Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Those last few posts are a really long-winded way to say "understaffing and budget cuts that they can pass off as something else". Honestly at this point it wouldn't bother me since I'm just happy to be riding anything but let's also call this what it is. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:02 pm.

Can I park my donkey here?

Location: Lake Lanier, specifically one of those tiny islands in the middle.

Postby GameShibe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:20 pm

maybe i'll try to go next year lads, this year is not worth it.
"Baby Baby don't look so sad, there's gonna be a better tomorrow" - Mariya Takeuchi

oh and i used to have a signature image but i guess that's gone now rip

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Honestly, the more I think about it, I’m in the same boat. I can handle wearing a mask all day, but I know how much the reduced capacity operations would frustrate me, and if I can only ride half as much as a normally would be able to, I just don’t see a visit to a park being worth it.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Krandor » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Went again to SFoG today with good and bad reports. The good is the new re-themed Gotham city is really great The new rides are ok but nothing awesome. As we know they are both basically carnival rides but it does with Gotham an amazing number of rides. 2 coasters, the swing ride, the joker loop and 3 carnival rides which is a lot for that area.

The bad news is the cleanliness has aleady dropped off. When I was there 2 weeks ago on MM they were trying to wipe down boats all the time. Didn't see that once today. Last time when I was at JBs when somebody got up somebody was right there to clean the table. Not anymore. A lot more people not wearing masks or not properly and little enforcement. and many guests ignoring the social distancing markers. I did bail early today but not due to covid/sanitation issues but it was just so hot especially with a mask I couldn't do it past around 3 or 4.

I loved what they did week 1 when I was there. Not impressed this week by both guests and employees.

Tomorrow I'm going to white water and I'm not sure what to expect after six flags today but If I'm not happy with what I see I'll bail early.

I'll post something tomorrow about how WW looks. Slides shouldn't be an issues but wave pool/lazy river I want to see what they are going to do.

Can I park my donkey here?

Location: Lake Lanier, specifically one of those tiny islands in the middle.

Postby GameShibe » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:51 pm

Six Flags has began running their Spotify Ad Campaign telling us they're open.... 1 day, rest of the year free... not taking the bait; nice try.
"Baby Baby don't look so sad, there's gonna be a better tomorrow" - Mariya Takeuchi

oh and i used to have a signature image but i guess that's gone now rip

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Krandor » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Went to six flags white water today and was overall not impressed.

For the two big items - wave pool and lazy river. No tubes for either. Lazy River was closed. There was a spot with a sign about how to use lazy river and social distancing markers but it was not open while I was there. The wave pool was open. However you had to go through this chute with barriers on the side so was only one entrance point to the pool. A lifeguard at that entrance would let people into the pool. At first I thought it was going to be when people leave more people can go in but it was actually more every 15-20 minutes they wave pool would close for "safety check" though I never saw anybody check anything and was basically empty the pool and let new people come in. The good part was they had the rope WAY out (was on maybe the second hook) so you could swim into the real deep areas of the pool. They did have waves but the intentity was toned way now.

I'm more a water slider person and when I got there they had body flumes by what used to be rapids running but only 2 of them (not 3) and the junior lizard slide. Where rapids was is just torn down and nothing build there yet. They opened at noon. Around 2:30 they closed all the slides in this area. Not sure why but they even turned off the water and put barriers up at entrance and exit.

When you go up from that, they had dragon's tail and blackwater falls running but all the rube rides above BWF were closed and you couldn't go beyond BWF. Yahoo Racers was open but had to go down the other path to get there.

They did have the multi-person tube rides like bahama bobsled, typhoon twister, and tornado open.

I went by myself and left shortly after they closed the slides by rapids and there was lighting in the ares which shut everything down. But at that points as a solo person my only options were a 20 minute wave pool shift (then leave and re-queue), dragons tail, blackwater falls, and wahoo racers. Just not enough to stay around for.

Since so little was open as the day went on crowds increases in areas around chairs/recliners and so forth because there were not enough things to accept crowds and give them things to do.

Allowed capcity reservatuions was too low for what was open and then closing slides in the middle of the day only made things worse.

The main kid play area was open but the area around where the bucket drops water on people that complex was shut down.

On the plus side, they did require masks when entering and did have the walk though temp scanner and walk through bag check which was great. I did talk to one of the managers while waiting to enter ( rope drop crowd was big so I went and sat in a "mask free" zone to wait instead of standing in rope drop crowd) and he said the rules they have given their people are if somebody is wet don't ask about mask since they might be going from one body of water to another but if somebody is just walking around without a mask a dry then do ask them to put one on. They also have signs saying that in food lines masks are required.

My overall opinion especialy on July 4th - too few things open (and then adding to issues by closing things in the middle of the day) for the number of people allowed in. Created too many crowds of people with nowhere to go. They are trying but execution left a lot to be desired. I left with the impression they were trying to keep staffing as low as possible be that for cost reasons or because they just don't have enough people on staff yet I don't know It felt more like staffing issues then safety issues.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:40 pm

does anyone have pics of new Gotham with the new rides?

would love to see how they look in the area (as well as the refurbed Harley Quinn)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tndank » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Starting to cut some hours. Now closed on Thursdays after this week.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:18 pm

Here's some footage from last weekend https://youtu.be/IANvZIxAKVM?t=109

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:44 pm

Good lord that voiceover is just awful.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!