Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby richwoodrocket » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:16 am

boldikus wrote:
richwoodrocket wrote: to replace the countless aging log flumes

watch yourmouth.gif

Most of them are nearing the end of their lives, going on 30-40 years old. Gotta happen someday, and many of them have been removed lately.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby The username » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:05 pm

If Busch Gardens Williamsburg was able to save Le Scoot then six flags can do the same for theirs.(Not saying that they will)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:20 am

^ Six Flags has replaced pretty much every single piece of the Great Adventure log flume over the last 5 years or so. It's basically a brand new ride.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:43 am

There's a ton of new wood on the structure of the log flume this year. It's being taken care of.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:58 pm

I know we all like to crap on Six Flags for many things, but one thing I really credit them for is their efforts to maintain classics. They have several '70s Schwarzkopf coasters still in operation like Revolution, Mind Bender, Shockwave, and Whizzer, plus several flume rides, an Arrow Suspended, several Arrow loopers, a few sky rides, etc. Props to them!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:51 pm

If Six Flags wants to keep an old ride running well they will. Rides like Mindbender, Whizzer, and Wild One prove that they know how to care of older rides. However, there's no telling which rides will get their TLC vs. which they'd rather give the ax.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoMeDyDuDe619 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:18 am

Thunder River could use a make-over. the tunnels need working water falls and random auto water cannons. Maybe fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo solely for those who whine that they have to carry on all of their items and wanna give away their money instead of bring ppl who don't wanna get wet that day.

Postby jynx242 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:20 am

Couple of things - My 3 year old little coaster buddy is finally tall enough for the Mine Train, so we rode it 6 times last Sunday. I know I'm showing my age here, but does anyone remember when they ran 4 trains on this? I don't think they even have 4 trains for it any more :)

Also - when did they decide to not open the front part of the park early? I usually get there around opening with him and the last few visits it is just a $%*#show. Several hundred people waiting (with no shade.) The "Diamond Elite uber special secret entrance takes at least twice as long as the regular gates and security is slower than ever. It's just super frustrating and not the best way to start your day at the park.

Don't get me wrong - I still have a great time and this is now our Sunday "thing" that we do - He asks every day when I pick him up at daycare if we are going to Six Flags and that makes me smile.

David - need to go for a grown up day soon though- McCollum

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kyndmusic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:12 pm

The time change for the front of the park must have happened in the last few weeks. It seems to me the early entry would allow people to start spending their money sooner but the park must have other ideas.

jynx242 wrote:Couple of things - My 3 year old little coaster buddy is finally tall enough for the Mine Train, so we rode it 6 times last Sunday. I know I'm showing my age here, but does anyone remember when they ran 4 trains on this? I don't think they even have 4 trains for it any more :)

Also - when did they decide to not open the front part of the park early? I usually get there around opening with him and the last few visits it is just a $%*#show. Several hundred people waiting (with no shade.) The "Diamond Elite uber special secret entrance takes at least twice as long as the regular gates and security is slower than ever. It's just super frustrating and not the best way to start your day at the park.

Don't get me wrong - I still have a great time and this is now our Sunday "thing" that we do - He asks every day when I pick him up at daycare if we are going to Six Flags and that makes me smile.

David - need to go for a grown up day soon though- McCollum

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Lotologist492 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Just visited the park Saturday for the first time in a few weeks. I was only there a few hours at the end of the day but am planning a full day tomorrow. I was in the area and thought I would look for hints of project 2020, paying close attention to the Splashwater Falls area. Alas - nothing has changed, no survey markings, etc. Also I am quite surprised the park has not added an entrance sign for ScreamPunk coming from the Piedmont section. I know this area is very underdeveloped and am sure there is much more to come.

Which got me thinking about what may be coming next year. I share a popular theory that the park will likely add an S&S 4D Free Spin coaster as it seems to fit well in the former Splashwater Falls area. However, while that type of ride would fit, the size and height of such a coaster would be lost in the tree line. In fact, the only real clear view of this ride in that location would be from an angle, and it would seem to me that such a ride would look much better in the open area behind Pandemonium.

What if the new attraction coming to the SWF area is NOT a coaster? (The park could still receive a coaster in 2020 but maybe not in that spot - with the aforementioned lack of survey markers there.) There is a rumor going around that SF Fiesta could possibly receive a Zamperla NebulaZ model - and there is a video of a similar installation in Luna Park. I have to say this is one cool and fun looking flat ride! This type of ride would fit in PERFECTLY with the ScreamPunk theme with all the gears and such. And - it would fit in the space where SWF sits, thus taking on a ScreamPunk-themed name. For arguements sake, if such a ride were to get a DC theme, with its proximity to other DC attractions, it could receive a Cyborg theme too.

Speculation season is here! Let's enjoy every minute of it!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!