Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:24 am

hmm. . you're at an amusement park, why would you need to text?

I guess it's my age :p. . but when I go to my local park, the only text I send is when I get there, and then when I'm leaving (to let the spouse know what time I'll be home). I'm at a park to have fun, not be on my phone :)

now get off of my lawn!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:52 am

^Well i'm trying to start video blogging my park visits since I visit the park frequently. You'd be surprised by how many people are interested in amusement parks on YouTube. I want to live stream my experiences but I can't do that without reliable cell reception. It has nothing to do with texting. ;)
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zeus7331 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:15 am

^I send texts because I am normally there alone with my 4 young daughters (ages 3-9) and their mother is just checking on them. I like to send photos of them having a good time out and about to her, my family and friends.

Postby bert425 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:21 am

^ & ^^

I get that, but why do they need to be sent from the park? Can't you film the video and just post it when you get home?
or send the pictures later?

to each their own. . . but to me? Having signal in a park is never gonna be high on my priority list, since I will just post the pics when I get home.

Edit: and it's great you bring the girls to Parks! get em hooked early, on the fun of an amusement park :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:31 am

bert425 wrote:hmm. . you're at an amusement park, why would you need to text?

I guess it's my age :p. . but when I go to my local park, the only text I send is when I get there, and then when I'm leaving (to let the spouse know what time I'll be home). I'm at a park to have fun, not be on my phone :)

now get off of my lawn!

How else will I be able to tell my friends which bar I'm at?

Also, wait times. Uber. Text the wifey what time I'll be home.
Instagram. Snapchat. Lots of things. Its 2018 and I need wifi, yo.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:49 am

Cell service at SFOG is very spotty. Some places are 4G and some are edge or 2G. It's weird. I also have tmobile and it's not that great at SFOG. As for being on my phone at the park...I spend a lot of time taking pics and video. I usually post everything to instagram and facebook while I'm there or when I get home. Days or weeks later I will make a video for my youtube and twitter. It's been 4 weeks since I was at Cedar Point and I'm still making that video from everything I filmed. I try not to be on my phone at the parks too much, and it aggravates the family some that I am. But seeing how I'm not close to any parks, I don't get to visit very often so I get all I can while I'm there. For you folks who live next door to a park that can go every week, you're lucky.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 am

As someone who works basically 24/7, even while on vacation, and a LOT of my work is done via text messaging... I ALWAYS find myself stuck having to text (and email) while at parks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigger is not always better.

Postby bert425 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:56 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:

As someone who works basically 24/7, even while on vacation, and a LOT of my work is done via text messaging... I ALWAYS find myself stuck having to text (and email) while at parks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

that's why I said to each their own.

For me tho? I basically work 24/7 too. .but when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation (I don't check email, or respond to any calls).

(and not that it was necessarily directed at me, but when I refer to Fiesta Tx as my "local" park, it's still about 1 1/2 hours away. . so only go about once a month. (still don't talk on phone or text while in the park, but then again, I don't film concerts either (I take a few pics then put the phone away to enjoy the live show)). . to each their own.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:34 pm

bert425 wrote:I get that, but why do they need to be sent from the park? Can't you film the video and just post it when you get home?
or send the pictures later?

Live streaming is what I'm trying to accomplish... I have plenty of videos that I'm in the process of putting together but you need a reliable signal to stream live.

Anywhoo... I came out to the park today. I arrived right at 11:30 so that I could get my Nacho's for lunch before the long line inside of Macho Nacho's formed. It started raining around 3ish and it rained for a couple of hours. Good thing too because the park cleared out.

Batman and Joker was closed all day. I was able to get 3 rides on Thunder River without leaving my seat. I could have got a 4th but I had to take a potty break. Lol. I even took a journey through the Monster Mansion because there was no line.

They had an ERT after the park closed so I was able to get 2 more laps on Twisted Cyclone in the back row after dark. I also rode Acrophobia two more times after dark as well. The Scorcher was also a part of the ERT but I had already ridden it twice earlier so it wasn't a must re-ride for me.

-Ride Count-
Twisted Cyclone - 4x
Acrophobia - 4x
Scorcher - 2x
Scream Machine - 2x
Superman - 1x
Mind Bender - 5x
Goliath - 4x
Thunder River - 3x
Monster Mansion - 1x
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lotologist492 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:26 pm

A few tidbits from today's visit:

The small construction area near Goliath is still a mud pit. Although there could be enough room there for a small flat ride, I have to wonder if they are planning a Diamond VIP lounge there, similar to the one I saw at Fiesta. -OR- another dining option would be welcome too. The temporary ride entrance goes right through what used to be a small snack stand. The fluffy bunnies have been relocated there as well.

There is a summer show in the Crystal Pistol! Titled "Rhythm & Grooves", we did not even know about this show until late in the day so we will definitely check it out next visit.

Could Splashwater Falls be on the way out? This ride has been SBNO for months now. On this visit we observed the water cannon stations on the bridge have been removed. The ride just looks dirty and very un-maintained. If this theory is correct, perhaps this would be a good spot for a Giant Discovery (pendulum), and it could be DC themed too since it is between the DC Super Friends area and Metropolis. There is more than enough room there.

Twisted Cyclone has received more theming pieces. There are three new small signs on the lift hill and several boat 'wrecks' have been added to the area. I still cannot get over how amazing this ride is.

The TEXAS Locomotive was in service today. From the looks of things, this was the engine that caught fire awhile back. There were charred areas on the smoke stack plus a small tarp covering something on it, but the engine was in service.

It is nice to see the park investing in all these small projects and sprucing things up a bit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!