Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 178: Carnaval Festival rehab is done
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 pm

<sighs>

I love AND miss, Efteling.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Adervus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:36 am

Does anyone know if attractions at Efteling got damaged due to the snow? I already heard rumors that the roof of an ice rink cracked. :/

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Illegal_Alien » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:26 am

More awsomesauce:

Part 1 of 3 with all kind of things about how some of the techniques work in Het Spookslot the Python. Piranha and more.

I hope there will be an English translation beneath it. But even if you just skip it, you will see some interesting stuff.

Video made by: vijfzintuigen.nl

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Sven wrote:I 've said it before, this ride will not have a steampunk theme. The theme is based on real Northern European mining companies.

Sven wrote:The building and ride of Baron 1898 will be themed as a real Northern European mining company..

Awesome information you provided. I seriously thought it was a steampunk theme, which was still cool. But now knowing where the actual theme comes from is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to explain it! Can't wait to see the completed ride, and theming!
Bigger is not always better.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:05 pm

^^ Wonderful park history video, even if I didn't understand the language, LOL!

The whole back story of the PYTHON was a-ma-zing, especially the car commercial AND
the proposed expansion plans of the coaster! It looked awesome, and maybe they might
actually do that, and expand Python ("Pee-thon" I loved that, lol.) It was also fun, seeing
Pegasus, running in the background, in part of the video shots of Python. :smile:

This man was (to me, obviously) the Disney of his generation, and Efteling is proof positive
of keeping a theme park in theme, well landscaped, and full of experiences for the
entire family, not just the rides, too.

Thanks for sharing this. It was great! =)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Illegal_Alien » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:20 pm

They cant expand the coaster anymore. (Or we have to demolish Joris and the Draak and the Vliegende Hollander :p)

Also the 1001 Nacht project is the (early design) of the Fata Morgana, wich was meant to be placed on an Island where the Gondeletta is. :)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Illegal_Alien wrote:...They cant expand the coaster anymore. (Or we have to demolish Joris and the Draak and the Vliegende Hollander :p)...

Well, why not? It's been enough time with these rides. Time for a change!

:p

I just loved the proposed layout not really realizing (or caring) where
the whole thing would be, in actual space. Still fascinating to know.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:59 pm

I still hope that if we ever have to say goodbye to the Python they just name the coaster that comes next Python Plus.
I knew about the rumor that they intended to remake it like that, but I never knew it was that close, literally they could have waited a year of 2 for that food corner and still have done it. Just not having the money to come up with the food corner that has to be made them scrap the project, that was close.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:42 am

I don't think they will give up Python until the zombie apocalypse. If they want a new coaster, there's always space.

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:33 am

Illegal_Alien wrote:They cant expand the coaster anymore. (Or we have to demolish Joris and the Draak and the Vliegende Hollander :p)

Even using this original layout, it would still be still possible. DVH is nowhere near and I don't think Joris is a problem either.

But these plans are 20 years old. Back then, the Python was only 15 years old... it's now the second oldest Vekoma on the planet, heading into its 35th season. It will soon be time to scrap the entire ride.
Superwirbel was 35 years when it was demolished... Alton Towers' version was only 28 years old... and Walibi's Tornado was just 23 years.
pythonplus.jpg
Bing Maps
python2.jpg
ANP, Hollandse Hoogte

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!