Parks Coasters and Rides in Movies and TV

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Parks Coasters and Rides in Movies and TV

Postby GCITroy0607 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:24 am

DILinator wrote:I just watched the recent Tom Hanks movie "Hologram for a King" (kind of a "meh" movie if you ask me), and right at the beginning there are a couple of shots of Hanks riding some wooden coaster in a bizarre and seemingly pointless opening sequence. Anybody know what coaster it is?

Pretty sure that this is the Bandit at Movie Park Germany

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:46 am

GCITroy0607 wrote:
DILinator wrote:I just watched the recent Tom Hanks movie "Hologram for a King" (kind of a "meh" movie if you ask me), and right at the beginning there are a couple of shots of Hanks riding some wooden coaster in a bizarre and seemingly pointless opening sequence. Anybody know what coaster it is?

Pretty sure that this is the Bandit at Movie Park Germany

Yes! I just checked it out, and I believe you are right! The seat backs are very distinctive. Thanks!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 am

In the most recent vacation they used ninja at six flags over Georgia. And in one of the final destination movies they used corkscrew at playland at pne
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ericthewanderer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:00 pm

I just remembered a movie I saw on cable a few years ago:"3 Ninjas High Noon At Mega Mountain".It was filmed at the new version of Elitch Gardens,but edited to look like it was an ocean side park;I think the "ocean view" of the park was filmed at Belmont Park.The movie gets even wierder:Hulk Hogan plays a washed-up TV star,and the park is taken over by terrorists who are led by Loni Anderson and that Ernest guy from all those old 1980's commercials.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Took me a little bit to find what ride it was, but I'm 99% sure that Turbulence at AdventureLand Long Island appears at the end of the finale of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:16 pm

A lot of television shows that film in Vancouver, have used Playland(PNE) and Coaster in one or more scenes through the years. i.e Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, Supernatural, Gotham, The X Files, Fringe, Once Upon A Time, Smallville, The L Word...

Too many to count and remember. I am trying to find an Ultimate List that does list all the films and tv shows
that used Coaster particularly in one episode, or more. Still hunting!

PNE wrote:For over 100 years the PNE at Hasting Park has been the location for countless movie, TV and commercial productions. Our location within the city of Vancouver is the only location with an array of adaptable buildings including facilities and studio space, scenic settings and unique building settings, green space, a 9-acre amusement park and ample on-site parking.

At least now I know, how large Playland actually is (only 9 acres?).
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:57 pm

Hellfest was filmed at six flags white water near Atlanta.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Giant Dipper appears in the Bumblebee movie as well as the park and Coney Island appears in Spiderman Homecoming.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:21 pm

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but there was a recent Goldbergs episode that completely focused on a school trip to Hersheypark. The two main characters rode Sooperdooperlooper as their first coaster (the show takes place in the 80s) and the reactions are pretty hilarious!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!