Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Pulling Boats at Thunder River
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Seddy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:26 pm

^I was also at the park yesterday and was in line when the idiot decided to jump the fence and enter the track area, causing an E-Stop. I would have made the 2nd to last train but instead I was on the one before that. Back row, by myself because one of the seats was acting strange causing a couple to wait on the next train. I was EXTRA jealous of the father and daughter who got the last train to themselves. Lol

Did you happen to be around the Sky Screamer when someone decided to drop one dollar bills while up at the top? I was in line trying to get my funnel cake and all I heard was screaming. I turn around and see everyone looking up. I look up, and theres about $50 worth of one dollar bills floating in the sky. Its amazing how people go crazy when free money is involved. I saw a little boy get knocked over by a grown a$$ lady. SMH

The security issue while entering the park definitely raised an eyebrow. I noticed that Six Flags had brought in a 3rd party to assist with the crowds at the entrance gates. I know why it was done but they should have definitely had them checking bags.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 593
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Location: alabama
Gender: Male
Age: 44

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby The Geek Mojo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Seddy wrote:^I was also at the park yesterday and was in line when the idiot decided to jump the fence and enter the track area, causing an E-Stop. I would have made the 2nd to last train but instead I was on the one before that. Back row, by myself because one of the seats was acting strange causing a couple to wait on the next train. I was EXTRA jealous of the father and daughter who got the last train to themselves. Lol

Did you happen to be around the Sky Screamer when someone decided to drop one dollar bills while up at the top? I was in line trying to get my funnel cake and all I heard was screaming. I turn around and see everyone looking up. I look up, and theres about $50 worth of one dollar bills floating in the sky. Its amazing how people go crazy when free money is involved. I saw a little boy get knocked over by a grown a$$ lady. SMH

The security issue while entering the park definitely raised an eyebrow. I noticed that Six Flags had brought in a 3rd party to assist with the crowds at the entrance gates. I know why it was done but they should have definitely had them checking bags.


My wife and I were the ones who had to wait for the next train. Seat 23, left back row on the black train wasn't working. We tried swapping seats but it just wouldn't work. We ended up riding the red train on the back. The next to last row on the red train was roped off and that's how that last 2 people got a ride by themselves. Both trains are having issues, I guess maintenance is just doing patch jobs on them.

As for skyscreamer incident, I missed that...We were over in that area around 1pm and rode skyscreamer then. It's sad how people act, but I guess it's pretty common on bring a friend free day.
Last edited by The Geek Mojo on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:23 am.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain
User avatar
 
Posts: 7407
Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Location: Philthadelphia
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 am

Seddy wrote:Did you happen to be around the Sky Screamer when someone decided to drop one dollar bills while up at the top? I was in line trying to get my funnel cake and all I heard was screaming. I turn around and see everyone looking up. I look up, and theres about $50 worth of one dollar bills floating in the sky. Its amazing how people go crazy when free money is involved. I saw a little boy get knocked over by a grown a$$ lady. SMH


I can't put into words how much this story delights me. :lol: Because either

A. Some assh*le didn't secure their stash of ones and lost them up top of the Sky Screamer, which is just perfect and hilarious and probably looked amazing

or B. some teenage assh*le was all "imma make it rain from tha toppa tha Sky Screamer yo!" and was actually willing to waste money to impress his girl/friends/etc

Either way I'm literally willing to knock over a little boy to see footage of this.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 593
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Location: alabama
Gender: Male
Age: 44

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby The Geek Mojo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:19 am

One more little rant about SFOG but I'm sure it's common at all Six Flags and that is customer comfort. I can not believe they didn't install any fans or just one fan inside the Twisted Cyclone queue area. There is absolutely no air flow inside that building. It's almost near torture. But that being said, there is nothing worse than Batman's loading area. I do love SFOG...but not so much on 90 degree days.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Pulling Boats at Thunder River
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Seddy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 am

The Geek Mojo wrote:My wife and I were the ones who had to wait for the next train. Seat 23, left back row on the black train wasn't working. We tried swapping seats but it just wouldn't work. We ended up riding the red train on the back. The next to last row on the red train was roped off and that's how that last 2 people got a ride by themselves. Both trains are having issues, I guess maintenance is just doing patch jobs on them.


I was actually the one that swapped with you two! Haha! It was a good thing I was by myself. Lol. I was a little worried because I thought they were going to make me take an empty seat somewhere else on the train. Seat 23 (and you guys!) saved the day and allowed me to get a back row ride in to wrap up my night. :airtime: :airtimer:

I'm hoping that the constant issues they are having are just a part of the ride settling itself in. I've noticed that most of the issues occur early in the day, and after a while it runs at a more reliable pace. I got stuck in the brake run, cooking in the Georgia sun when I rode early Friday afternoon. I know that Lightning Rod was a pain in the a$$ when it first opened, and we all know about Steel Vengeance's unfortunate 'bump'. I hope that overtime they get all the kinks worked out. Believe it or not, as a former employee at SFOG, I know that the crew members get more irritated than the guests during a brake down - mainly because it gets repetitive and frustrating to have to keep waiting on maintenance to come and get everything running again. And I used to hate having to make the 'technical difficulty' announcement and answer the 'whats wrong with it?' 'is it safe?' 'are we gonna die?' questions.

boldikus wrote:I can't put into words how much this story delights me. :lol: Because either

A. Some assh*le didn't secure their stash of ones and lost them up top of the Sky Screamer, which is just perfect and hilarious and probably looked amazing

or B. some teenage assh*le was all "imma make it rain from tha toppa tha Sky Screamer yo!" and was actually willing to waste money to impress his girl/friends/etc

Either way I'm literally willing to knock over a little boy to see footage of this.


