Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 178: Carnaval Festival rehab is done
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby BDG » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:29 am

Layout photos, unfortunately only showing the ride's finale.
EftelingDC-RCTLandBouwtekening1.jpg
http://www.rctland.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/208698/Re:_Efteling_bouwt_divecoaster#Post208698
EftelingDC-RCTLandBouwtekening2.jpg
http://www.rctland.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/208698/Re:_Efteling_bouwt_divecoaster#Post208698

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HerpbyDerp » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:29 am

And we have more news, this is going to be the first dive-coaster with no turn between the lift and the drop!

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:23 am

Good thing those watermarks aren't obnoxious or anything.......
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Jeroen_twee » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Yeah, they are better without them.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:58 am

I made some Facts and Theories around the construction drawings.
I have just colored the pictures of RCTLand for some clarity:
A:
B:
This is known simply drawing 1, taken in 2 corners.
Well the purple line (you can see the queue) lies in the same place. As you can see in A is the purple line parallel to the station (black). So B is black parallel to the purple line. May slightly be to the left or right but it comes to the idea of the angle of the direction of the track.
Same counts at drawing A's Helix, the twist and outcome is not entirely true, but look at B you see he runs away anything from the path, hence the angle right here.
The gray (Pad) and green (Water Quay) lines are simply landmarks that you can see that I'm in the right direction.
The orange and dark red are supports footers and filled in, this helps in the 3D viewing on the helix.

Well Theory direction:
I have this picture of myself, the part of the layout drawn about because the angle is not quite correct for.
(Helix and cornering are wrong obviously, but I want to show that just fit on the area.)

Theory:
Many believe the track will go from the Immlemann (which I drawn in Orange for direction and angle) straight to the Helix (featuring a cammelback and a looping) Obvious (as you can see the lines) this couldn't be true as the lift is around 2 stations (I used Krake for measuring), this would mean we go under the highest part not far beyond that. This could be the lay-out:
Station, lift, continue in the drop and tunnel, Immlemann, looping, slightly turn, Cammelback, and finish in the helix. But there may be more to it. Imagine if we go over the ground in a right turn (after the Immlemann) followed by the loop and make a Horse-Shoe turn around 2 cammelbacks into the helix. Just some wishful thinking here.

Source material: RCTland (picture drawings), Myself (photo construction) and Bing maps Satelite (Krake satellite photo).
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Here is my theory about the layout:

(Click for a larger version)

Blue dashed link two pieces of track, but isn't mean to be track itself. The images are not from the same point of view, so...

From what I understood, this ties your ideas RCT3bross. ;)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:26 pm

^ Till certain hights yes. I made with all the information known for sure and the rumors brought with Looopings.nl(known to be correct very often) , that it would feature 2 inversion 1 to be the traditional loop, this top view:
This keeps the 2 station length lift and 1 station lenght tunnel. Then we make the Immelmann, Looping, Slight turn to the left Cammelback into the Helix into the brake.
I have enough information to believe this could be the actual Lay-out. Not so bad if you ask me.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:30 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:I have enough information to believe this could be the actual Lay-out. Not so bad if you ask me.

Not bad at all considering the size of these smaller ones (and dive coasters in general).
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby galahad » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:53 am

If it turns out like the concept (hopefully but I doubt) It will be one awesome ride...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jli7 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:47 pm

My theory for the new dive coaster... with the layout recreate by KingRCT3

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!