Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:04 am

So do we think this park will open in a few weeks? My park travels got ruined in April and May and I am trying to scrap together a couple now. Atlanta airport is so easy for flights so I wanna check this park out in June if possible.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Krandor » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 am

grsupercity wrote:So do we think this park will open in a few weeks? My park travels got ruined in April and May and I am trying to scrap together a couple now. Atlanta airport is so easy for flights so I wanna check this park out in June if possible.

My guess would be that texas and georgia will be the next two parks to open. So if things at frontier city go well in a few days i could see a mid-late june for texas and georgia. Complete speculation though

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Lotologist492 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced he is allowing amusement parks to reopen as early as June 12 (Friday). It remains to be seen if that date is when SFoG and White Water actually do open. IMHO the park (and really any other park) planning on reopening should do so on a Monday. This will keep the attendance very light and give the park a chance to see what works and what does not as attendance gradually ramps up toward the weekend.

Postby Krandor » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:36 pm

Lotologist492 wrote:Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced he is allowing amusement parks to reopen as early as June 12 (Friday). It remains to be seen if that date is when SFoG and White Water actually do open. IMHO the park (and really any other park) planning on reopening should do so on a Monday. This will keep the attendance very light and give the park a chance to see what works and what does not as attendance gradually ramps up toward the weekend.

My opinion is they will open close to that date. SFoG is the biggest theme park in the state so no way he made this decision without talking to them.

They may push it to monday to say they are going above and beyond but by June 15th SFoG will be open. Hurricane harbor and white water I'm not so sure. Lazy River and Wave Pools are crowded normally....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:44 pm

SFOG was one of the parks originally on my 2020 Coaster Extravaganza (RIP), so I am definitely interested in seeing how things go there, as we just might go on down, assuming that I keep my SF passes active this year, instead of just writing it off and waiting until next year. Still haven't ever been, and I'd love to check it out!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Krandor » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:06 pm

DILinator wrote:SFOG was one of the parks originally on my 2020 Coaster Extravaganza (RIP), so I am definitely interested in seeing how things go there, as we just might go on down, assuming that I keep my SF passes active this year, instead of just writing it off and waiting until next year. Still haven't ever been, and I'd love to check it out!
It’s a good park. I plan to go shortly after they open and If it’s not already here will post pics of what things look like.

I have a season flash pass in addition to my membership so assuming all that stays the same I should be able to easily social distance.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby The username » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:05 am

It's a fantastic experience if you go on the right day, other times it can be the most frustrating day you've had in a long while.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoMeDyDuDe619 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:20 am

When they do open, they'll need to open the morning 2 sides further out to distance people more. opening only to TC and GS is too closed in. or they can just open ALL sections at once spread everyone immediately. :)

Postby Krandor » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 am

CoMeDyDuDe619 wrote:When they do open, they'll need to open the morning 2 sides further out to distance people more. opening only to TC and GS is too closed in. or they can just open ALL sections at once spread everyone immediately. :)

That is why reservations to the park are going to not be just for a date but also a time so everybody isn't hitting the gates at the same time.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Just saw on Facebook that the ride supervisors went back to work today! Exciting news!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!