Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lotologist492 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:42 pm

The addition to White Water sounds exciting. I did make an interesting observation: the "python" in the logo of Python Plunge is IDENTICAL to the "viper" in the new Vipere ride going to La Ronde! That is vintage Six Flags right there...they are masters of recycling and reusing everything, from old ride buildings and fixtures, all the way down to logos!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby The username » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:18 pm

Lol didn't notice that!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoMeDyDuDe619 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:25 pm

SFOG1991 wrote:Yeah I didn’t pay close attention this morning so I was excited to see a water coaster finally in the Atlanta area, but no. It’ll still be a good slide. Maybe Hurricane Harbor will get one eventually!

Hurricane Harbor was supposed to have already gotten 2 additions last year. They do still have plans to expand it beyond Superman. However, I'm not sure when it will happen.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:43 pm

I'm sure they still have plans. However as we've seen, no additions are being made at this time to HH.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:09 pm

The username wrote:Batman will remove your head if you enter his premises without permission.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Lotologist492 wrote:The addition to White Water sounds exciting. I did make an interesting observation: the "python" in the logo of Python Plunge is IDENTICAL to the "viper" in the new Vipere ride going to La Ronde! That is vintage Six Flags right there...they are masters of recycling and reusing everything, from old ride buildings and fixtures, all the way down to logos!

I wonder if 'Swamp Water Jack' will return as well? I loved that dude! Anyone else remember him??

--While I have mixed feelings about our two upcoming attractions, I am happy we are not getting a 4D Free-Spin. Someone asked if the scrambler is the one they used for Shake'm (Shake, Rattle & Roll's nickname for employees). My guess is yes, especially considering the fact that I saw a couple of boats from Splash Waterfalls in the 'boneyard' during my last visit. I believe one of Free Fall's cars is back there too. I'm assuming that they tried to sell it and couldn't, so they made the best out of the situation and gave us 2 'new' rides instead of one. It would be nice if they enclosed it again and gave us a 'green' theme to go with it, but thats asking for too much from Six Flags. :roll:

This upgraded version of The Wheelie sounds like fun though. I wasn't a big fan of The Wheelie but it was a classic and I'm sure it's going to be loved by those that rode 'the original'. I can't wait to give it a spin (no pun intended).

With that being said... I feel some type of way about the Axis Arena going away. Although they haven't used it as intended for atleast a decade, I did enjoy the Fright Fest use of it. It's going to be a little sad for me not to walk through it this year but it is what it is. :(

NOW.. If Six Flags really want's to impress us, I say they should bring Batman back to its former glory. I'm talking opening day! The chasing lights in the floor as the train is being dispatched, the 'dispatch tune' that used to play as the floor dropped, the mist spraying from the sides as the train is being advanced back into the station, the police car returning, and fixing the spinning fan with the lights behind it in the queue. These things made our Batman stand out from the rest of the clones. I'm sure it wont happen but it would be a a nice 'surprise' along with the Gotham City additions.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:13 pm

CoasterGuy06 wrote:
Can this please be a refurbishment of Mindbender so that it can go back to regularly running two trains again? Please ?

It was running two trains today. Basically a walk on too

Surprised to discover on ride photos on it too
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby The username » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:23 am

Love the on-ride photos, glad that 3 coaster have them now instead of just Goliath a couple of years ago.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 pm

yeah, got pics on Goliath, Twisted Cyclone, and Mindbender.

didn't notice cameras on anything else.

was a very slow day for a National Holiday - I guess fear of it being packed kept a lot of folks away, or the heat, kept the crowd in the waterpark section.

the Platinum Flashpass was $100, so I decided to skip getting it, and it worked out fine for me.
the only two things with sizable lines that I saw were Scorcher (the new paint really does look amazing), and the Log Flume - both of which I skipped due to the lines (and having been on them both before).

one thing to point out to folks not aware: both Twisted Cyclone and Goliath have single rider lines in the station. Yes, you have to wait in the general boarding line, but the moment you get in the station, look for the single rider sign (before the front row queues). . . i got place back row & Mid train on TC, and pretty much a station wait for Goliath front row after a really short line anyways.

heck, the crowd was so light, I even rode DareDevil Dive, a coaster I didn't care for when I first rode it last year. I think I waited MAYBE 12 minutes? and went for front row. Being able to see the transitions and be ready for them? I liked the coaster way more than i had in my prior visit.

my main goal was hitting what I had missed on the prior visit due to them being down: the Train, Joker Funhouse Coaster (a fun rollerskater layout), and Acrophobia (x3.. . loved this. . . even if the tilt was much less than I had expected and think I prefer Falcon's Fury for this style of Drop Tower. But very good).

Pandemonium had a shortish line, that would have moved faster if it hadn't gone down twice while I was in line - both times because people were pulling down on the restraints. The main Ride Op even started announcing "Do NOT pull down the restraint! you will break the ride, and we'll have to wait to get it running again!"

great day at the park yesterday overall, and glad I made the decision to blow off the Monday of Dragon*con to go to SFOG
Last edited by bert425 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:36 pm

^ The Log Flume also has an on-ride photo. Superman had one at the bottom of the pretzel loop but they removed it - probably because they weren’t selling many photos. Batman also had one for like one year, maybe two.

During my Ride-Op days I was convinced that alot of guests leave their brains in the parking lot. No matter how many times they repeat ‘Do not pull down’ or ‘Do not sit or stand on the handrails’ those words go in one ear and come right out of the other one. And then they are usually the main ones to complain about the long lines. Smh
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Lotologist492 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:44 am

Seddy wrote:I wonder if 'Swamp Water Jack' will return as well? I loved that dude! Anyone else remember him??

With that being said... I feel some type of way about the Axis Arena going away. Although they haven't used it as intended for atleast a decade, I did enjoy the Fright Fest use of it. It's going to be a little sad for me not to walk through it this year but it is what it is. :(

I remember Swampwater Jack and that very elaborate queue for the Viper. The entrance to that ride was more entertaining than the coaster itself lol. And after riding and re-riding Viper over and over, (it was a people-eater and almost always a walk-on), his voice got stuck in my head on many occasions!

I believe Axis Arena will be utilized for this year's Fright Fest before it comes down, so you have one more chance to walk through this once grand venue of Gotham.

Agreed, Monday was a great day at the park for short ride lines. Dining locations were another story though. It was nice to see Thunder River still open. This time last year it was already closed for the season so they could convert the queue to a haunt. Lots of Fright Fest props installed already; overheard park management as they walked by discussing plans for Fright Fest i.e., where to put certain elements, etc.

Looking forward to a couple more pre-Fright Fest visits. It looks like Sponsor Day has been moved to Saturday November 23rd, so there will not be a Saturday in September when the park is mysteriously closed to the public.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!