Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby tndank » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:55 pm

I'm going with YES since it says you can when buying.

"Pass card must be picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia or Six Flags White Water..."

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby hagwar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 am

SFOG1991 wrote:
hagwar wrote:Before I call and ask tomorrow I'd thought I'd ask here first please. Does anyone know if we can activate our 2020 SFOG season passes over at White Water? If so does this count for the upgrade us to gold, benies, etc?

Thanks!

I’m almost positive you can activate at either park and get all your benefits just fine. I think it says that somewhere in the long season pass purchasing page on their site.

tndank wrote:I'm going with YES since it says you can when buying.

"Pass card must be picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia or Six Flags White Water..."

Thanks. I called just to make usre and they said it was fine to activate at White Water. In the Season Pass printout it says:

Use by 9/29/19 to receive free Gold and parking. Pass card must be picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia or White Water before visiting other parks.

Then directly below it says:

Gold upgrade will expire if your pass card is not picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia by 9/29/19. No mention of White Water.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby tndank » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 am

Nice. That's saves you a ton of time.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:29 pm

I don't know what the deal was but when I went to the park on Sunday (9/8) it was PACKED. Twisted Cyclone was closed all day (or atleast from noon when I arrived till about 4pm when I left). Acrophobia went down as I was in line and it also stayed closed for the rest of the day. As I was leaving, I saw maintenance riding the catch-car up to the top. Considering how hot it was, I believe something up there may have overheated.

The SFRR was still closed as well. Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

We only rode Batman and Goliath before the heat became too much to handle.

There also was alot of confusion when trying to get food. If anyone plans on upgrading or adding perks onto their passes or memberships, make sure you go to the gate afterwards to have your pass scanned before attempting to use any of the add-ons. Especially the dining plans. There were guests constantly holding up the lines because their dining plans weren't activated. If a pass is not scanned at the gate, you can't use the pass in the park. And arguing with the cashier isn't going to make the pass work. I'm surprised that they weren't told to have the pass scanned at the gate while they were getting it processed. When I upgraded my membership, that was one of the first things I was told.

I didn't make it to the back of the park but I'm sure it was crowded back there as well. I knew it was going to be an upsetting day when I saw the queue house for Monster Mansion almost completely full.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Postby hagwar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Seddy wrote:I don't know what the deal was but when I went to the park on Sunday (9/8) it was PACKED. Twisted Cyclone was closed all day (or atleast from noon when I arrived till about 4pm when I left). Acrophobia went down as I was in line and it also stayed closed for the rest of the day. As I was leaving, I saw maintenance riding the catch-car up to the top. Considering how hot it was, I believe something up there may have overheated.

The SFRR was still closed as well. Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

We only rode Batman and Goliath before the heat became too much to handle.

There also was alot of confusion when trying to get food. If anyone plans on upgrading or adding perks onto their passes or memberships, make sure you go to the gate afterwards to have your pass scanned before attempting to use any of the add-ons. Especially the dining plans. There were guests constantly holding up the lines because their dining plans weren't activated. If a pass is not scanned at the gate, you can't use the pass in the park. And arguing with the cashier isn't going to make the pass work. I'm surprised that they weren't told to have the pass scanned at the gate while they were getting it processed. When I upgraded my membership, that was one of the first things I was told.

I didn't make it to the back of the park but I'm sure it was crowded back there as well. I knew it was going to be an upsetting day when I saw the queue house for Monster Mansion almost completely full.

Sunday 9/8 (as well as 9/15) is a bring a friend for free day which is why it was packed.

I agree about maintenance lacking this year. I'm still 0-2 for Spinsanity both times while in line. One was for biological and the other was mechanical. I was at White Water last Sunday and it was pretty quite until the church goers started to arrive around 12:30. White Water had a bunch of rides closed until 12:30 which is crap.

One thing I have to give SFOG credit for this year is how much easier it is to get a refill.

Postby hagwar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:05 pm

I was thinking about this the other day, would you rather Six Flags not add anything for 2-3 years to save up enough for a bigger attraction or do you like the yearly flat additions adds?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Seddy wrote:
Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

they are going there.

the sign notes that the two new rides will be joining the Gotham line up along with the "rebuilt" Spinsanity.

if I had to guess? they are going with the next Gen Tilt-A-Whirl, like the one that SFFT has (also called Spinsanity).. thos things spin a TON.

yeah, it's odd seeing the ride with no cars on it tho, and only the "hoods"

these pics are from 9/2
IMG_8910.JPG
IMG_8911.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 pm

I wonder if they are going to move HQ over by the two new rides. It is just kind of shoved into that corner.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:24 pm

It’s just at the Batman exit / gift ship

And also where mindbender exits

So I’d think it would stay right there.

But ya never know
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:36 pm

What do you guys think this park could feasibly get in the future? I am talking in terms of coasters and not flat rides. I personally would love to see a nice custom coaster maybe from Intamin show up here but it is very unlikely that will happen. Just curious of others opinions.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!