Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Location: West Michigan
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:04 am

So do we think this park will open in a few weeks? My park travels got ruined in April and May and I am trying to scrap together a couple now. Atlanta airport is so easy for flights so I wanna check this park out in June if possible.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?
 
Posts: 146
Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Krandor » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 am

grsupercity wrote:So do we think this park will open in a few weeks? My park travels got ruined in April and May and I am trying to scrap together a couple now. Atlanta airport is so easy for flights so I wanna check this park out in June if possible.


My guess would be that texas and georgia will be the next two parks to open. So if things at frontier city go well in a few days i could see a mid-late june for texas and georgia. Complete speculation though

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!
User avatar
 
Posts: 182
Joined: 21 May 2017
Location: Woodstock, GA
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lotologist492 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced he is allowing amusement parks to reopen as early as June 12 (Friday). It remains to be seen if that date is when SFoG and White Water actually do open. IMHO the park (and really any other park) planning on reopening should do so on a Monday. This will keep the attendance very light and give the park a chance to see what works and what does not as attendance gradually ramps up toward the weekend.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?
 
Posts: 146
Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Krandor » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:36 pm

Lotologist492 wrote:Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced he is allowing amusement parks to reopen as early as June 12 (Friday). It remains to be seen if that date is when SFoG and White Water actually do open. IMHO the park (and really any other park) planning on reopening should do so on a Monday. This will keep the attendance very light and give the park a chance to see what works and what does not as attendance gradually ramps up toward the weekend.


My opinion is they will open close to that date. SFoG is the biggest theme park in the state so no way he made this decision without talking to them.

They may push it to monday to say they are going above and beyond but by June 15th SFoG will be open. Hurricane harbor and white water I'm not so sure. Lazy River and Wave Pools are crowded normally....

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 2722
Joined: 21 Jun 2015
Location: Lansing, MI
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:44 pm

SFOG was one of the parks originally on my 2020 Coaster Extravaganza (RIP), so I am definitely interested in seeing how things go there, as we just might go on down, assuming that I keep my SF passes active this year, instead of just writing it off and waiting until next year. Still haven't ever been, and I'd love to check it out!
Image

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?
 
Posts: 146
Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Krandor » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:06 pm

DILinator wrote:SFOG was one of the parks originally on my 2020 Coaster Extravaganza (RIP), so I am definitely interested in seeing how things go there, as we just might go on down, assuming that I keep my SF passes active this year, instead of just writing it off and waiting until next year. Still haven't ever been, and I'd love to check it out!
It’s a good park. I plan to go shortly after they open and If it’s not already here will post pics of what things look like.

I have a season flash pass in addition to my membership so assuming all that stays the same I should be able to easily social distance.

What's with the donkeys anyway?
 
Posts: 67
Joined: 04 Mar 2019
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby The username » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:05 am

It's a fantastic experience if you go on the right day, other times it can be the most frustrating day you've had in a long while.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 26 Aug 2015
Location: Powder Springs, Ga.
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby CoMeDyDuDe619 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:20 am

When they do open, they'll need to open the morning 2 sides further out to distance people more. opening only to TC and GS is too closed in. or they can just open ALL sections at once spread everyone immediately. :)
Image

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?
 
Posts: 146
Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Krandor » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 am

CoMeDyDuDe619 wrote:When they do open, they'll need to open the morning 2 sides further out to distance people more. opening only to TC and GS is too closed in. or they can just open ALL sections at once spread everyone immediately. :)


That is why reservations to the park are going to not be just for a date but also a time so everybody isn't hitting the gates at the same time.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.
User avatar
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Location: KY -> Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Just saw on Facebook that the ride supervisors went back to work today! Exciting news!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron