Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 am

^ ...yeah, you're right. He was talking about the water park. I goofed. :oops: :oops: :oops:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mine Blower
6. Mako 7. Alpengeist 8. Twisted Cyclone 9. Montu 10. Mindbender

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:44 pm

Lotologist492 wrote:Across town, SF White Water had their opening day, in spite of a terrible weather forecast. Good news is there were NO storms and the weather was quite pleasant! Crowds were at a minimum and every attraction I observed was a walk-on.

A few observations:

The Little Hooch (Lazy River) got a major overhaul with resurfacing of the trough as well as new paint for the entirety of the circuit. The walls and fencing adjacent to the lazy river were extensively cleaned as well making this attraction look really nice.

There is an all new small retail location located near the park entrance next to the tube rental station.

The 2019 Dive In Movies list banners were posted at the head of the wave pool as in years' past. Looks like there is some rehab work taking place near the movie screen building.

in talking to an operations manager, he confirmed the Rapids ride would remain closed permanently; it has been removed from the park map. He also indicated this would eventually be the location for a new attraction.

The Diamond / Elite seating area has been reconfigured somewhat and looks much better.

A new membership lounge and charging station has been set up near member services.

I cannot comment on improvement (or lack thereof) in the food and beverage service as the park was very much empty and lines were non existent. Hopefully this will be improved from last year; the next busy weekend will tell the tale.

Welcome back, summer!

Thank you for this update! I’m really sad to hear The Rapids is going away. Such a unique ride! Fun and long. I assume it needed upkeep work and the park also probably would rather not have to staff it since there has to be employees at every splash pool.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby The username » Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 pm

So I'm planning on hitting up the park on the 23 when it opens full time for the summer. When looking on the app it seems like that is the day their planning to open Pandemonium. Can anyone confirm this??

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu May 16, 2019 10:21 am

^The only thing I've seen is that it's opening Memorial Day weekend. Considering this is Six Flags, that could be May 24, 25, 26, or 27. I've seen no specific date as of yet.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby tndank » Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 am

Website says ERT for members on the 23rd from Open to 3pm. I would assume it's open to all at 3 on the 23rd.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:09 pm

For the locals:

My family is visiting the park for the first time on Sunday and Monday, June 30th and July 1st. I have a few questions as a first time visitor.
1. Is two full days necessary without Flash Pass, or can we get away with 1.5 days?
2. Is a plan of attack necessary? I understand Dare Devil Dive is the worst line in the park, and we plan on using our Diamond Membership skip-the-line pass on that coaster both days. Any other tips for rides to hit at opening?
3. Any good food at the park that isn't your typical Six Flags / theme park food?
4. Any "magic seats" on the coasters?

Thanks for any and all advice! This will be my 6th Six Flags park and it seems to be one of the best!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Postby bert425 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:33 am

my 1st visit ever to the park (last year) was for 2 days, and my honest opinion is that I was glad I had 2 days, tho really could have done it in 1.

but for things I really wanted re-rides on (and got multiples): Goliath, Twisted Cyclone, Mindbender, Batman, Monster Mansion (!) - it's so F'ed up, I loved it and rode at least a dozen times, Justice League? I was glad I had a 2nd day to go back and didn't mind any lines.

I did find many of the coasters to be really 1 & Done for *me* (DareDevilDive, Scorcher, GASM, Blue Hawk, Superman).. but glad I got a lap on them.

the best food we had while there? Macho Nacho (it was really good).
and several folks hung at the bar directly across from Monster Mansion, and they said the drinks/snacks were good there too.

as to "magic seats"? I really enjoyed Twisted Cyclone towards the front left (yeah, its slow going over 1st drop, but when you come up on that amazing wave turn and you SEE it coming in the front? worth it). I also found Goliath to be better in the back, but that could just be me.

not a local, but that's my 2cents. :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Wed May 22, 2019 1:26 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:For the locals:

My family is visiting the park for the first time on Sunday and Monday, June 30th and July 1st. I have a few questions as a first time visitor.
1. Is two full days necessary without Flash Pass, or can we get away with 1.5 days?
2. Is a plan of attack necessary? I understand Dare Devil Dive is the worst line in the park, and we plan on using our Diamond Membership skip-the-line pass on that coaster both days. Any other tips for rides to hit at opening?
3. Any good food at the park that isn't your typical Six Flags / theme park food?

Thanks for any and all advice! This will be my 6th Six Flags park and it seems to be one of the best!

1. Sunday and Monday are usually the light days in terms of crowds so I would suggest waiting until you are at the park to decide on a Flash Pass or not. And the prices fluctuate day by day so I definitely don't suggest purchasing a Flash Pass online to ANYONE!

2. Dare Devil Dive, Twisted Cyclone, and Superman Ultimate Flight (not necessarily in that order) will have the longest lines for sure. Since you are using your skip-the-lines for Dare Devil Dive, I would suggest hitting Twisted Cyclone first and then making a bee-line for Superman (as it is all the way in the back of the park). Then hit Dare Devil Dive as you reach that section of the park.

3. Macho Nacho is a must have everytime I visit, but there's this new spot called Strutters that I've heard some pretty good reviews about. Its across from the Dahlonega Mine Train and the Membership Lounge. I plan on trying them out next month and giving my own personal review.

4. I personally prefer the back row on EVERYTHING! Lol. Even the Great American Scream Machine (which is pretty much the 'roughest' and one of the oldest rides in the park).

I hope this helps and I hope that you guys have fun! I'll be waiting on that trip report! lol
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll take that all into account.

In addition to this park, we are also visiting Carowinds, Kings Dominion, and Six Flags America (no BGW unfortunately... simply a time and budget constraint. Trying to stick to parks we can use our Six Flags passes and Platinum passes for). I definitely plan on creating a thread and writing up reports on each park!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Zoltret » Thu May 23, 2019 7:54 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:For the locals:

If you are planning on Blue Hawk, i recommend sitting in car 5 row 1, Less head banging

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!