Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 178: Carnaval Festival rehab is done
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Efteling has published a new book because of its 60 year anniversary. The book is called 'Zijn we d'r al?' and it's even published in English 'Are we there yet?'

The text at the online webshop:

Holding this book in your hands, you can virtually hear yourself saying 'Are we there yet?'. You can almost feel the excitement generated by a visit to Efteling springing out from its pages. Experience Efteling theme park's fairytales and adventures, sensation and relaxation, amazement and enthusiasm, tranquility and nature, at home on the couch. This unique compilation is packed with beautiful photos and original drawings from the past and the present, enhanced by anecdotes and facts. Each page presents a gift from Efteling. Some of these you can unwrap yourself: stickers, photos, picture postcards, posters, a puzzle based on an original design by Anton Pieck and much more. The very best of sixty years of Efteling, assembled between two covers. Nostalgia and memorabilia for everyone with a fondness of Efteling: children and grandchildren, grandmothers and grandfathers, mums and dads, boyfriends and girlfriends. It gives us great pleasure to invite you all.

English - 208 pages - hardcover - 2012

The book is great, great pictures of the history and present.
I made some pictures of this book.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby d_gil72 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Sven wrote:
Jeroen_twee wrote:
Sven wrote:In my opinion you could better visit the Efteling on friday, because the weekends could be crowded. Summer school brakes are in Holland in July and August but in June their may be some schooltrips visiting the park.

Efteling is not in holland, so I looked it up. The southern parts of the Netherlands, were Efteling is, has their break 30th of June till 12th of August 2012. The other parts of the Netherlands later on.

Haha LOL my mistaken. I think the difernce between Holland and the Netherlands are so old fashioned. Even Six Flags didn't used 'the Netherlands' I think Holland is even common as the netherlands. Only we know the historicaly diference. And not only people of the southern part of the Netherlands visiting the Efteling. ;) But the answer is indeed: their are no school breaks in the Netherlands at the 22nd and 23th of June.

Hi,
you can take a look at my trip report here:
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62976
Thanks again!
gil

I Love Donkeys!

Postby gk2b » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 am

Wet & Efteling has made an improvement in the Water Show ( Aquanura ).
It has more fire, more water & smoke this time! :)

Enjoy!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby coaster-mm » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 am

I have seen the show last saturday and I have to say: big improvement!

On par with Vegas as far as I'm concerned: a bit smaller, but the colours in the evening make up for it.......breathtaking! Bravo Efteling!

Paul

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby julioot » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:11 am

How didnt I find the thread before? Anyway...

This week the city of Kaatsheuvel agreed to change policies on the empte land owned by the Efteling. No plans are yet revealed and both the park and the city have said no future expansion will be expected within the next few years. Still the news is exciting since the empty lot is pretty massive.

Red = Efteling
Yellow = extra parking
Blue = holiday park
Green = possible expansion
Purple = golf course

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 am

^ I can't even watch that fault. Purple and Yellow are completely wrong and I don't want to start about the Missing hotels. :?r
But Good to hear the news of possible expansion. Thats a lot of land and I hope they use it good like a second mini park or waterpark. ;) Just 2 ideas I throw here. :roll:
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:06 am

julioot wrote:How didnt I find the thread before?

If you're wondering whether a park has it's own discussion thread, just check here: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63853. There are links to discussion threads in the TPR Park Index, as well.

Thanks for posting your info here.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 am

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.volkskrant.nl%2Fvk%2Fnl%2F2686%2FBinnenland%2Farticle%2Fdetail%2F3460253%2F2013%2F06%2F17%2FDirecteur-verlaat-de-Efteling.dhtml

Director Bart de Boer stops on 1 September at the Efteling. In consultation with the Supervisory Board decided to terminate his contract makes the amusement park in Kaatsheuvel Monday.

The Efteling says that after a period of very strong growth in the coming years the focus will be on consolidation. "Both parties are confident that this new phase a different kind of leadership requires', stands in a statement.

The announcement comes at a time when the Big Ben gets a lot of criticism from the staff. The company is in a conflict involved with some of the staff about the disappearance of the allowance for work on Sunday.

The Efteling has announced that the departure of the director and the conflict 'genuinely' independent of each other.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fredje » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:36 am

I thought that this is pretty cool so I decided to share it with you.
It's a video of a flashmob in the vekoma madhouse at the Efteling where a choir sings the themesong of the ride.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:43 am

^Okay that was actually quiet cool. Would love to see Alton Towers attempt this with Hex and try to include an orchestra also.

-Craig

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!