Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 178: Carnaval Festival rehab is done
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:33 am

It looks like Robb had fun on Bob(b).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:55 am

Bob likes to bang around a bit, but it was a fun coaster in a beautiful setting (the woods enhanced the ride).

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:33 pm

So this weekend is the last for the Bob and I decided to go 2 days instead of my usual 1.
The park has been cutting trees down near the ride and this gives a whole new look on the Bob.
The station of the Bob that will be reused for Max and Moritz.
This really opens up the place. Looks very strange.
Just felt like making these.
Clear look the lift from every angle.
While the Trees where beautiful in the experience of the ride without them the ride looks more beautiful.
People where queuing up for a last ride.
One from the single rider queue.
When it rains the ride stops and it was for me a reason to call it a day. Tomorrow are the last rounds of this rare ride and I will be there.

Edit (9-9-2019): Pictures from 9-1-2019 Closing day:
Prep work was done.
Flag hangin on the operator booth with opening and closing date.
Lots of traffic jams at the exit. :p
As a T-Shirt collector I was happy with this shirt.
These little flags where handed to people all day, there where moments no bob left without everybody waving them around. At the end of the day the track was full of them.
A not so good onride shot, but if you look at the inside of the turn you might see a couple of flags.
Without the trees this is how open it looked.
For my last ride I took the regular queue to see the decorations for the last day.
As I was waiting for my last ride it broke down for a minute or two, it just had to happen the last day. :lmao:
Red carpet at the exit as the ride was getting ready to close down.
Half an hour before the regular queue closed the single rider queue already was shut.
My last picture of the ride.
A small gathering before the queue got closed for good.
Closing the gate.
And the end of the Bob 1985 - 2019
A small party was going on near the exit when the queue was closed.
Last edited by RCT3Bross on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:52 pm.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 pm

I'm kinda sad to see Bob go, even if its demise has been a long time coming. Efteling was (and still is) on my to-do list and Bob was one of the rides I was hoping to try out, especially since it's the only one of its kind on this side of the Atlantic. Oh well.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Wow! So weird to see it without all of the trees! I thought Bob was SO much fun—way more fun than it looks, and I’m sad to see such a unique ride go. Here’s to hoping the replacement coasters are even more fun...and that they replace all of the trees!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:57 pm

^Yeah, that's a really crazy difference!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:08 pm

I added the pictures of the closing day to the previous post.

^^ Those Trees will be back, I have no fear when it comes to that with the Efteling.
As the ride gets taken down these days some things of note also happend. The queue is also destroyed, people expected that the queue would be reused with Max + Moritz but no it got sold on the internet (People where able to by the log posts that made up the queue for 50 Euro per log.)
Also I guess this wasn't mentioned here before but we also know that the new Fairy Tale, The Six Swans, will open September 28th, they are testing the ride aspect.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Evan-500 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:55 pm

It just dawned on me! I am going to Amsterdam March 13-18! I always heard Efteling is amazing.... should I be making this a must do? Can I do a day trip where I come down, and get back to Amsterdam the same day? Is it worth it in March? Help!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

^ I had a car in the Netherlands, so I'm not sure what your transit situation is like. The park is massive in terms of land. That combined with it being a pretty busy day meant I had to cut things out. I had almost 8 hours there for reference. I'd definitely say go there though. It's a beautiful and well-themed park even if you can't quite see everything in a single day.

It's crazy how quickly they removed the trees around Bob. I rode it just two weeks before that and it seemed well covered minus the field to the right of the lift.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Hermanus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:34 am

Evan-500 wrote:It just dawned on me! I am going to Amsterdam March 13-18! I always heard Efteling is amazing.... should I be making this a must do? Can I do a day trip where I come down, and get back to Amsterdam the same day? Is it worth it in March? Help!

Wheter or not you should visit the park it up to you, if you're a huge thrill/coaster fan the park may not offer what you seek. If you love a good atmosphere, fairytales and darkrides you're in the right spot. I only know that each time I come back to the park after visiting Phantasialand/Disneyland I'm surprised by how good the park looks.

About going there, the park is very easy to reach with public transport. The journey should take about two hours, which includes the train from Amsterdam Central and the bus from 'sHertogenbosch. If you are in the Netherlands, Google Maps added almost all publiuc transport, but there also is https://9292.nl/en which got me round the country in my time as a student.

TLDR: if you like a good atmosphere and a beautiful park go there. Two hour single way with public transport.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!