Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 178: Carnaval Festival rehab is done
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby viking86 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 pm

RyanTPM wrote:The theming looks great, hope it turns out like that. And are there floorless trains? seems like they are from what i can see.

I would expect every future B&M dive machine to be built with floorless trains. If they were to build one again with normal sit-down trains, I would be very surprised.

As for the concept art, I can only repeat what others have said before me. It looks absolutely fantastic, and it will be very exciting to see how it will look in real life!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Baron 1898? That has to be one of the oddest coaster names I've ever heard, but the concept art looks really nice, and I think it will be a very fun ride.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator - Cedar Creek Mine Ride
2019 Carowinds Ride Operator (Winterfest)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Illegal_Alien » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:53 pm

At least its not called "Dive Coaster I" or "Batman the Ride XXXXVVVIIII" :roll:

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:36 pm

I'm very excited to see the layout for this. Although small, I'm still much more excited for this and Gardaland's than any Wing Coaster! I really like Dive Coasters and I'm sure Efteling will do this coaster justice with theming.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:43 pm

^I'm looking forward to the layout too. This looks great now! That lift structure is really nice!
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:04 pm

^^ I agree that Dives are much better then the winged coasters and I agree with you on that aspect. but I would have hoped that either the Efteling of Gardaland would built a Flying coaster, these sure seem fun and I still dislike the fact we only have one in Europe like it. But I'm still happy we get these 2 dive's, both look to have some potential and only time will tell us if they do, I mean small Lay-outs have shown to be quite surprising. Let's just hope on some more unique Dive lay-outs.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:11 pm

^It surprises me a bit how there aren't more flying coasters in Europe. You would think that, given how rare they are here, the GP would really eat it up.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Belgiumcoasterfreak wrote:Name of the new Dive Coaster announced: Baron 1898!

Also, finally some concept arts:

Station building

The trains will be similar to the ones at Heide-Park in Germany (6x3) and it will have two in/unload stations, something like Oblivion in Alton Towers.

Thanks to the construction update movies of the Efteling!:

Thanks for the update
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby andybarnes84 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:50 am

julioot wrote:The backstory,

It's a guy (the baron) who finds a piece of gold in an (old?) mine. Ghost appear in the mine and tell the dude not to take the gold, obviously he does take the gold. He then uses the gold to buy the entire piece of property on wich the mine is set. He starts a company to exploid the mine and look for more gold. Sadly he has enraged the ghosts by taking the gold, so all the mineworkers are plauged by ghosts and are to afraid to continue working for the baron.

I gues now its the vistors turn to go look for the gold.

The story will be told in the que line and preshow. So it's likely we can expect another awesome que the efteling has done with the flying dutch man.

Thank you very much for this, sounds fantastic! Now I realise that what I thought was just white mist around the tunnel is in fact the ghosts, awesome!

As for not seeing enough B&M Flyers being built, I really don't think much of them at all, their design restricts their intensity greatly and I've yet to be impressed by one (Gatekeeper, Swarm & X-Flight ridden so far) unlike Dive Coasters which I always enjoy no matter how short.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby turbolaaf » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:58 am

@ Andybarnes, i think you misunderstand what a flying coaster is. All the coasters you named are wingcoasters. Air however in Alton Tower is a Flying coaster. A wingcoaster is in my opinion one of the most lame coaster concepts of B&M so far. I prefer a inverted, flying or dropcoaster over these. But thats my opinion.

For the ride being build at the Efteling, it looks awesome but to bad the expected layout isn't that long. (Drop in tunnel, immelman, corcscrew/zero-g, helix, hump, brake)
Perhaps the inside section will be more interesting like de vliegende hollander. (waiting part, brake section and part before the lifthill)
I don't think the ride will be boring but for a park with 3 to 4 million visitors each year i would expect something more.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!