Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby jynx242 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:31 am

I was able to attend the Member Event for Pandemonium yesterday. Such a fun ride and a very solid addition to the park.

Rode Scream Machine for the first time this year. The plus is that it was flying and there was abundant airtime - the negative is that there are some planet sized potholes at the bottom of a couple of the drops that were pretty brutal (still rode it twice though :) )

David

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby The username » Fri May 24, 2019 10:51 am

Was present yesterday for the ERT on Pandemonium, and arrived at the park right after opening. It was a little crowded in the morning, however this was not reflected in the operations at the park. All but Miners Cook House was closed in the Lickskillet/Screampunk area, both Thunder River and the Log Jamboree were closed, as well as Blue Hawk, and worst of all, the Sky Buckets were not open either. And it was HOT! We decided to leave the park and return after getting some lunch, and the change was like night and day! All rides open besides Log Jamboree and Sky Buckets, station waits for everything, and plenty of overcast weather. Got 2 rides in on Pandemonium, one midday and one "night," and I'm digging it, super fun ride! We stayed till closing and got a good sunset ride on Goliath. Overall great day!
IMG_20190523_120023897_HDR (1).jpg
Seeing Pandemonium from the top of the hill really puts everything in perspective.
IMG_20190523_161457551_HDR.jpg
The lack of a shade canopy for the Que makes waiting in the hot sun terrible, though the infrastructure is there.
IMG_20190523_161756764.jpg
Riders are counted and corralled before riding.
IMG_20190523_162234325_HDR.jpg
Pandemonium looks amazing.
IMG_20190523_182613883_HDR.jpg
All the neon on the Mind Bender sign is working and it looks AWESOME!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby tndank » Sat May 25, 2019 5:19 pm

I did the 5k this morning which was nice running around the backside and through the park. Stayed after until around 1:30. It was pretty much dead. Got in 12 rides I think and never waited more than 5 minutes. I figured it would be packed and I'd leave well before noon. Ended up being a great day.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Lotologist492 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 pm

Me and my friends braved the heat and had one of our longest days at the park in a while. It was almost like attending a second 'grand opening' as the park officially kicks off full time summer operations with the opening of Pandemonium and Hurricane Harbor. All in all - it was a great day albeit HOT!

Food lines were not bad at all. It may just be the improvements the park is trying to make in the food and beverage service are for real. I never had to wait longer than a minute or two to refill my drinks - and today that was important!

Hurricane Harbor was somewhat a flop as the wave pool remained closed for the final 3 hours of the day. The Diamond/Elite seating area has been relocated to the area directly at the foot of the wave pool and not underneath Tsunami Surge. We had reservations and the attendant just let us right in. No scanning or wristbands. However it was a free-for-all as the seating area was full with no one really enforcing anything. As one would imagine with the heat, the area was extremely crowded. Fortunately the Skull/Paradise Island was fully open so we cooled off there. In spite of the wave pool woes, the new paint and décor at the head of the pool looks nice.

Now...on to PANDEMONIUM! Although we rode a copy of this ride in SFoT (Riddler's Revenge), I forgot how wicked and fun this ride was! And when the sun went down, the lighting package on this thing is amazing!

There were a few more set pieces added to the Screampunk District area but it still seems under-themed. There is so much more potential for this cool theme. The area immediately around Pandemonium looks really nice though.

Overall, the park was not too terribly busy. The heat surely played a role and once Hurricane Harbor closed for the day, many guests headed for the exit. We got in lots of station waits after dark. The staff were very friendly and considering they have to wear long pants and uniform for hours in the heat, that is impressive.

Tomorrow we head to White Water. Happy Memorial Day!
20190526_161126.jpg
Crowded Hurricane Harbor
20190526_161114.jpg
Wave pool closed but nice looking refresh paint job!
20190526_155029.jpg
Here's what we really came for!
20190526_155017.jpg
Inside the shaded portion of the Pandemonium queue house, formerly Thomas Town train station!
20190526_154911.jpg
The new gift shop at the ride exit. e really (and I mean REALLY) unique items for sale in there!
20190526_154635.jpg
This new sign was located at the former Splashwater Falls exit.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HellboyBegins7492 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Is it just me but isn’t Six Flags parks due for new water rides, tower drop rides and new types of roller coasters in their park? I don’t know what SFOG has in mind for next year but I heard in a survey they could be interested in a Mack power splash but I don’t know how safe splashwater falls chutes rides is for the near future. I’m wondering if Six Flags will have new rides going forward on their next DC superhero Aquaman since we’ve seen rides based on cyborg, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, even Batman 4D free spin coaster, Superman not so much but I want to see if they will come out with new rides based on aquaman we will have to wait in see for 2020 if they focus on Arthur Curry.

Postby The username » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Splash Waterfalls is already dead

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:39 pm

HellboyBegins7492 wrote:Is it just me but isn’t Six Flags parks due for new water rides, tower drop rides and new types of roller coasters in their park? I don’t know what SFOG has in mind for next year but I heard in a survey they could be interested in a Mack power splash but I don’t know how safe splashwater falls chutes rides is for the near future. I’m wondering if Six Flags will have new rides going forward on their next DC superhero Aquaman since we’ve seen rides based on cyborg, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, even Batman 4D free spin coaster, Superman not so much but I want to see if they will come out with new rides based on aquaman we will have to wait in see for 2020 if they focus on Arthur Curry.

Water rides (in the dry area of parks) are dying off like the plague all over (at least in terms of log flumes and chute-the-shoot rides). Splashwater Falls has been done for and will be removed soon enough. IF a Mack Power Splash were to come to SFOG...that's likely the plot it would go in. Of course in usual Six Flags fashion, they'll likely have an S&S Freespin put there instead to put with Metropolis/JL. Maybe they can add water effects and "theme" it to Aquaman...lol

Tower ride? They have 2 of those. New coaster? S&S Freespin or Mack Power Splash...there you have it.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:10 am

After a rest day today, I'll be heading to SFoG tomm. I only have a few hours, until prob 4, 4:30. Any idea what crowds will be like? Its Sunday and I assume school out so Im just banking on needing a fast pass. Though I dont need to marathon...anyone think, by being there right at opening, can beat crowds to the RMC and manage to get at least one on each ride fairly wait free before crowds really pile in?
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Postby The username » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:45 pm

I was there this previous Sunday and lines for the rides were not bad, mainly the water park was crowded so unless you want to hit EVERY coaster then you shouldn't need a fast-pass

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby tndank » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:16 pm

Last Sunday was dead until 1 or 2. In 4 Sunday visits this year I've been able to knock out all coasters before 1pm.

Don't forget Twisted typically opens a half hour before posted time. Sometimes Scorcher, too. They will have the rest roped til 1030.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!