look at our trip report here...
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75041&hilit=2017+mega+coaster+trip
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon May 28, 2018 3:42 pm

I was last there in 2016, and the park was definitely in good shape. By that I mean the buildings, pathways, and flower beds were all taken care of. I think we can all agree that the rides and operations suck. That's to be expected when they keep going back and forth on whether they even want a dry side of the park. This new drop tower is going to be something like the third time that they go back to adding rides after ripping a bunch out. Hopefully it doesn't just get ripped out and shipped somewhere else in a few years.

If they can finally agree that having an amusement park in addition to the water park is a priority, then hopefully ride operations and maintenance will improve. I am hoping that the drop tower signals a shift in that direction.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue May 29, 2018 5:46 pm

ElvisLuv wrote:Park needs a Zamperla disc-o, a star flyer, a Gravity Group woodie, one of the new compact vekomas, macks or gerslauers, an sbf/visa spinner and three classic but new flats. New vest trains for the existing vekoma

Water park side needs a water coaster and capsule drop tube tower.

Add a hotel with indoor waterpark adjacent to the property to take full advantage of families visiting for the horse racing season at Oaklawn, spring break, halloween and Christmas seasons.

Someone does all that and this park elevates big time.

But the Disk'o and the the sbf/visa three loop spinner additions would be quick, rather cheap, easy and popular.

This would REALLY help the park. But I sadly doubt it will ever happen.
Bigger is not always better.

Postby Vonni » Sun May 26, 2019 3:05 pm

Anything new or any changes for the park this season?

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon May 27, 2019 6:45 am

Vonni wrote:Anything new or any changes for the park this season?

Judging by their website and social media... nothing new coming to the park for this year.
Bigger is not always better.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby LegendLover » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:47 am

I'll be heading to this park here in a couple days. I wish that I went more often considering it's only four hours away. I"ve always thought that this park was really fun and enjoyable. The water park was definitely my favorite water park that I've been to (even above Splashin' Safari). I just wish they had more flat rides. I'd love to see maybe two more family flat rides added to the park and then one more thrill ride. This park is actually surprisingly big with lots of long pathways to just one attraction. I'd love to see something like a Tilt-A-Whirl added to the space of the former Wild Than and some Flying Scooters over by The Gauntlet since it sits out at the edge of the park with only one other ride. I think it'd be cool to see them add a vertical swing of sorts in that last turn of Arkansas Twister, just to have another dry ride by the coaster. This park just has so much potential. Being in Hot Springs, it draws tourism from three major cities: Springfield, Little Rock, and Memphis. Plus, it's close enough proximity to Branson that families taking road trips sometimes will make the three hour detour to see the parks in Hot Springs.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!