Seeing that cash floating in the sky was absolutely hilarious! But the Lion King type stampede that ensued was quite sad, mainly because grown folks showed no regards to the young kids that had no clue what was going on. I tried to pull out my phone to record a quick video of the madness but by the time I got my camera open, the last few bills were floating towards the trees.

The Geek Mojo wrote:One more little rant about SFOG but I'm sure it's common at all Six Flags and that is customer comfort. I can not believe they didn't install any fans or just one fan inside the Twisted Cyclone queue area. There is absolutely no air flow inside that building. It's almost near torture. But that being said, there is nothing worse than Batman's loading area. I do love SFOG...but not so much on 90 degree days.


I don't think SFOG knew how hot it would get inside the TC queue house. I don't remember the queue house getting that hot when the Georgia Cyclone was running but now it's brutal in there during the daylight hours. I'm sure fans (possibly with mist) will be installed soon.

We used to call the Batcave (Batman's station) the oven back in the day. When Batman first opened they actually had air conditioning in the queue house and station. I'm guessing that when it went out, they decided to leave it alone. They also got lazy with the theming for the ride as well. There used to be a police car that hit the fire hydrant in the outdoor area outside of the warehouse. Mist sprayed from the sides as the train was returning to the station. There was chasing lights in the floor when it dropped, and it played an eerie-yet cool 'batman tune' as the train was dispatched to the lift hill. As a HUGE Batman fan, I really miss all of that. :(
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 52

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:15 am

The Geek Mojo wrote:One more little rant about SFOG but I'm sure it's common at all Six Flags and that is customer comfort. I can not believe they didn't install any fans or just one fan inside the Twisted Cyclone queue area. There is absolutely no air flow inside that building. It's almost near torture. But that being said, there is nothing worse than Batman's loading area. I do love SFOG...but not so much on 90 degree days.


at least in Fiesta Texas, they have fans on several rides (Superman and Poltergeist stations in particular can get really stuffy, but are very comfortable when they have all the fans on).

not sure how "new" the fans are, but for the past few visits, they've all been on.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Pulling Boats at Thunder River
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Seddy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:36 pm

I got to the park a little after 1pm and it was literally a dead zone. I don't think Twisted Cyclones queue ever passed the 1st row in the queue house. Joker was running but Superman was closed most of the day. I was in line for Goliath around 7:30 ish and finally saw a train going up the lift.

I got multiple rides on everything I wanted to ride with the exception of Thunder River, mainly because I never made my way back down there.

I also took a chance and rode the Scream Machine in the back row. To my surprise, the old Cyclone trains have made the back row a little more rideable than the 3 bench trains did. I was sure that I was going to throw my back out but I actually enjoyed my ride. I ended up riding it a second time just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I'm still in shock! Lol

For anyone reading this - If you have an off day during the week and want to actually enjoy a visit to the park, get out there! I'm thinking about going back tomorrow just to see how the crowds are.

-Ride Count-
Twisted Cyclone - 2
Acrophobia - 4
Goliath - 3
Mind Bender - 3
Batman - 4
Scorcher - 1
Scream Machine - 2
Thunder River - 1
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?
 
Posts: 129
Joined: 21 Nov 2013
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Khat26 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Got four rides on Twisted Cyclone today. Man, RMC doesn't mess around.

I used a roller coaster tester app to see how strong the airtime was. Backseat had the strongest reading at about -2.2. Not sure how accurate the reading is but I believe it.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Pulling Boats at Thunder River
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Seddy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Khat26 wrote:Got four rides on Twisted Cyclone today. Man, RMC doesn't mess around.

I used a roller coaster tester app to see how strong the airtime was. Backseat had the strongest reading at about -2.2. Not sure how accurate the reading is but I believe it.


That back row at night is insane... That's the only word I can think of to describe it. That dip before the zero-g roll though...

I have a question though... Does anyone else get sh!tty cell reception out there? I had T-Mobile, switched to Cricket (AT&T's towers supposedly) and now I'm tempted to switch to Boost. Something's gotta give.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Jun 2016
Location: Duluth, GA
Gender: Male
Age: 38

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby zeus7331 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:33 am

Seddy wrote:I have a question though... Does anyone else get sh!tty cell reception out there? I had T-Mobile, switched to Cricket (AT&T's towers supposedly) and now I'm tempted to switch to Boost. Something's gotta give.


The cell service at the front of the park is horrible. I have AT&T and the service is better everywhere else but the front. I use the word BETTER as a stretch. I can barely get texts out everywhere else.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron